PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

ArgoGabe22
05-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Well, it's reassuring to know that the pro TFC stance of this site's management hasn't changed (in all it's guises). Closing threads, editing posts and bannings to follow?

Yes, that's exactly it. Someone has finally figured out. We all bleed red and love TFC just a little more.

ArgoZ
05-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Well, it's reassuring to know that the pro TFC stance of this site's management hasn't changed (in all it's guises). Closing threads, editing posts and bannings to follow?

Your complaining about being pro TFC in the TFC thread? That is what this thread is for, to talk everything TFC, not soley the misplaced hatred or negative feelings some Argos fans have towards the franchise.

Argo57
05-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tips guys - they helped.

It was an exciting game, won (deservedly) by the Timbers 2-1. All of the goals were nice, and there were plenty of chances; it really should have been 3-2. The atmo at Providence Park was terrific, as Qman predicted. If that was a typical game I may go back and see some more.

I got a good look at Giovinco, who was pretty busy. I can see why people like him - he has quick, quick feet and creates space for other players. On the other hand I didn't like the way he (obviously) hung his head when a teammate made a poor pass to him - save that stuff for your *own* mistakes, buddy.

Fun stuff!

Ok, you've done it now Wobbler, turn in your Argofan badge, don't you know your not allowed to enjoy MLS and the CFL.

Wobbler
05-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Ok, you've done it now Wobbler, turn in your Argofan badge, don't you know your not allowed to enjoy MLS and the CFL.
Heh heh. Although I'm a big World Cup fan it's unlikely that I'll really get into MLS. It was nice to be reminded of how fun live soccer can be, though.

rdavies
05-07-2016, 07:06 PM
It's established, your bias for TFC, others aside from me have posted it and you continue to deny it. Fine. but I find it funny that you are able to say pretty much what you want but others have posts edited or closed for expressing their viewpoint (going back to your time in charge). You're the one using the conspiracy word not me. Very similar behavior to RPB, being afraid of a little opposite view. Is that a conspiracy to you or coincidence? That's not the word I would use, BS is more like it.

I don't really want to continue this here being that it is TFC's big day. How's aboot reopening the thread?

LLB997
05-08-2016, 12:43 AM
drove by the stadium tonight on the gardiner...i thought the game was sold out? Was surprised to see so many empty seats in the upper east grandstand, especially in the corners.

shayman
05-08-2016, 11:35 AM
I went to the game last night, mostly just to scout out the stadium, see where people congregated, where the band would be sitting, what traffic was like and mostly to determine if the roof over the south end would actually protect people from the rain (answer: mostly. So long as the rain is coming straight down. Although if you're sitting in the first row or two, you might pack a poncho just in case.)

Watched from section 222. Although I'm really not interested in soccer at all and doubt I ever will be, the atmosphere in a full house there was pretty great. (Most) TFC fans show a level of enthusiasm that I think we can all admire.

Can't wait for June,
Steve

T-Bone
05-09-2016, 01:40 AM
drove by the stadium tonight on the gardiner...i thought the game was sold out? Was surprised to see so many empty seats in the upper east grandstand, especially in the corners.
Was it halftime?

http://youtu.be/ByaizI-2Zzg

PullTogether73
05-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Seriously.
Looks like a full house to me.

How slowly were you driving on the Gardiner to gauge the attendance?

rdavies
05-09-2016, 12:49 PM
I'd say the me..me..me mentality of a certain age group who have been brought up to get what they want at all times is the root problem with many TFC fans. The thing is when they bitch and complain and crap all over the rich history of The Argonauts is where the line in drawn. If they kept their comments to themselves there would be no issues. Do they really think that football fans in any way shape or form are going to listen and take their CRAP without standing up! FUG NO!!! The part that I don't understand is what are they afraid of?

Do they think that the Argos will go back to the 70s levels of popularity and push them out of their home? Even though I wish the Argos would get a big profile again even I don't think that could happen.

One thing about those RPB people is how quiet they got when the BMO groundskeeper started commenting publicly. They bitched about the surface without having a clue until then. It just seems they go from one irrational excuse to the next to keep the Argos (and soccer moms) outta the private tree fort.

AngeloV
05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
I've said this numerous times, so I will say it again. This is an Argos fan forum. If an Argo fan wants to dislike all things, TFC, Raptors, Blue Jays or Leafs, what's the big deal? I'm a huge Leafs fan, and they get it pretty bad here too. I get that it's an Argos first site, and though I disagree with a lot being posted against the Leafs, I let it go. Why would anyone want to bicker over the Leafs on an Argos fan site?

