PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Game Thread - Hamilton @ Winnipeg - August 5, 2021

Will
07-30-2021, 09:51 AM
The moment we've all been waiting for (even if it involves Hamilton).

Will be emotional for all CFL fans I think, and especially for Winnipeg where they get to put their banner up.

Will Hamilton have a post-Grey Cup let down (doesn't tend to happen to GC losers as opposed to Superb Owl losers)?

Winnipeg is well coached, but I'm not sure I'm convinced by their offence (especially if Harris is out).

AngeloV
07-30-2021, 11:56 AM
I like the Bombers. My source tells me the Cats are having problems with their OT's and none of their kickers have looked good in camp.

Argo57
07-30-2021, 02:24 PM
I like the Bombers. My source tells me the Cats are having problems with their OT's and none of their kickers have looked good in camp.

That would be a shame, go Bombers!

Will
08-02-2021, 07:33 PM
You may want to take the under on this one as key offensive players (https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/02/bombers-ticats-update-week-1-injury-reports/) are injured for both Winnipeg and Hamilton. The Blue Bombers could be without Harris and Adams while the Tiger-Cats may be without Van Zeyl, Addison and Posey.

Jeremiah Masoli was named the starter for this one for the Tiger-Cats.

OV Argo
08-02-2021, 08:39 PM
The Ticats passing game will be hard to stop; but the Bummers have some good D players and pass rush, though their secondary is questionable IMO.

Even without Harris, the Bummers have quite capable replacements in Oliveira & Augustine; if they stick with plenty of run game, i think they can win; a pass happy shoot-out and I'l bet on the Ticats.

Both teams with question marks in the kicking game.

jerrym
08-03-2021, 03:12 AM
Andrew Harris and former Argo WR Darvin Adams have not been practicing so far this week. If they miss the game, that's two big holes in their offence. I agree that the Bombers have good Canadian backups in Johnny Augustine and Brady Olivera, and even Nik Dempster if a rash of RB injuries hits, but none of them are Andrew Harris.

jerrym
08-05-2021, 01:43 AM
Adams and Harris are now definitely out for this game.

Will
08-05-2021, 06:05 PM
So are Addison, Posey, Laurent, Van Zeyl and the one that starts with A for Hamilton.

jerrym
08-05-2021, 06:55 PM
After almost two years without CFL football, today has seemed a little weird to me.

Argo57
08-05-2021, 08:25 PM
A nice tribute to Tony D’Archi and Chris Schultz.👍🇨🇦

jerrym
08-05-2021, 08:48 PM
I love the excitement generated in the pre-game performance at the stadium. The league needs more of that.

argolio
08-05-2021, 11:42 PM
In answer to the recent 3downnation article that asked if the Ticats can go undefeated, the answer is NO!

Very glad to see the game back.

Argo57
08-05-2021, 11:51 PM
In answer to the recent 3downnation article that asked if the Ticats can go undefeated, the answer is NO!

Dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage by Winnipeg, really enjoyed the game.
Argos can take an almost insurmountable lead with a win on Saturday!

ArgoGabe22
08-05-2021, 11:51 PM
I put no stock in these power rankings but Hamilton is grossly overrated this season

Bleeds Double Blue
08-06-2021, 12:02 AM
I would like tp point out that Hamilton is currently in last place.

jerrym
08-06-2021, 12:24 AM
Considering there has been no games in almost two years and no preseason games, I was surprised how well played the game was.

Brady Oliveira's 126 rushing yards reflect his powerful RB's skills and make him a great backup for Harris.

Foxhound
08-06-2021, 01:31 AM
Almost surprising defensive dominance by the Blue Bombers!

:)

Foxhound
08-06-2021, 01:32 AM
I love the excitement generated in the pre-game performance at the stadium. The league needs more of that.

Oh, absolutely!

:)

AngeloV
08-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Josh Smith is an idiot. That is all.

Wobbler
08-06-2021, 12:54 PM
I didn't see the game. Was Oliviera as good as his stats suggest, or was it more that Winnipeg ran the ball a lot after building up a lead?

AngeloV
08-06-2021, 02:26 PM
I didn't see the game. Was Oliviera as good as his stats suggest, or was it more that Winnipeg ran the ball a lot after building up a lead?

Started off slowly then really turned it on. He looked really good.

Will
08-06-2021, 03:32 PM
I believe both Dylan Wynn and one of the Tiger-Cats DEs were knocked from the game. You definitely noticed the Bombers OL and Oliviera assert themselves once that happened.

The turning point was truly that objectionable conduct penalty on Brandon Banks. The Ticats were driving, and Masoli threw the INT later on that drive to Jefferson.

jerrym
08-06-2021, 08:30 PM

Started off slowly then really turned it on. He looked really good.

As often happens with a hard pounding RB, he gets stronger as the game wore on. In fact, he basically said that after the game, namely his strategy was to hit them hard early, so they weren't looking forward to trying to stop him in the second half. Having a good OL of course helps, but Oliveira also broke a lot of tackles.

Argo57
08-06-2021, 08:57 PM
I believe both Dylan Wynn and one of the Tiger-Cats DEs were knocked from the game. You definitely noticed the Bombers OL and Oliviera assert themselves once that happened.

The turning point was truly that objectionable conduct penalty on Brandon Banks. The Ticats were driving, and Masoli threw the INT later on that drive to Jefferson.

That penalty call was ridiculous.

argolio
08-07-2021, 02:01 PM
One thing that stood out to me was the amount of trash talking in this game. The officials had to step in between players a bunch of times. 20 months since the Grey Cup and they still hate each other.

Foxhound
08-08-2021, 02:29 PM
One thing that stood out to me was the amount of trash talking in this game. The officials had to step in between players a bunch of times. 20 months since the Grey Cup and they still hate each other.

Well Joe Kapp and Angelo Mosca still hated each other fifty years after their Grey Cup Games.

:D

Foxhound
08-08-2021, 02:32 PM
I would like tp point out that Hamilton is currently in last place.

And the Ticats are now mired even deeper in the cellar after the completion of Week 1!

:D

7dj83r8f78t4alf8