View Full Version : Chad Owens Jr. continues the legacy at UH

ArgoGabe22
07-26-2022, 10:24 PM
Kinda neat to see. https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/football/roster/chad--owens-jr-/20098

Played all his HS ball in Canada. Graduated in Hawaii but did not play (Covid). Looked like he went to camp as a QB but will play WR. Not sure where he actually ranks on the team depth chart. Not sure what happens in the future but he should be a Canadian for draft purposes (if he gets that far).

Also interestingly, Timmy Chang is the coach.

AngeloV
07-27-2022, 12:16 AM
Very cool. Good find Gabe.

Argo57
07-27-2022, 07:38 AM
My son played against him 10 years ago in BMFA (Burlington), my son played O-Line and Chad Jr was rushing the QB.
Eric’s only comment about him was “boy is that guy fast” LOL.
Good luck to him, hope he does well.

Will
07-27-2022, 07:31 PM
Chad Owens' son is in university. I feel old now.

ArgoGabe22
07-27-2022, 09:21 PM
I’m curious if they never moved back (sounds like they couldn’t get a new Visa to stay) would he have gotten CIS offers to play QB and would he have taken that opportunity. He was good in HS but I’m not sure HOW good.

ArgoRavi
07-27-2022, 11:16 PM
I’m curious if they never moved back (sounds like they couldn’t get a new Visa to stay) would he have gotten CIS offers to play QB and would he have taken that opportunity. He was good in HS but I’m not sure HOW good.

I do recall that Chad Owens had a legal issue at one point but I never heard anything about it after the initial reports. I believe that they left not long after that.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8