View Full Version : Where to buy an Argos car flag?

Hollaway
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
My daughter was looking for an Argonauts car flag to give me for fathers day, I helped her look all over the web, called some sports stores and no luck, anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

argomANIA
06-28-2012, 01:08 PM
They sold them at the locker room sale back in December and again at Family Day this past weekend. They're actually left over flags from last years promo with Scotiabank. Otherwise, they don't make them anymore.

Mulder
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
My best guess is to call the Argo's. I'm going to the Jays game tonight and I could check if there is any at the Rogers Centre store by chance.

Hollaway
06-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks "Mulder" but ArgomANIA helped me out, unfortunately I haven't been able to go to any game since 2 years ago due to health reasons, but yeah, the one place I thought would have them is the Argos Shop at the dome, there is some shops online that use to sell the blue Argo car flag, but they don't stock them any more.

argofandave
06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Someone on this website asked this same question about a year or 2 ago and I've been looking for an Argo car flag ever since and haven't been able to find 1. I bought 1 about 10 years ago so it has the Jason logo on it. I also bought the Argo/Scotiabank car flag at Family Day that Ania described above. But what I did do last year was to make my own Argo car flag by buying an Argo mini flag for $10 at SkyDome and a Canadian car flag for $1.25 from Dollarama. The Canadian flag comes off quite easily although the Argo mini flag is a little hard to put on but it does fit. I've tried car flags from other stores but the post is usually too thick for an Argo mini flag to fit so I definitely recommend the car flag from Dollarama.

Argoscflguy
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Has anybody out there found a car flag? I've been looking for a while now, and nothing! It's pretty crazy that you can find a flag for any other sports team in this city but not the Argos!? I had to go to the extent of making my own! Lol so if anybody sees a Argos car flag on a black car in the ajax/ pickering area it's me!!!!!!!!!

Mulder
07-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Has anybody out there found a car flag? I've been looking for a while now, and nothing! It's pretty crazy that you can find a flag for any other sports team in this city but not the Argos!? I had to go to the extent of making my own! Lol so if anybody sees a Argos car flag on a black car in the ajax/ pickering area it's me!!!!!!!!!

Got mine on fan day. Email the argos to see if they have any left!

Argoscflguy
07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks, I'm gonna do that should look better then my homemade one!!!! Lol

argofandave
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Someone else started a thread in the Classified section about Argo car flags. My homemade one doesn't look too bad.

Argoscflguy
07-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Hey everyone, I think we should all put a car flag up, and show the gta that the Argos our torontos team! I realy think if all of us were to do this, it can make a bit of noise!!!!!

Argocister
07-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Can you get these car flags easily? I heard that they were available on fan day ( which I was out of the province for.... They just wouldn't change it for me)

argofandave
07-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Check out the Argo car flag thread under "Classifieds" and make your own with a Canada car flag from Dollarama and an Argo mini flag.

Argocister
07-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Check out the Argo car flag thread under "Classifieds" and make your own with a Canada car flag from Dollarama and an Argo mini flag.
Thanx for the advice, it will be done for the n ext game
;)

Fungi
07-14-2012, 09:10 PM
We've touched on this before. All I want is to buy an official Argo car flag. No tricks. My wife buys a BC Lions flag every year. No stupid tricks. $10.00. Whoopie do. Somebody just has to make them and sell them. Same with horns. Argos have a really crappy merchandising group. Sack them all.

Argoscflguy
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
They are available at the jays/ Argos store!

argomANIA
07-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Here is my baby...can't get any more Argo then that!

Argoscflguy
07-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Here is my baby...can't get any more Argo then that!

Hey argomania looks cool in that blue colour! Did you get a blue car because your a Argos fan? Lol

argomANIA
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Hey argomania looks cool in that blue colour! Did you get a blue car because your a Argos fan? Lol

I did...only blue cars for me!

Argoscflguy
07-22-2012, 12:24 PM
We were on our way to the oakville drive inn from Ajax, when we noticed my homemade Argos car flag come apart on the 401, and was run over my thousands of cars, trucks, (hopefully not tiger cat fans)!!!!! I was so (:!@&?, pissed when I noticed this, and the first thing that crossed my mind was if (Argos ) car flags were available this embarrassing incident wouldn't have happend! Start selling -:($@?,!);:&(;: car flags!