I think T-Bone should use the same philosophy, and stop taking what some here say about TFC fans so personally.

Wobbler
05-09-2016, 01:45 PM
If I might make a suggestion to the mods.

Instead of closing a thread when it evolved as the that one did ... just move it to the Sociable forum so the debate could continue. It did not devolve into harsh name calling or vulgarity.
You'd make a good mod, Ron. I had actually planned to do just that, but I was a bit slow on the trigger. And once a certain level of toxicity is reached, we don't really want it to continue anywhere (even in the Social forum, where the rule are a bit more loose).

ArgoGabe22
05-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Another suggestion is to just stop talking about TFC. If there's nothing to be afraid of then what is there even to discuss anymore? Everyone knows in a couple years the seats will get redone into the colour blue anyways. :p

R.J
05-09-2016, 02:30 PM
If there's nothing to be afraid of then what is there even to discuss anymore? Everyone knows in a couple years the seats will get redone into the colour blue anyways. :p

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7abB06u9bNzA8lu8/200.gif

paulwoods13
05-09-2016, 02:43 PM
I'm concerned that rdavies' response to me might have triggered the locking. It seemed to happen right after he took a shot and I replied, "Ouch." For the record I didn't think it necessary to lock the thread. I also felt I had said everything I had to say and it would have been stupid for me to continue adding to the discussion since I was advocating (in part) that we should stop taking shots at TFC fans, and the discussion had largely devolved into taking shots at TFC fans.

Also for the record, I think moderating is a hell of a challenging job and I'm grateful Wobbler and others have stepped up to do it. Generally speaking I find them pretty light-handed; if this one was a little too cautious, it's a small price to pay for a generally fairly free-ranging forum.

argonaut11xx
05-09-2016, 05:23 PM
entitled PC wimps whose feeling get hurt at the slightest provocation.

TORONTO
Make The Argonauts Great Again

Will
05-09-2016, 05:56 PM
I really didn't want to have to deal with any crap while I was in London, but please cool your jets everybody. Demanding that the thread be reopened constantly will not help accomplish that. If you have any gripes with something a moderator has done then PM me instead of taking it to an open forum. It helps nobody!

rdavies
05-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Demanding that the thread be reopened constantly will not help accomplish that. If you have any gripes with something a moderator has done then PM me instead of taking it to an open forum. It helps nobody!I'd like to think I have enough self awareness to know people are tired of me posting about this but we have to get some things in the clear. If we don't demand a thread be reopened how are we going to get any action.

That's been the problem with the Argos and CFL, letting people keep kicking it while they're down, I'm sorry but I ain't down with that poop, I fight back. And I don't like the idea of going behind someone's back to rat them out with a PM, I'd rather do it in the open to their face, mano a mano. Going behind someone's back isn't my idea of civility.

I think I've exhausted the subject and we've basically reopened the thread here and unless anyone has anything else to say, I think I'm done...maybe (sound of loud applause)

Ron
05-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Well I personally thought the high point in that thread was when rdavies called me egotistical for making an egotistical post about egos. (I was impressed) ;)

R.J
05-09-2016, 08:31 PM
I'd like to think I have enough self awareness to know people are tired of me posting about this but we have to get some things in the clear. If we don't demand a thread be reopened how are we going to get any action.

That's been the problem with the Argos and CFL, letting people keep kicking it while they're down, I'm sorry but I ain't down with that poop, I fight back. And I don't like the idea of going behind someone's back to rat them out with a PM, I'd rather do it in the open to their face, mano a mano. Going behind someone's back isn't my idea of civility.

I think I've exhausted the subject and we've basically reopened the thread here and unless anyone has anything else to say, I think I'm done...maybe (sound of loud applause)
rdavies, while I'm pretty much agree with everything you've written on the TFC hot topic and as someone who very visibly had their own issues with a poster/s and TFC. I think the best course of action is to let it go............. trust me it gets you nowhere to continue like this.

Should the thread have been closed ? I don't think so, but it's happened and IMO this situation hasn't gotten better. As Don Argo (argofan87) stated - if there are issues; pming the owner or one of the mods is the best way to go about it. Believe me I understand where you're coming from about not ratting and going behind people's backs etc - I feel the same way, but at the same time the mods have a difficult enough job as is and IMO this infighting isn't good for the site. Imagine some new potential fan comes on here and see's the vitriol between certain posters and against the soccer team - it wouldn't look too good. I completely agree that as Argonaut fans we need to stop sitting and taking it in the teeth - we should become more visibly passionate and more engaged, but we don't need to turn into the redpatch boys to do it IMO.

