PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Game Thread BC Lions at Calgary Stampeders - Thursday, August 12, 2021

Will
08-08-2021, 08:20 PM
I suppose there will be questions all week about Reilly's status.

AngeloV
08-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Only thing Lions have going for them this week is an extra days rest than their opponent. Stamps big.

Mocha
08-12-2021, 11:38 AM
I see the Stamps are dressing three QBs for this game. Is there an injury issue with BLM perhaps?

paulwoods13
08-12-2021, 02:15 PM
I see the Stamps are dressing three QBs for this game. Is there an injury issue with BLM perhaps?

His throws looked off to me last week. He spozedly had a groin issue in camo, IIRC.

AngeloV
08-12-2021, 05:05 PM
His throws looked off to me last week. He spozedly had a groin issue in camo, IIRC.

I didn't think his throws looked off at all, at least not until the last one. He threw some good balls in small windows, especially to Jordan (seem route for big gain and the TD). Lack of continuity with some receivers that don't have a lot of CFL experience was more of a problem to me than BLM.

jerrym
08-12-2021, 07:02 PM

A groin issue, depending on its severity, could throw off one's throwing motion somewhat.

ArgoGabe22
08-13-2021, 12:21 AM
No offence, but is there really not a better USPORTS kicker that the Lions could use? Not sure Yamasaki will last the season at this rate.

jerrym
08-13-2021, 12:36 AM
Bo is a good QB manager but when he is not surrounded by a superior team, his limitations become more apparent.

Calgary is the youngest team in the league and it shows. They may well improve over time, but that will take time.

In both BC games, the QB who was supposed to start ends not starting the game. Was this deliberate deception by HC Campbell?

Mocha
08-13-2021, 09:59 AM
No offence, but is there really not a better USPORTS kicker that the Lions could use? Not sure Yamasaki will last the season at this rate.

He really shouldn't last, unless he showed a lot more in camp than he's been showing in the games.

I'm not positive how it works, but I think the Lions could pluck the Argos Toshiki Sato from the CFL practice roster if they wanted to. I read reports that he was doing well in camp.

It might be a positive for the league if Calgary has a few tough seasons. It will give some other markets a chance to shine.

AngeloV
08-13-2021, 10:43 AM
I didn't think his throws looked off at all, at least not until the last one. He threw some good balls in small windows, especially to Jordan (seem route for big gain and the TD). Lack of continuity with some receivers that don't have a lot of CFL experience was more of a problem to me than BLM.

He was definitely off last night. I still think the turning point was on 2nd and inches down 1-0 from the Lions 20, they couldn’t get the first down. All downhill from there.

Will
08-13-2021, 01:19 PM
I turned if off midway through the 2nd, Reilly's passes looked crisp to that point, am I correct from the final score that he struggled the rest of the game?

Mocha
08-13-2021, 02:44 PM
I turned if off midway through the 2nd, Reilly's passes looked crisp to that point, am I correct from the final score that he struggled the rest of the game?

I'd say he/they struggled in the red zone, but they were able to move the ball downfield quite well. Reilly's arm looked solid to me till the end.

OV Argo
08-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Bovine is still a good QB IMO; he''s just not as great as some think (including those who always bring up the Stamps won/loss record); he's working with some new or younger receivers, and behind a re-built O-line; and he still misfires too often (IMO) on deeper passes.

The Stamps will probably end up with a winning record again (although 0 & 2 start) and be a solid team; they just have lots of new players to work in, but Huff & Dickenson seem to find a way ; maybe this was the year to call for their downfall - I tried that the past couple of seasons and was wrong.

OV Argo
08-14-2021, 02:50 PM
This game featured Canadian QBs at #2 on the depth chart for both teams; when was the last time that happened in the CFL ?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8