PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Game Threads

Will
08-27-2021, 01:49 PM
On tap this week we have the winless Tiger-Cats visiting the Alouettes in Montreal later today.

BC meets Ottawa in the Redblack home opener.

The Stampeders travel to Winnipeg to play the Bombers.

AngeloV
08-27-2021, 02:16 PM
Going with all 3 home teams this week.
Als to hit Dane Evans a lot this week.
RB's in a mild upset. Having said that, if Nichols still can't throw to a pro level, they need to get him out and go with Davis. He had a rough year in 2019, but so did the whole team. I think he is a better option than what we've seen from Nichols at this point.
Winnipeg to win big

Argo57
08-27-2021, 05:07 PM
Go Als!

Argo57
08-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Montreal needs to wake up.

OV Argo
08-27-2021, 11:01 PM
Als have fallen a few pegs in my power-rankings.

Adams is struggling with accuracy & reads; their O-line can't run block; and their D is pretty ordinary.

Love to see them vs. the Argos - i think we'll kick their @$$es.

Good rebound game for the Ticats; still think their O-Line has some real holes though.

argolio
08-28-2021, 03:51 PM
Vernon Adams is a great playmaker but not the greatest passer. He missed too many easier-type throws in this game. Ticats deserve some credit for that by stopping the run, which made the Als one-dimensional.

ArgofanIan
08-28-2021, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear Marshall Ferguson doing the Ottawa game. Nice to hear him again.

OV Argo
08-28-2021, 09:49 PM
Glad to hear Marshall Ferguson doing the Ottawa game. Nice to hear him again.

He did a great job IMO

AngeloV
08-28-2021, 09:55 PM
I've been going nuts on twitter about this, but I'll say it here too. Matt Nichols is damaged goods. To lie to yourself and keep him in there is a disservice to the rest of the team. Ottawas's D has been good enough to be 3-0. If my memory serves me correctly, Ottawa has had 1 20 yard + offensive play this season. They will not win another game if they don't make a QB change.

Argo57
08-28-2021, 10:03 PM
I've been going nuts on twitter about this, but I'll say it here too. Matt Nichols is damaged goods. To lie to yourself and keep him in there is a disservice to the rest of the team. Ottawas's D has been good enough to be 3-0. If my memory serves me correctly, Ottawa has had 1 20 yard + offensive play this season. They will not win another game if they don't make a QB change.

I tuned in for the last quarter, did Nichols throw a spiral during this game?
Absolutely no zip on his passes.
Arbuckle in double blue looks better by the minute!

Argo57
08-28-2021, 10:35 PM
Always listened to Marshall Ferguson’s morning show (Marsh & Melo) on TSN1150, he provided excellent CFL content year round in the southern Ontario market unlike 1050 Toronto.
Good guy with a young family who lost his job abruptly when the station was shut down, I’m rooting for him and thought he did a great job!

AngeloV
08-29-2021, 08:16 AM
Always listened to Marshall Ferguson’s morning show (Marsh & Melo) on TSN1150, he provided excellent CFL content year round in the southern Ontario market unlike 1050 Toronto.
Good guy with a young family who lost his job abruptly when the station was shut down, I’m rooting for him and thought he did a great job!

Well said. I too am pulling for him, and nice to see TSN developing younger PBP guys for the CFL.

Will
08-29-2021, 10:15 AM
The REDBLACKS have scored 38 points in 3 games, which extrapolated over an 18-game season will result in them scoring less points than the 1988 Ottawa Rough Riders, which is considered to be the worst team in Ottawa CFL history (if not the entire league).

Argo57
08-29-2021, 10:28 AM
The REDBLACKS have scored 38 points in 3 games, which extrapolated over an 18-game season will result in them scoring less points than the 1988 Ottawa Rough Riders, which is considered to be the worst team in Ottawa CFL history (if not the entire league).

Matt Nichols has very limited mobility and a little arm strength, Ottawa’s O futility will continue if they keep playing him.

AngeloV
08-29-2021, 01:44 PM

Add to that that their offence and defence have each scored 1 TD this year, so their offence is even worse than the putrid points scored would indicate.

Below Quote from Matt Nichols.

“All of us need to be better, get back to work, and I think we’re still taking steps in the right direction. This was a step up from last week and that’s what you want, but obviously felt like we had some good opportunities. We were marching the ball and just not finishing off drives — not good enough,”

He's delusional. By my calculations, they were in the red zone once the entire game. If he considers that marching the ball, this team has HUGE problems.

Argo57
08-29-2021, 03:30 PM
Add to that that their offence and defence have each scored 1 TD this year, so their offence is even worse than the putrid points scored would indicate.

Below Quote from Matt Nichols.

He's delusional. By my calculations, they were in the red zone once the entire game. If he considers that marching the ball, this team has HUGE problems.

Typical rationalization from a guy trying to save his job.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8