PDA

View Full Version : Let's roll!

Will
06-14-2021, 02:32 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-board-of-governors-vote-in-favour-of-14-game-season-1.1654435

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mightygoose
06-14-2021, 02:52 PM
Looking forward to seeing the schedule tomorrow. It's been far too long since we can talk about actual football.

I guess those in the media questioning MLSE's commitment to play this year appears they have their answer now...and one that should keep them quiet so we hope.

Bleeds Double Blue
06-14-2021, 03:04 PM
This is obviously wonderful news on so many levels. Without knowledge of the framework for the return to play plan I am wondering how training camp is going to work? Will teams be forced to run separate cohorts of offense, defense and special teams? I can't imagine the government is going to allow everyone to be on the field and in the facility at the same time. If I am not mistaken the Argos have in the neighbourhood of 100 players signed in addition to coaches and staff.

AngeloV
06-14-2021, 04:54 PM
This is obviously wonderful news on so many levels. Without knowledge of the framework for the return to play plan I am wondering how training camp is going to work? Will teams be forced to run separate cohorts of offense, defense and special teams? I can't imagine the government is going to allow everyone to be on the field and in the facility at the same time. If I am not mistaken the Argos have in the neighbourhood of 100 players signed in addition to coaches and staff.

How would this be any different than the NHLers allowed to being able to have full out practices and games? I don't think there will be any limits to what they can do in practice. The question is, with no pre-season games, have the league and PA agreed to allow a little more contact in practice so they can have proper player evaluation.

Will
06-14-2021, 06:07 PM

Without exhibition games you gotta see how these guys perform in some sort of game situation.

Bleeds Double Blue
06-14-2021, 07:00 PM
How would this be any different than the NHLers allowed to being able to have full out practices and games?
The difference is that there are a lot more people taking part at a football training camp than there are at a Leaf practise. I don't know the situation in Ontario but here in BC the restriction will change tomorrow to allow for outdoor groups of 50 and we are far ahead of Ontario in regards to Covid recovery. I'm just curious about what the protocolns will be once camps open.

Argo57
06-14-2021, 07:28 PM
Looking forward to seeing the schedule tomorrow. It's been far too long since we can talk about actual football.

I guess those in the media questioning MLSE's commitment to play this year appears they have their answer now...and one that should keep them quiet so we hope.

Yes, can’t wait to get back to BMO, enjoy some Argo football and catch up with our friends that we sit with.
The fact the Argonauts were by far the most aggressive player in the free agent market didn’t stop some media and one particular western fan base from theorizing that MLSE weren’t committed to playing this season, I guess they were proven incorrect once again.

ArgoGabe22
06-14-2021, 08:34 PM
What happened to Dunk’s insider scoop that ALS and Argos want to pull out? Lol

"Issues"Mcgee
06-14-2021, 08:35 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

I've already started to rally the troops. If there is stadium access, we'll be there. If not, viewing parties and barbecues.

I look forward to all of your football insight too. I've learned a lot from just reading your posts.

LET'S GO!!!!!

AngeloV
06-14-2021, 09:12 PM
The difference is that there are a lot more people taking part at a football training camp than there are at a Leaf practise. I don't know the situation in Ontario but here in BC the restriction will change tomorrow to allow for outdoor groups of 50 and we are far ahead of Ontario in regards to Covid recovery. I'm just curious about what the protocolns will be once camps open.

Not really. Leafs had 50 some players in their mini training camp, indoors on a much smaller surface. I think that’s more congested than 80 some players outdoors on a field the size of almost 4 hockey rinks.

jerrym
06-15-2021, 12:19 AM
Finally! Grrrrrrrrrreat!

Will
06-15-2021, 06:01 PM
What happened to Dunk’s insider scoop that ALS and Argos want to pull out? Lol

The more and more Dunk reported that, the more and more you knew the vote was going to be unanimous. Nobody wanted to be THAT team that said no.

Downtownfan
06-17-2021, 05:22 PM
If we are at 35% of capacity, that's about 7,000 for BMO for football, correct? That might actually be OK if it is spread out-- would we have seating in all the sections? I really do wonder how this is going to work.

paulwoods13
06-18-2021, 08:13 AM
If we are at 35% of capacity, that's about 7,000 for BMO for football, correct? That might actually be OK if it is spread out-- would we have seating in all the sections? I really do wonder how this is going to work.

I think BMO seats about 24,000 for football, so one-third would be 8,000. I assume most if not all STHs will be able to go to pretty well every game, but they will have to move people around to spread us all out.

Will
06-19-2021, 08:26 AM
I think BMO seats about 24,000 for football, so one-third would be 8,000. I assume most if not all STHs will be able to go to pretty well every game, but they will have to move people around to spread us all out.

I'm not sure whether we should be happy or sad over this fact.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8