PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Discussion Thread

Will
09-16-2021, 12:19 PM
17-Sep-2021: Stampeders @ Tiger-Cats: David Watford to start for the Tigre-Chats.

18-Sep-2021: Lions @ Alouettes: may be highest scoring game of season so far?

18-Sep-2021: Blue Bombers @ Elks: Elks haven't won at Commonwealth yet in 2021.

OV Argo
09-17-2021, 04:19 PM
Stamps - should take advantage of Ticats having to start a new QB

Als - might be a fairly high scoring shoot-out ?

Bummers - low scoring game with Trevor Harris out

AngeloV
09-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Stamps - should take advantage of Ticats having to start a new QB

Als - might be a fairly high scoring shoot-out ?

Bummers - low scoring game with Trevor Harris out

I picked the same as you.

AngeloV
09-17-2021, 08:29 PM
Stamps/Cats…One of the worst half’s of football I have ever watched.

OV Argo
09-18-2021, 12:46 PM
Stamps/Cats…One of the worst half’s of football I have ever watched.

Yeah - pretty brutal; at least the Ticats game planned some stuff to help the young QB - all kinds of receiver sweep run plays and he didn't take many chances throwing the ball downfield.

Bovine looks washed-up and useless this season; might be better to roll with that kid Maier

AngeloV
09-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Bovine looks washed-up and useless this season; might be better to roll with that kid Maier

I refuse to write of a QB that has had the success they have over 4 so so to bad outings. BLM's receivers suck, and their o-line is the worst it's been in years. Possibly the 2nd worst receiving corps in the league. How Ambles is still on the team baffles me. The Canadian kids can catch (or let it go off their chests for a pick 6) but there isn't any explosiveness in that group. If Jordan is out for any length of time, the are in trouble. The only reason I would ever consider moving on from him would be his crazy salary, thanks in no small part to the Argos.

OV Argo
09-18-2021, 01:58 PM
I refuse to write of a QB that has had the success they have over 4 so so to bad outings. BLM's receivers suck, and their o-line is the worst it's been in years. Possibly the 2nd worst receiving corps in the league. How Ambles is still on the team baffles me. The Canadian kids can catch (or let it go off their chests for a pick 6) but there isn't any explosiveness in that group. If Jordan is out for any length of time, the are in trouble. The only reason I would ever consider moving on from him would be his crazy salary, thanks in no small part to the Argos.

I didn't say Bovine is a write-off now; though his arm may be shot; he has been an outstanding QB in the league; maybe he still has it or could really help another team (like Ottawa); but could also be he is basically done - like Nichols in Ottawa seems to be.

At least the Stumps didn't target that stiff Ambles as a receiver this game (compared to last game where they threw to him 17 times for all of 5 catches = maybe an all-time pro football one game futility record ?); but Ambles did manage to fumble a punt away to the Ticats. That young receiver Haknavanhu (sp?) out of York did make that one big play on a deep ball, plus caught some other passes, but feel bad for him for the ball that bounced off him for a Ticat pick 6 - his fault totally though. He or Sindani can get deep IMO; and that is a real problem around the league IMO with most CFL teams often afraid to go deep; you don't need to be a 4.4 burner to get deep as a receiver - Daniels and Rogers are certainly not burner types for the Argos now. What you need there is an OC with some guts and a QB who can throw accurate strikes deep (and this has always been a weakness with Bovine IMO; and probably is with MBT and Arbuckle (well off-target on several deeper throws last night)

ArgoZ
09-18-2021, 02:29 PM
I didn't say Bovine is a write-off now; though his arm may be shot; he has been an outstanding QB in the league; maybe he still has it or could really help another team (like Ottawa); but could also be he is basically done - like Nichols in Ottawa seems to be.

At least the Stumps didn't target that stiff Ambles as a receiver this game (compared to last game where they threw to him 17 times for all of 5 catches = maybe an all-time pro football one game futility record ?); but Ambles did manage to fumble a punt away to the Ticats. That young receiver Haknavanhu (sp?) out of York did make that one big play on a deep ball, plus caught some other passes, but feel bad for him for the ball that bounced off him for a Ticat pick 6 - his fault totally though. He or Sindani can get deep IMO; and that is a real problem around the league IMO with most CFL teams often afraid to go deep; you don't need to be a 4.4 burner to get deep as a receiver - Daniels and Rogers are certainly not burner types for the Argos now. What you need there is an OC with some guts and a QB who can throw accurate strikes deep (and this has always been a weakness with Bovine IMO; and probably is with MBT and Arbuckle (well off-target on several deeper throws last night)

I’ve seen Bo make the post corner and other difficult field side throws. Then again, who can make the consistent deep strikes your requiring? Maybe no one in the CFL. We get desensitized to how rare that kind of accuracy and timing is when we watch Tom Brady for example. QB’s like that are obviously not common. Props to Ricky Ray, who I forget how great he was at dropping the ball in there.

OV Argo
09-18-2021, 09:26 PM
Vernon Adams under 50% completions tonight; Eugene Lewis is turning into an Ambles for the Stamps - drops wayyyy too many passes, but at least he makes some big plays or tough catches and can get deep, but they need to distribute the ball to other receivers instead of over-favoring a butterfingers receiver; Stanback's power running keeping the Als in the game. Reilly is accurate with his passing, that makes a big difference.

Als continue to fall notches in my books; ordinary D and inconsistent offence; i thought Adams would progress to better, but his passing arm and decision making are not there a lot of the time.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8