1argoholic
07-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Get an Argo bumper sticker.

Argoscflguy
07-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Done that!!!!!!!!! Lol

argofandave
09-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I think some Ticat fan damaged my driver's side mirror on my car last night. I went to Burlington Ribfest and parked my car at the nearby YMCA. I left my Argo car flag on my car and when I came back, it looked like someone took a boot to my mirror. $200+ to replace. I'll assume the person didn't like my Argo flag.

gilthethrill
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I would never leave my Argo carflag on my car, or in view from the interior while parked anywhere near Hamilton....sorry to hear that...

I purchased a Maple Leaf carflag at Walmart (felt dirty doing it), cut it off the pole, danced on it, then slid my Mini Argo flag on said pole...works good, but the Dollarama idea sounds better.

PS You could also do the same procedure on a TFC flag, or any flag owned by MLSE....

LLB997
09-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't do car flags for the reason's stated above. Iv'e had my mirror snapped off with no flag nevermind increasing chances of it happening at the hands of a Ticat/nofunleague or tfc fan.

1argoholic
09-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I used to have 1 Argo plate on my truck and had no problems in Hamilton. Now they hang in my garage but might have to get them updated when we move back. You just never know if your car is in the wrong place and the wrong time. Here I just keep getting it hit when we're in stores. The worst is a few years back in London Drugs lot some drunk ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeAr godome drove over a ten foot wide walkway and curb and took half the front bumper off our 09 Vibe and then hit two other cars. Duncan is truely a mess!!!

argofandave
09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Canadian Tire sells Argo car flags! I was in their Milton store on Sep. 11 and noticed they had several souvenirs of both the Argos and Ticats. Besides the car flags ($16), they also had full size flags ($25), seat cushions ($10), coffee and beer mugs, bumper stickers, metal water bottles, and large plastic bottle coin banks. I believe they had some other items but I didn't see any clothing.

Mulder
09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Canadian Tire sells Argo car flags! I was in their Milton store on Sep. 11 and noticed they had several souvenirs of both the Argos and Ticats. Besides the car flags ($16), they also had full size flags ($25), seat cushions ($10), coffee and beer mugs, bumper stickers, metal water bottles, and large plastic bottle coin banks. I believe they had some other items but I didn't see any clothing.

Good news. I checked the website and there was nothing on there. But I need another one considering I lost mine on the 401 near Kingston. Totally forgot I left it on.

argomANIA
09-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Good news. I checked the website and there was nothing on there. But I need another one considering I lost mine on the 401 near Kingston. Totally forgot I left it on.

mine snapped off on the 400. Damn flags!

argofandave
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Someone asked me the other day where I bought my Argo car flags. My car with 2 Argo flags was parked at Hopedale Mall in Oakville. Someone saw me in the mall wearing my Argo jacket and asked me if that was my car with the Argo flags. I said yes and that I bought the flags at Canadian Tire in Milton in September and that most likely every one of their stores in the Toronto area sells them too. Hopefully, they'll buy some and put them on their own car as well.

Argoscflguy
11-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I was at the "Argos" shop today to pick up some grey cup CHAMP merchandise when I saw some cool looking Argo car flags!!!!!!! It's about time, picked up two of them, not a bad deal at 9.99 each, go get yours and let's all fly them proud!!

LLB997
11-26-2012, 09:14 PM
sweet, I also see street sellers were selling full size 3x5 flags which there is a real need for in the city.

Argoscflguy
11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes that's awsome, realy happy this year with all the extra merchandise i also noticed an Argos dog shirt!!!!! Way to cool.

Will
11-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I was at the "Argos" shop today to pick up some grey cup CHAMP merchandise when I saw some cool looking Argo car flags!!!!!!! It's about time, picked up two of them, not a bad deal at 9.99 each, go get yours and let's all fly them proud!!

Don't let them fall off your car again.

