PDA

View Full Version : Huge KICK in my nuts about Grey Cup. I'm so bumbed!!!

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 12:48 AM
At Grey Cup in Vancouver they had machines to pre order with an e-mail address and $50 depsit per tic. My wife did it and I kept asking if she'd heard anything. She just checked a hotmail account that she never uses. For some reason when doing the transaction it wouldn't accept her normal e-mail address. There was a message from when she was away in Calgary on a holiday. We had tp pay by June 1st and we've lost $200 in deposit money. Well this year has turned out to be a cluster F for me. My work has blown because of rehabing this and that. Happy F'ing 50th on Oct 30th. I'm trying to hold it together because my wife is ready to jump off a bridge she's so upset at herself. I mentioned to my mom today that I felt something crap was going to happen. I officially don't give a crap if I go to Toronto now. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 12:48 AM
At Grey Cup in Vancouver they had machines to pre order with an e-mail address and $50 depsit per tic. My wife did it and I kept asking if she'd heard anything. She just checked a hotmail account that she never uses. For some reason when doing the transaction it wouldn't accept her normal e-mail address. There was a message from when she was away in Calgary on a holiday. We had tp pay by June 1st and we've lost $200 in deposit money. Well this year has turned out to be a cluster F for me. My work has blown because of rehabing this and that. Happy F'ing 50th on Oct 30th. I'm trying to hold it together because my wife is ready to jump off a bridge she's so upset at herself. I mentioned to my mom today that I felt something crap was going to happen. I officially don't give a crap if I go to Toronto now. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I screwed up bummed and then ended up posting both but head heads a F ING mess reight now.

LLB997
06-27-2012, 01:02 AM
wow, that sucks, sorry man. I was concerned about the same thing. I do believe there were some posts here from a few people about the late may ( 3 day ) purchase window. I myself received 1 email around mid may explaining the purchasing format and then on may 25 they emailed me my ordering code. I ordered 12:30 am may 28th (1/2 hour after it began) and already the best seats i could get was section 515 row 28 , they went that fast. By all means contact the Argos to see if there is something they can do even though its apparently a no refund situation. Would hope you still make it to TO for the big game, way too much going on to miss the 100th GC and true fans like yourself deserve to be there. Cheers and keep your head up.

Midnight Blue
06-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Bummer, Dude, but, like LLB997 said above, contact the Head Office. Hopefully they will work it out.

Good Luck !

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Man we are so down you can't imagine. I guess the problem started when the machines at Grey Cup would accept my wifes Shaw e-mail account so she used a hotmail account. She swears that she tried to switch to her Shaw e-mail to receive notification. I've been to Grey Cup cities and not hit the game just partied but I don't even care now I'm so down about this one. For years I've been saying my 50th than less than a month after it's Grey Cup 100. Now the ruge has been pulled out from under our feet. What a royal screwup. This feels in the same vain as when I lost my dad. SHOCK to hear Oh No..Oh No as my wife remembered that hotmail account and read it in the other room. I guess I have one on her. haha. Well they say everything happens for a reason. We had to cancel Grey Cup in Edmonton two days before because our cairn terrier ate poison that our rodent guy brought into our house by mistake. We had mice in our crawlspace he was coming to help us with. I thought all the stupid crap I did when I was younger I was all caught up with in the karma department. Tomorrow's another day. We still have a hotel room.

Midnight Blue
06-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Man we are so down you can't imagine. I guess the problem started when the machines at Grey Cup would accept my wifes Shaw e-mail account so she used a hotmail account. She swears that she tried to switch to her Shaw e-mail to receive notification. I've been to Grey Cup cities and not hit the game just partied but I don't even care now I'm so down about this one. For years I've been saying my 50th than less than a month after it's Grey Cup 100. Now the ruge has been pulled out from under our feet. What a royal screwup. This feels in the same vain as when I lost my dad. SHOCK to hear Oh No..Oh No as my wife remembered that hotmail account and read it in the other room. I guess I have one on her. haha. Well they say everything happens for a reason. We had to cancel Grey Cup in Edmonton two days before because our cairn terrier ate poison that our rodent guy brought into our house by mistake. We had mice in our crawlspace he was coming to help us with. I thought all the stupid crap I did when I was younger I was all caught up with in the karma department. Tomorrow's another day. We still have a hotel room.

1Argoholic, all I can say is, do not give up hope.

The cream of the crop (and, no, I don't just mean, me) ... read this forum. Give it some time, and allow the righteous workings of Argoland to have some time, to fix this. I have no inside information, but, I suspect, that every Argo executive who doesn't call himself a panty-waist (not that there's anything wrong with that), is on your side. Do not be surprised if you end up with seats on the Goodyear Blimpf.