Just my thoughts on the matter and I hope we can still be friends. :hug:

rdavies
05-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Just my thoughts on the matter and I hope we can still be friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVTOxELjfU

Had to laugh, know the song, never saw the video. The black guy and the KKK guy slapping hands made me laugh.

AngeloV
05-09-2016, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVTOxELjfU

Didn't Ravi post this in another thread? I think that's copyright infringement.

:D

R.J
05-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Didn't Ravi post this in another thread? I think that's copyright infringement.

:D
HEY! I posted it too - where's my acknowledgement ? lol
http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4084-Argos-CFL-have-nothing-to-fear-from-TFC-MLS&p=83930&viewfull=1#post83930

rdavies
05-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Imagine some new potential fan comes on here and see's the vitriol between certain posters and against the soccer team - it wouldn't look too good. I completely agree that as Argonaut fans we need to stop sitting and taking it in the teeth - we should become more visibly passionate and more engagedThat bolded part is something that motivates me to post some of the things I do. There seems to be such a lack of knowledge, self loathing and the old Canadian inferiority complex still out there that I am like a rabid dog to correct myths and old wives tales regarding Canadian sport.

I honestly don't think people know how good it is and how competitive we are in sport now and it pees me off when people post incorrect generalizations.

rdavies
05-09-2016, 08:56 PM
HEY!
http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4084-Argos-CFL-have-nothing-to-fear-from-TFC-MLS&p=83930&viewfull=1#post83930Was it here I got the idea, guilty of plagiarism, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and go directly to jail.

AngeloV
05-09-2016, 09:03 PM
HEY! I posted it too - where's my acknowledgement ? lol
http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?4084-Argos-CFL-have-nothing-to-fear-from-TFC-MLS&p=83930&viewfull=1#post83930

You get too much credit as is.

;)

R.J
05-09-2016, 09:09 PM
That bolded part is something that motivates me to post some of the things I do. There seems to be such a lack of knowledge, self loathing and the old Canadian inferiority complex still out there that I am like a rabid dog to correct myths and old wives tales regarding Canadian sport.

I honestly don't think people know how good it is and how competitive we are in sport now and it pees me off when people post incorrect generalizations.
I agree. It's a big reason why I post as often as I do. We need more conversations - we need more newand old fans to become engaged.

Was it here I got the idea, guilty of plagiarism, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and go directly to jail.
Can you even plagiarize on the internet ??? :D

You get too much credit as is.

;)
Now now, I've only had one thread named after me................. no need to get jealous. Re: "Snowrogue get his wish" lol

argonaut11xx
05-10-2016, 08:09 AM
It's pretty funny that the only person that takes your side lives thousands of miles away from here.

Hi Ang,

I suspect your referring to me?? I sure do defend T-bones right to his opinions, always. As i would do the same for you or anyone else. What the geography has to do with it im not sure i understand. That said i only agree with about 20% of T-Bones opinions, but he still has as much right to his thinkings, as do you.

BTW, im not "thousands of miles away" im in Port Perry for a while, sadly.

As for the TFC v Argo's battle, and the thread closing etc. IMO as time passes the Argo's will make a resurgence, and again become relative in the Toronto sports market. The idea of closing that thread stunk of "Big Brother". IMO wobbler overreaches far to often, and isnt able to listen to counter points without using his power of edit/delete.

AngeloV
05-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Hi Ang,

I suspect your referring to me?? I sure do defend T-bones right to his opinions, always. As i would do the same for you or anyone else. What the geography has to do with it im not sure i understand. That said i only agree with about 20% of T-Bones opinions, but he still has as much right to his thinkings, as do you.

BTW, im not "thousands of miles away" im in Port Perry for a while, sadly.

As for the TFC v Argo's battle, and the thread closing etc. IMO as time passes the Argo's will make a resurgence, and again become relative in the Toronto sports market. The idea of closing that thread stunk of "Big Brother". IMO wobbler overreaches far to often, and isnt able to listen to counter points with using his power of edit/delete.

Actually, I wasn't referring to you, although I didn't know you were back in Ontario. I'd welcome you back, but it doesn't seem like you are happy to be back.

1argoholic
05-10-2016, 09:45 AM
This is some real fun shite to read here. I LOVE it.

