PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Don Wilson and Orlondo Steinauer for their induction into the hall

Will
06-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Two former Argonauts of note were inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame this weekend.

Don Wilson played defensive halfback for the Argos from 1990-1992 and, I believe, linebacker from 1995-1996. He won two Grey Cups with the Argonauts and was a ball-hawk in the secondary in the early 1990's. He also played in Edmonton and won two Grey Cups there.

Orlondo Steinauer may coach Hamilton, but he was a huge part of the Argos great defense in the 2000's helping the team win the 2004 Grey Cup. If players go in with a logo (a la Cooperstown) then Steinauer certainly goes in as an Argonaut for his playing days.

Congratulations to them both!

AngeloV
06-19-2022, 02:20 PM
Two former Argonauts of note were inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame this weekend.

Don Wilson played defensive halfback for the Argos from 1990-1992 and, I believe, linebacker from 1995-1996. He won two Grey Cups with the Argonauts and was a ball-hawk in the secondary in the early 1990's. He also played in Edmonton and won two Grey Cups there.

Orlondo Steinauer may coach Hamilton, but he was a huge part of the Argos great defense in the 2000's helping the team win the 2004 Grey Cup. If players go in with a logo (a la Cooperstown) then Steinauer certainly goes in as an Argonaut for his playing days.

Congratulations to them both!

Very deserving choices. Having said that, and I've ranted on twitter about this, the biggest omission, IMO is Robert Drummond. How he is not in the hall yet is a joke. Just under 11,000 yards from scrimmage, 75 TD's and 4 Grey Cup rings, 3 of which he was the teams feature back. I don't get the selection committee some times.

Argo57
06-19-2022, 02:32 PM
Very deserving choices. Having said that, and I've ranted on twitter about this, the biggest omission, IMO is Robert Drummond. How he is not in the hall yet is a joke. Just under 11,000 yards from scrimmage, 75 TD's and 4 Grey Cup rings, 3 of which he was the teams feature back. I don't get the selection committee some times.

Agreed, a large bruising back with great speed who was a large part of the 96-97 World Championship teams.

paulwoods13
06-19-2022, 02:58 PM
Not arguing against Drummond, but IMO the biggest omission is D.K. Smith. He was every bit as good a receiver as David Williams, and has very comparable stats to Terry Greer and Merv Fernandez.

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2022, 03:34 PM
Not arguing against Drummond, but IMO the biggest omission is D.K. Smith.

What about Dickie Thronton? The committee hates the Argos.

AngeloV
06-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Not arguing against Drummond, but IMO the biggest omission is D.K. Smith. He was every bit as good a receiver as David Williams, and has very comparable stats to Terry Greer and Merv Fernandez.

Can’t disagree with DK.

OV Argo
06-19-2022, 10:33 PM

Yes !

jerrym
06-25-2022, 07:31 PM
Steinauer was one of my all-time favourites, not just for his playing ability, but for his football intelligence which was obvious long before he became a coach, and for being a class act as a human being.

ArgoRavi
06-25-2022, 07:53 PM
Steinauer was one of my all-time favourites, not just for his playing ability, but for his football intelligence which was obvious long before he became a coach, and for being a class act as a human being.

And the GM who brought him into the league in 1996 in Ottawa was none other than the late, great Leo Cahill. Leo still had it that year, under very difficult circumstances.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8