Argoscflguy
12-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I just can't believe driving from Ajax to Mississauga everyday, and not once have I spotted a Argos flag!!!!! Like seriously am I the only -:;@?,( Argo fan with a car flag? Then we all complain that there is not enough support!! It starts with us, if every Argos fan were to put up a car flag just imagine?? Pretty pathetic especially after we just won the 100th grey cup!! Doesn't anyone here have a car flag? Come on guys show your support and not just by watching the games..

Argoscflguy
12-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Somewhere along 401 and
Morningside lays a Argos flag may god rest it's soul!!

ArgoGabe22
12-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Somewhere along 401 and

I think you may have just answered your previous question lol

Will
12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Somewhere along 401 and

How many flags have you gone through now? As Gabe says, perhaps that answers your question.

argofandave
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I just can't believe driving from Ajax to Mississauga everyday, and not once have I spotted a Argos flag!!!!! Like seriously am I the only -:;@?,( Argo fan with a car flag? Then we all complain that there is not enough support!! It starts with us, if every Argos fan were to put up a car flag just imagine?? Pretty pathetic especially after we just won the 100th grey cup!! Doesn't anyone here have a car flag? Come on guys show your support and not just by watching the games..
I'm still flying 2 Argo car flags on my vehicle but I'll probably take them down soon and put them back up next spring.

LLB997
05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Just to update this thread. I stopped into a Dollarama yesterday and noticed they now sell a wide array of Argos flags of all types. Nice to see them selling Argos stuff. They had full size 2ftx3ft Flags, Car Flags, Hand waving Flags and those little Antenna flags all priced between $1.25 and $3.00. Picked myself up a 2ft by 3ft flag for $2.50. They seem to be made exclusively for Dollarama as the prices were printed right onto the packaging.

AngeloV
05-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Just to update this thread. I stopped into a Dollarama yesterday and noticed they now sell a wide array of Argos flags of all types. Nice to see them selling Argos stuff. They had full size 2ftx3ft Flags, Car Flags, Hand waving Flags and those little Antenna flags all priced between $1.25 and $3.00. Picked myself up a 2ft by 3ft flag for $2.50. They seem to be made exclusively for Dollarama as the prices were printed right onto the packaging.

Which Dollarama? I just went to the one on my street, and couldn't find anything.

ArgoFan1
05-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Just Googled it and found this !!!
http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/product--productId_27869213.html

Looked again... very strange.. no price. I wonder how you order it.

T-Bone
05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday from a Dollarama in the east end:

gilthethrill
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I realize I can be a pain on this forum, but could some be so kind as to pickup a couple of those carflags for me? I checked the Dollar Rama in Stratford with negative results....I would reimburse in full on Fan Day (June 22)?

T-Bone
05-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I realize I can be a pain on this forum, but could some be so kind as to pickup a couple of those carflags for me? I checked the Dollar Rama in Stratford with negative results....I would reimburse in full on Fan Day (June 22)?I'm going to check one closer to my place and if they have them I will grab one for you.

gilthethrill
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm going to check one closer to my place and if they have them I will grab one for you.

Ah big thanks to you T-Bone.....that is really nice of you, I really do appreciate it!

argofandave
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I was at the Dollarama store today (FRIDAY MAY 10) at the Oakville Town Centre and they did NOT have anything Argos.

gilthethrill
05-10-2013, 05:52 PM
For the heck of it, I will check London tomorrow, will have a family member check Bolton.

argos1873
05-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday from a Dollarama in the east end:

Do you know which east end Dollarama this came from? I want to buy a couple for my new van.

bluto
05-10-2013, 08:39 PM
makes me wish my car had an antennae.

T-Bone
05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Do you know which east end Dollarama this came from? I want to buy a couple for my new van.Apprently Coxwell and Gerrard. Here is the store locator (http://www.dollarama.com/store-locator/). If there is a closer location to you, you can try calling that store to find out if they have them.

AngeloV
05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Apprently Coxwell and Gerrard. Here is the store locator (http://www.dollarama.com/store-locator/). If there is a closer location to you, you can try calling that store to find out if they have them.

Thanks for the tip. Drove down there today and picked one up today.

For the heck of it, I will check London tomorrow, will have a family member check Bolton.

I picked one up for you as well.

gilthethrill
05-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. Drove down there today and picked one up today.

