PDA

View Full Version : Inside the free agency war room...

Mike Hogan
02-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Not an overly busy day, but still some twists and turns.

https://www.argonauts.ca/2021/02/10/hogan-inside-argos-free-agency-war-room/

Wobbler
02-10-2021, 09:46 PM
I haven't even started reading but I'm already impressed. Thanks for the photo of greybeard Pinball!

Wobbler
02-10-2021, 10:06 PM
The current org was not sad to lose O'Connor, at all. I see no reason to disagree.

Rich
02-11-2021, 03:30 AM
After so many years of Argo GMs who steadfastly refused to rebuild the team through free agency, it is such a fricken blast to see the Argos wheelin and dealin again.

Sure the unprecedented off-season is a factor, but this management team is clearly not afraid of the bold move. There’s no way either of the previous GMs would have signed a guy like Charleston Hughes. We don’t know how it will all turn out, obviously, but at least this has been one of the more exciting Februarys to be an Argo fan.

Argo57
02-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Smart moves made by the Argos ahead of free agency made for a relatively quiet day.
Totally forgot that Jarious Jackson is the Argos OC.
Always enjoy these behind the scene stories.

AngeloV
02-11-2021, 09:00 PM
Great write up. My favourite part was the part where it was indicated contrary to what is out on some online sources, the Argos have plenty of cap room left. Rumours started by the anti Toronto population...yes I am looking out west.

OV Argo
02-11-2021, 09:48 PM
The current org was not sad to lose O'Connor, at all. I see no reason to disagree.

Yeah, why would they give a flying **** about some Canadian QB the previous regime drafted; they are so deep at QB anyhow.

doubleblue
02-12-2021, 11:01 AM
Yeah, why would they give a flying **** about some Canadian QB the previous regime drafted; they are so deep at QB anyhow.

But OV they got out bid. :)

jerrym
02-12-2021, 02:31 PM

That was the subtext of the way I read the article. Thanks again Mike for a great, informative article.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8