PDA

View Full Version : The 1st CROSSOVER Grey Cup?

argonaut11xx
06-28-2012, 08:53 AM
The East is pretty strong this year, and Edmonton, and Saskatchewan are looking pretty crappy...WHAT if...there is a crossover, and all 4 eastern teams make the playoff's?

That could potentially mean a Argo's v Ticat's Grey Cup?.....

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
That's what Jock Clime's pick was for Grey Cup. It would be funny. He had Toronto finishing forth and heading west for the playoffs.

Mulder
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Anything is possible. Most Riderfans seem to think their team will be contending for 1st or 2nd in the east. They also put Durant with AC as one of the top QB's of all time. But I digress.

One thing that is hard in the CFL is that year over year, a team can go from first to worst. And vise-versa.

I'll wait until 3-5 games in before I call a cross-over a possibility. I even called it last year. Then look what happened with B.C.

Based on on-paper improvement and pre-season. I see my ranking as follows

East
1st Ticats
2nd Montreal
3rd Toronto
4th Winnipeg

I'd say 2nd and 3rd will be interchangeable.
West
1. B.C.
2. Calgary??
3. Edmonton??
4. Riders??

In the west, on paper the only known is B.C.
The Riders last year didn't win a single game vs their division.
Edmonton has had alot of turnover. But still could be in the hunt.
Calgary interests me, new qb starting his first season.

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Durant is so over rated it's laughable. The guy tosses tons of picks. As long as they keep him they're not winning anything. Just like Keven Glenn in Winnipeg. If he didn't have Stegal he'd have been nothing.

paulwoods13
06-28-2012, 03:03 PM
I wrote a few months ago that a Toronto-Hamilton Grey Cup was what I was hoping for. It would be unreal, and it is definitely possible. But getting to the Grey Cup via crossover would be extremely difficult. Whichever team crosses over would have to win two road games in different time zones. One or two western crossover teams have won the semifinal (B.C. in Hamilton three years ago for sure, and I think there may have been one other before them) but to do it two weeks in a row would be tough. If the Argos have to cross over this season, let's say they have to go into Commonwealth, McMahon or Mosaic for the semi, then to B.C. Place to take on the Lions in the Western Final. If it happens that way it will be unbelievably exciting, but all the same I hope it is the Ticats who have to go that route while we simply have to win the Eastern Final on home field to get to the Cup.

1argoholic
06-28-2012, 06:27 PM
One huge issue with your possible route the Argos would have to take is that they haven't won in BC since we moved here in Oct of 02. The last win in BC was the summer of 02. I'm bad luck. Luck is going to change this year on Sept 15th we're going for the first time in about three years. I hope they end up in a solid playoff spot with no crossover chances.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8