PDA

View Full Version : CFL Fan Code of Conduct

Argo57
07-06-2022, 08:39 AM
Should have saved the bother and simply posted “No Hamilton Tiger Cat Fans Allowed”

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/05/cflpa-unveils-new-fan-code-of-conduct-stemming-from-east-final-incident-chris-edwards-now-eligible-to-play-after-reduced-suspension/

Scooter McCray
07-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Great opportunity to reminisce about fan experiences at old CNE stadium, and Skydome.
My personal favorite at CNE in the early 80s was at an Argo-Ti Cat game. A Ti Cat fan was of course chanting "Argos Suck". To which a large number of Argo fans replied "At least we suck clean air". The Hamilton fan was so enraged by this he proceeded to try and put his fist through a metal section number sign breaking many bones in his hand. The alcohol content in his blood probably meant he didn't feel the full pain until the next morning.

Will
07-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Should have saved the bother and simply posted “No Hamilton Tiger Cat Fans Allowed”

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/05/cflpa-unveils-new-fan-code-of-conduct-stemming-from-east-final-incident-chris-edwards-now-eligible-to-play-after-reduced-suspension/

LOL, but what of your son the Ticat fan?

AngeloV
07-06-2022, 02:33 PM
My Ti-Cat fan experience was at the old Ivor Wynn. Argos were laying a beating on the Cats, and an Argo fan likely early 20’s was sitting on the bench seat in section 5 with his had to his side on the bench. An idiot Ti-Cat fan behind his saw it as an opportunity to stomp on this young man’s hand. I was in shock as the young fan just let out a yell in so much pain.

Scooter McCray
07-06-2022, 02:55 PM
My Ti-Cat fan experience was at the old Ivor Wynn. Argos were laying a beating on the Cats, and an Argo fan likely early 20’s was sitting on the bench seat in section 5 with his had to his side on the bench. An idiot Ti-Cat fan behind his saw it as an opportunity to stomp on this young man’s hand. I was in shock as the young fan just let out a yell in so much pain.

Good Times. It is a kinder, gentler league now.

Argo57
07-06-2022, 04:07 PM
LOL, but what of your son the Ticat fan?

Background check required.

Will
07-06-2022, 05:35 PM

I've always heard stories that IWS was a terrible place as an Argonauts fan up until about 2004. Bob Young bought the team and cleaned up some of the riff-raff.

THF was supposed to price out the worst of the worst, and I haven't personally had troubles there, but some have.

Argo57
07-06-2022, 05:44 PM
I've always heard stories that IWS was a terrible place as an Argonauts fan up until about 2004. Bob Young bought the team and cleaned up some of the riff-raff.

THF was supposed to price out the worst of the worst, and I haven't personally had troubles there, but some have.

My guess is it depends how much alcohol is involved.

Scooter McCray
07-06-2022, 07:19 PM
That's why the crowds are smaller today. There's less assault taking place. Let's do our part to bring the fans back. It's time to take the TiCat fans to school.

Foxhound
07-22-2022, 05:04 PM
My guess is it depends how much alcohol is involved.

The problem isn't which team a fan supports; the problem is how wholeheartedly the "fan" supports the brewing industry.

:sick:

7dj83r8f78t4alf8