PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Argos the only team being questioned about salary cap compliance?

Will
02-07-2021, 10:06 AM
YES, the 2019 Toronto Argonauts violated the salary cap.

YES, the Toronto Argonauts have been very active in the weeks leading up to free agency and have brought in Charleston Hughes, Eric Rogers, Cordarro Law & Nick Arbuckle.

BUT, the Edmonton Football Team and Hamilton Tiger-Cats have also been quite active. Edmonton has signed a lot of players who were already free agents and Hamilton has re-signed a lot of their core (that might not necessarily be coming at the cheap).

I think we know the answer to this question already, but WHY does it seem that the Argos the only team being questioned on this?

Argo57
02-07-2021, 11:08 AM
YES, the 2019 Toronto Argonauts violated the salary cap.

YES, the Toronto Argonauts have been very active in the weeks leading up to free agency and have brought in Charleston Hughes, Eric Rogers, Cordarro Law & Nick Arbuckle.

BUT, the Edmonton Football Team and Hamilton Tiger-Cats have also been quite active. Edmonton has signed a lot of players who were already free agents and Hamilton has re-signed a lot of their core (that might not necessarily be coming at the cheap).

I think we know the answer to this question already, but WHY does it seem that the Argos the only team being questioned on this?

Don’t you know the league bends the rules to favour the Argonauts from Big Bad Toronto.
Fans from other teams (Riders) openly question the Argos cap situation and how they do business assuming their team(s) follow the leagues rules to the letter.
In actual fact all organizations push the boundaries looking for any advantage they can get.
Keep up the good work Argos.👍

AngeloV
02-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Come on Will. We all know it's to make people ath the Toronto Sports Network happy. At least that's what the yahoos out west say.

doubleblue
02-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Don’t you know the league bends the rules to favour the Argonauts from Big Bad Toronto.
Fans from other teams (Riders) openly question the Argos cap situation and how they do business assuming their team(s) follow the leagues rules to the letter.
In actual fact all organizations push the boundaries looking for any advantage they can get.
Keep up the good work Argos.

Hamilton fans cried for years that "the Argos are over the cap". No proof of course. Just we had better teams. I guess Bob Young changed all that, spending freely, and everything has been quiet now for a few years as they're winning.

Argo57
02-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Hamilton fans cried for years that "the Argos are over the cap". No proof of course. Just we had better teams. I guess Bob Young changed all that, spending freely, and everything has been quiet now for a few years as they're winning.

Very true, some have also questioned Hamilton’s ability to re-sign players with market friendly contracts but personally I give them credit for creating a team culture that makes it easier to keep guys around.

Jon Gonzo
02-07-2021, 12:39 PM
The Argos need to be the villains.

Leo knew it, and Pinner has studied it.

Ruffle feathers, make noise, get hate and demand attention with a twinkle in the eye and the sardonic smile of a true rebel.

Bring it ON! Drape us in hate

OV Argo
02-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Come on Will. We all know it's to make people ath the Toronto Sports Network happy. At least that's what the yahoos out west say.

Yep - the cry-babying from some of the clown CFL "fans" out there, is enough to make ya puke at times; boo, hoo, hoo, those big bad Easterners; hate the Argos and some wanted to see the new Ottawa team fail/fold ??? I just don't get that attitude - other than sore loser sport fans all bent out of shape that their team was $hitty ?

Argo57
02-07-2021, 01:13 PM

Ruffle feathers, make noise, get hate and demand attention with a twinkle in the eye and the sardonic smile of a true rebel.

Love it!
Being the 17x World Champions from the epicentre of Canada will naturally generate hate and envy from across our fine nation.
The sooner the rest of Canada realizes we are the greatest fan base supporting the greatest franchise in professional sports this hatred will subside, until then savour it!

ArgoGabe22
02-07-2021, 01:25 PM
I say bring it on. I have no problems being the villains and telling the West to suck it.

gilthethrill
02-07-2021, 01:26 PM
Just love being the Villain! Booo Haaa Haaaa Haaaa!!!

paulwoods13
02-07-2021, 02:31 PM
I don't know to whom Will is referring, but I've read complaints on other teams' boards about free spending in Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary and B.C. We're not the only ones being accused of cap shenanigans.

jerrym
02-07-2021, 10:45 PM

Exactly. After all Toronto and the Argos are the epicentre of the universe.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8