PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Game Thread Montreal Alouettes at Edmonton Elks - Saturday, August 14, 2021

Will
08-08-2021, 08:21 PM
Our first look at the 2021 Montreal Alouettes.

Can Edmonton finish a drive?

AngeloV
08-08-2021, 08:24 PM
Huge edge to Montreal as they now have film on Edmonton, and Edmonton does not on them. I like the Als, despite the fact I picked the Elks to win the west.

ArgoGabe22
08-11-2021, 10:55 AM
As much I liked his engagement, am I ever glad that we don't have to deal with JWJ anymore. In the lead up to this game, all I am hearing is his uniform. Sounds like he's more interested in talking about himself than winning as a team.

paulwoods13
08-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Sounds like he's more interested in talking about himself than winning as a team.

That's kinda how he was here in 2018 and '19, IIRC. Good player, but too focused on things other than playing.

AngeloV
08-11-2021, 02:36 PM
As much I liked his engagement, am I ever glad that we don't have to deal with JWJ anymore. In the lead up to this game, all I am hearing is his uniform. Sounds like he's more interested in talking about himself than winning as a team.

That's kinda how he was here in 2018 and '19, IIRC. Good player, but too focused on things other than playing.

I tweeted about this last week. First it was Makana Henry of the Riders and then Wilder. It looks unprofessional. It's not 80's college football.
Now, in Wilder's defense about talking about it, He was answering questions from the media. It's not like he took it upon himself to just go out and talk about it. He sure looked like a beast on Saturday night. I think the Argos really had no clue how to use him his last 2 years here, and his rushing stats were hurt by the amount of times he was hit just as he took the hand off. Unimaginative play calls, and bad blocking. Rough combination.

The refs should have penalized these players for the violation and not issued warnings, and this would have been dead then and there.

ArgofanIan
08-14-2021, 08:45 PM
Als look good so far... the east looks like is going to be interesting.

jerrym
08-14-2021, 11:57 PM
Als look good so far... the east looks like is going to be interesting.

Als improved greatly in 2019 and seem to be headed further up in the standings with some their new talent.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8