PDA

View Full Version : Luiji Vilain

Wobbler
12-28-2021, 10:00 PM
LV, a DE drafted by the Argos in the third round this year, is the last man standing among Argo prospects. (I'm not counting Benjamin St. Juste)

Vilain seems to have had a good year for 20th-ranked Wake Forest; he led his team in sacks, anyway. If anyone else is interested in getting a look at him, I suggest watching the Gator Bowl on Friday.

OV Argo
12-29-2021, 09:08 PM
LV, a DE drafted by the Argos in the third round this year, is the last man standing among Argo prospects. (I'm not counting Benjamin St. Juste)

Vilain seems to have had a good year for 20th-ranked Wake Forest; he led his team in sacks, anyway. If anyone else is interested in getting a look at him, I suggest watching the Gator Bowl on Friday.

You maybe forgot about that huge OT Sage Doxtator - starter in Div I ball; be nice to sign him & Vilain.

Wobbler
12-30-2021, 01:18 AM
Doxtator's season has been over for a while; New Mexico State went 2-10 this year.

OV Argo
12-30-2021, 09:51 AM
Doxtator's season has been over for a while; New Mexico State went 2-10 this year.

OK; i thought you meant still un-signed draft picks; but you meant still able to see play guys.

primetime31
12-30-2021, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, we won't be able to see Vilain really test himself in this game as he would have normally. Rutgers, a team with a losing record, is replacing Texas A&M in this game because of COVID issues. Rutgers has one of the lower ranked offenses in US college football.

Wobbler
01-01-2022, 11:33 AM
For the record I wasn't able to watch the game. Vilain doesn't appear to have recorded any stats.

OV Argo
01-01-2022, 01:34 PM
For the record I wasn't able to watch the game. Vilain doesn't appear to have recorded any stats.

Only caught a bit of the late 4th quarter, when Wake F had a big lead; saw Vilain at DE - looked like some pretty decent pass rush skills.

Him signed to combine with Robbie Smith could mean a National DE starter spot

primetime31
01-03-2022, 06:07 PM
As it turned out, I watched most of the game with a keen eye on Vilain. He didn't record any stats but it wasn't for a lack of trying. I noticed that on virtually every play, Rutgers ran or passed to the opposite side. Keep in mind that Vilain constantly flip-flopped from left to right throughout the game. This makes it obvious that they were scheming against him given that he was Forest's top sacker.

Wobbler
01-03-2022, 07:45 PM
Some sites list him as a "weak side DE", so WF may actually have been lining him up on the weak side deliberately.

OV Argo
01-03-2022, 10:37 PM
Report on 3Down today that Vilain has declared for the next NFL draft; might not be a top DE prospect, but maybe a late round pick or a FA signing after the draft? IF he does rate an NFL shot, could be one of those guys that bounces around down there and never shows up in the CFL ?

Argos should have an inkling there come CFL draft time, and if he looks like a no-show, can go back to the drawing board and look at a pretty deep (IMO) DE draft crop.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8