View Full Version : Argos facemask from Real Sports - awfully snug

shayman
02-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Anybody else order this from Real Sports?

https://shop.realsports.ca/collections/argos-accessories/products/toronto-argos-adult-2-pack-face-covers

A 2 pack of 'adult' sized face covers. Mine just arrived and geez they are an uncomfortably tight fit over my ears.

They look nice and seem to be well made but. ... I know I have a giant head but am wondering now if it's just me or if these really are a tight fit for everybody. For $35 I expected a better fit.

signed,
7-7/8 hat size

ArgoGabe22
02-09-2021, 09:24 PM
Don't have these ones but I found the other Argos one (3 pack) to be very tight and not very elastically.

paulwoods13
02-10-2021, 08:23 AM
I ordered the Youth size which was all that was available at the time. Far too small, I've had to ask my wife to sew them on to adult-sized masks.

shayman
02-10-2021, 12:26 PM
I think the 3-pack is intended for kids so I'm not surprised it'd be smaller, but this so-called "adult" one is so snug it's actually pulling my ears forward. In an attractive Alfred E. Neuman kind of way.

My wife's been involved in a huge canada-wide charitable operation making and distributing tens of thousands of masks over the past year, and we have plenty of examples in our house of how I think it should fit! Will have to do a little hybridization here. I've left feedback for Real Sports that they should rethink this design.

shayman
02-11-2021, 01:15 PM
Followup: I left feedback for Real Sports that this mask, although an attractive design and apparently well-made, is too uncomfortable to wear, and they replied basically "We're sorry you feel that way; nobody else has complained but it's a final sale, not returnable, and here's a code for 10% off your next order".

They should have a few players try this mask. I can't be the only one with a slightly larger than normal size head. If you, like me, have ever purchased a "one size fits all" cap and thought "no it doesn't", then this is definitely not the mask for you.

ArgoGabe22
02-11-2021, 05:41 PM
"We're sorry you feel that way; nobody else has complained but it's a final sale, not returnable, and here's a code for 10% off your next order".

Maybe you're the first and only purchase thus far. To be honest, I never knew they were even selling these.

shayman
02-11-2021, 09:30 PM
The order took a surprisingly long time. Maybe they were waiting for someone to order one before they started manufacturing any.

matthew
02-12-2021, 07:18 PM
They don’t do very well after a few washes either had mine since they launched and they’re pretty much done. $50 at end of day. Yeah I get the charity thing but to me another example where our merch isn’t very compelling.

Will
02-13-2021, 08:42 AM
I lose most of the masks I get anyways so...

ArgofanIan
02-15-2021, 08:48 PM
I bought a pack. They look nice but are too tight to wear. Hoping I can find someone to sew onto a right side mask somehow.

ArgofanIan
07-25-2021, 10:26 AM
I would think the ARRgos and all teams could sell a lot right sized fitting masks at the games going forward. just my opinion but for teams like maybe BC, MTL and and our team... wish the leaque could somehow help with stuff like this.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8