I remember that argonautxx11 parents lived in Port Perry and that his dad wasn't well in the winter. Hope he's ok.

argonaut11xx
05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
This is some real fun shite to read here. I LOVE it.

I remember that argonautxx11 parents lived in Port Perry and that his dad wasn't well in the winter. Hope he's ok.

Thats why i said sadly....otherwise being in ON is like heaven compared to BC

1argoholic
05-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Crack open the list, crack it wide open in Multi Quote format. hahaha!!! Wait a deep thought came to me and it's Rainman.

argonaut11xx
05-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Just my gut feeling, but in 2-3 years the Argo's will look in their rear view mirror, and TFC will be nothing but a speck.

jerrym
05-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Add banning to the list, rdavies was banned, guess he didn't pay his protection money.

Despite all the noise above, welcome on board the good ship Argo. Occasionally we spring a leak.

R.J
05-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Wow this thread really has gone off the deep end. I agree with double dare - this thread needs to be cleaned up big time.

Will
05-10-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm trying to enjoy the British Museum, and this thread has devolved into the discussion of 3-year olds. Stop lobbing abuse onto the moderator and leave this thread for TFC bashing instead. Please because my vacation is getting really annoying with this bullshit.

Double Dare
05-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Despite all the noise above, welcome on board the good ship Argo. Occasionally we spring a leak. Ya, ArgoLeaks ... where's Julian Assange when you need him? Post the list! Ha, ha.
I was banned for a period also, but got paroled.

paulwoods13
05-10-2016, 01:05 PM
I don't know what's worse -- Riderfans where 600 people constantly echo each others' undying love for Chris Jones, or argofans where 20 people constantly snipe at each other.

AngeloV
05-10-2016, 01:07 PM
I don't know what's worse -- Riderfans where 600 people constantly echo each others' undying love for Chris Jones, or argofans where 20 people constantly snipe at each other.

Definitely Riderfans. Some here have even commented on how entertaining this is.

PullTogether73
05-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Great.
I left "CFL Forum" because I felt there were too many idiots posting there (most of them Ti-cat fans btw), and came here expecting more unity because this was a specific Argos forum.
And now this.

I guess RPBs win.
They've got Argo fans fighting with each other.

SMH.

R.J
05-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Great.
I left "CFL Forum" because I felt there were too many idiots posting there (most of them Ti-cat fans btw)
Ha! I stopped posting there as well for the same reason.

jerrym
05-10-2016, 03:21 PM
This used to be the most amiable site around. Let's get back to that.

Will
05-10-2016, 04:39 PM
This used to be the most amiable site around. Let's get back to that.

Do what jerry says.

AngeloV
05-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Do what jerry says.

OK. This is my last post in the TFC thread.

ArgoRavi
05-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Ha! I stopped posting there as well for the same reason.

I found that CFL forum far too negative for my liking. I haven't visited there in months and now have forgotten my password.

1argoholic
05-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Hey I survived my month long ban and came out the other end stronger. haha. It was dark days indeed.

T-Bone
06-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Left meets right. Great time hanging out with argonaut11xx (http://www.argofans.com/member.php?90-argonaut11xx).

argonaut11xx
06-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Left meets right. Great time hanging out with argonaut11xx (http://www.argofans.com/member.php?90-argonaut11xx).

Who'd have thunk it...i went to a soccer game..haha.

LOVE BMO, and am VERY excited to see it on June 11th , set up for football.

Had a fun nite, and took some razzing from the sea of red because of my choice of hoodie, but it was all in fun.

PullTogether73
06-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Who'd have thunk it...i went to a soccer game..haha.

LOVE BMO, and am VERY excited to see it on June 11th , set up for football.

Had a fun nite, and took some razzing from the sea of red because of my choice of hoodie, but it was all in fun.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't the two of you in the south end with the supporters' groups in that photo?
You are a braver man than I am sir! I might wear Argos gear to a TFC game, but in the regular seating areas only - not the supporters' groups area. They're rabid fanatics imo.

Btw, in which supporter' group section were you in that photo?

ArgoGabe22
06-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Hope you haven't upset the soccer gods. Who knows what happens when two worlds collide. Not sure how your experience was with the fans responding to your shirt but I bet most TFC don't care about the Argos moving in or have already accepted it and moved on.

argonaut11xx
06-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Not an issue with any of the TFC fans, most were actually very nice.

Got a better reception while wearing my Argo garb from the TFC fans than i have ever received at Ivor Wynne or THF

7dj83r8f78t4alf8