Cheers !

And yes, Blimpf, is the German word for Blimpf !

Ka' Pla !

argonaut11xx
06-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Do not be surprised if you end up with seats on the Goodyear Blimpf.
And yes, Blimpf, is the German word for Blimpf !
Ka' Pla !

BLIMPF...das ist gut mein herr.....

But i did think the german word for "blimp was Zeppelin..."Graf Argonaut Zeppelin"

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Today is a GREAT day. I e-mailed friends last night telling them of our massive screwup. One buddy in TO had two extra tickets and one in Calgary had a pair. Maybe this athiest is starting to believe there's a Lord. hahaha.

Your good vibes worked very quick Midnight Blue. Let me tell you we were both feeling very blue at midnight as we couldn't sleep. My wife was choked. She wanted to go and sit on the hwy. haha. Can you tell we're both big fans. WOW I'm pumped again but my almost 50 year old heart can't handle this.

ArgoGabe22
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Keep the hotel just in case til the very end. You never know what may happen.

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
We got tickets Argogabe. Read my posting above yours. Friends had extra pairs. What a sigh of relief. I would have ended up going anyway for the bash but I'm pumped again.

jerrym
06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
1argoholic, I am glad to hear that everything worked out OK. That's what I love about this site - the way that people try to help each other out. Believe me that is not true of every website.

AngeloV
06-27-2012, 01:40 PM
That really sucks. At the risk of being told to stop living in the past, I really think that this electronic world we now live in really sucks. I can't believe that after posting a $200 deposit, someone from ticketing wouldn't have done the old fasioned thing and picked up the phone to call, and let you know the deadline is approaching. That is total B.S., and I really feel for you.

matthew
06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Same could be sead for the lack of heads up on actually purchasing the tics in the first place in march. But I digress.

1argoholic
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Well it all worked out and other than being out the $200 plus tickets we have to buy from two separate friends we're back on track. I had a horrible feeling about those machines. Not sure why it wouldn't let her use her Shaw e-mail. I wonder why two buddies ended up both buying two extra seats. I'll be in section 219 with my buddy and my wife and mom will be in 515.
Top it all off she got the e-mail sent when she was away in Calgary being very busy with my neices grad. Everything went wrong but I'm happy today.

argolio
06-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the beginning of your ticket story/situation argoholic, but good to see it ended okay.

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Man last night was horrible. Since my wife did the computer ordering part she was so messed up last night. She felt so bad. Great to have great friends come through. To top it off one buddy didn't want to chage full price for to tickets because we lost out deposit. I'm not doing that I'll pay him what he paid. Thanks.

R.J
06-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Good to hear that you'll be attending 1argoholic, really dumb that this happened to you in the first place, I had a feeling those machines and that 100 hour window was a bad idea. I've heard that some people couldn't even get tickets after the $50 deposit, due to the seats being sold. Wasn't the whole point of depositing the money so that you were guaranteed a seat ?
:ohno:

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 10:32 AM
You lose the deposit as well so they'll be raking in more money.

ticatfan
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
A friend of mine has some tickets. Not sure how many are accounted for. I can check if you like.

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
We're set and after this mess my wife contacted the Argos. They called and still have tickets. It was cheaper for us to lose the $50 deposit and stick with the tickets friends had.

ticatfan
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM
We're set and after this mess my wife contacted the Argos. They called and still have tickets. It was cheaper for us to lose the $50 deposit and stick with the tickets friends had.

Good to hear Mark. See you at GC!

Scottish_Argo
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Glad you got your tickets in the end 1argoholic :)

I see it is sold out though do the Argos still have a small batch available and is this only for season ticket holders.

I was also wondering a few weeks before the game do you reckon they will have some tickets become available due to players families and certain companies not being able to attend ?

1argoholic
07-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I think teams get a certain amount although those fall into the sold out tickets.

Scottish_Argo
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I see so technically they have them available but rather distribute them internally i see , i sent a email anyways hopefully i get something back ive asked them for just 1 ticket so lets see what they say.

Have the festival tickets gone on sale yet or are they still waiting to go on sale ?

Scottish_Argo
07-07-2012, 03:03 AM
So i sent a enquiry through there site and said they would contact me asap ....never received any reply back

Emailed the guy in charge of grey cup festivities , argonauts never got any reply back.

Im pissed off about not even getting a response from them , does anyone know if the festival tickets have been on sale or are going on sale to the general public ?

Scottish_Argo
07-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Bumpity bump , anyone know ?

, does anyone know if the festival tickets have been on sale or are going on sale to the general public ?

1argoholic
07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I believe the Argos might still have some. Perhaps a season ticket holder could get you the proper contact info.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8