PDA

View Full Version : Brian Edwards

Will
07-05-2021, 02:43 PM
I don't know how many of you knew him personally, but Brian was a big CFL fan and a big Edmonton football fan. Sadly he passed away over the weekend.

He was a mainstay at Grey Cup games and would often be in Toronto for Edmonton/Argo games.

The CFL community will miss him.

OV Argo
07-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Sad news; condolences to the family and RIP Eskinator.

Got to first "chat" with him via the old Total CFL fan site (Ravi was there too) and later meet Brian at CFL games at Lansdowne and he later introduced me to some other CFL fanatics at a GC week party in Ottawa; he was a super nice guy and a CFL super-fan who travelled all over the country to follow and support the CFL.

Mike Hogan
07-05-2021, 03:39 PM
Brian was a solid guy.

A quick Argo related story...

We were doing a ticket blitz in the early months of 2019. Brian called me and wanted to know if it would help if he bought a season ticket even though he lived in Edmonton. He did end up buying one ticket, which he renewed for 2020 and carried over to this year. He flew to Toronto in '19 to watch his beloved Green and Gold from HIS seat, then donated the other tickets. I'm certain he was looking forward to flying to Toronto next month to watch his team from HIS seat.

He loved his Elks and loved the name change...but he loved the league and the people involved with it even more.

I'll miss seeing him, bending an elbow (though he'd gone over a year without a drink) and talking in depth about our shared passion.

Sociable my friend.

paulwoods13
07-05-2021, 04:35 PM
He will be missed right across this country. Condolences to his family and his friends and loved ones, especially Lori Bursey, who knew Brian well and introduced me to him in 2013 at SkyDome.

AngeloV
07-05-2021, 09:45 PM
I never met him, but I have heard great stories of how nice he was, mostly from Lori Bursey. May he Rest In Peace.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8