I picked one up for you as well.

Thanks AV. Once again, you out do yourself with a kind act that only cements your place on this forum, & I know all will agree, as an "Upper Echelon Member".

argofandave
05-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I checked their Milton Mall store on Saturday May 11 and they didn't have anything Argos.

tc23
05-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I checked in Hamilton, they didn't have any either:p

argofandave
05-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Nothing at the Maple Avenue store in Milton today.

amchow78
05-12-2013, 08:53 PM
I was at the Dollarama at Bloor & Bathurst the other day ... and they had a few of them available for sale!

T-Bone
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I just went to the College Park Dollarama and they have a bunch of the 3 items in the picture plus a handheld version of the car flag located in aisle 7.

LLB997
05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice to know some people have found flags but I assumed all Dollaramas were carrying them . The Dollarama I was at was the Alderwood location in the Alderwood Strip plaza (Browns Line just south of QEW/427 intersect). I assume they still have some in stock, If anyone needs one PM me and i'll be happy to pick something up for you and meet you at fan day or season opener. Lee

stuntdog
05-17-2013, 04:41 PM
They had full size 2ftx3ft Flags, Car Flags, Hand waving Flags and those little Antenna flags all priced between $1.25 and $3.00.

The Dollarama downtown at Spadina & Adelaide has all these plus full size 3x5' flags. They're located on a pillar between aisles 2 & 3 IIRC (if you see lightbulbs you've got the right aisle). Plenty of each in stock.

argofandave
05-18-2013, 11:02 AM
I checked in Hamilton, they didn't have any either:p

I drove to Hamilton on Friday and stopped at two Dollarama stores. The first one was in Waterdown near the corner of Highways 5 & 6 but they didn't have any CFL merchandise. However, I also stopped at their location on Upper James near Rymal Road and found some there. They had four different items. Three of them were Ticats flags (a small hand held flag, a 2' X 3' flag, and a 3' X 5' flag) and the other item was a Calgary Stampeders car flag. All the items had $3 price stickers on them so I bought one of each and only the Calgary car flag was actually $3. The three Ticats items all scanned at $2.50 each.

Invader
05-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Dollarama seems like to place to go for CFL merchandise. Could this be part of a new sponsorship deal replacing Rona? They've been growing by leaps and bounds recently, perhaps finding the "sweet-spot" in the Canadian retail market.

argofandave
05-24-2013, 02:25 PM
I went to three Dollarama stores in Mississauga yesterday (Thursday May 23rd) and didn't see anything CFL. I went to two on Dundas Street West (one by the Woodchester LCBO and the other at Westdale Mall) and Rockwood Mall on Dixie Road. I think there are at least 15 stores in Mississauga.

paulwoods13
05-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately, no CFL merch to be found at the Dollarama at Dorval and QEW in Oakville or the one at Appleby and New in Burlington.

argos1873
06-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Dollarama at Warden and Eglinton in the Eglinton Town Centre has lots of flags available.

argofandave
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I went to 5 more Dollarama stores in Mississauga today and none of them had any CFL items. They were Applewood Village, Dixie Outlet Mall, Heartland Town Centre, one on Erin Mills Parkway south of Derry Road and one on Dundas Street just east of Dixie Road.

argofandave
06-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I went to 2 Dollarama stores near Varsity before the game on Thursday. The first one was at College Park which is at 777 Bay St. at College. They had both Argo car flags and hand held flags (mini flag on a stick) but I didn't see anything else. I then went to 730 Yonge (at Charles) which is just south of Bloor. They had all 5 items but not all together. The 2 X 3 and 3 X 5 flags were at the end of an aisle and the car flags, hand held flags, and antenna flags in the middle of the same aisle. All items $3 or less with the antenna flag only $1. I think the closest store to SkyDome according to their website is at 96 Spadina (at Adelaide) but I've never been there but I will check it out before the game on Friday.

AngeloV
06-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I was at Dollarama at Dufferin and Orfus rd on Thursday, and they had plenty.

argofandave
06-23-2013, 09:05 PM
I checked out 3 more Dollarama stores today or at least I tried to. I was driving to Etobicoke today anyways so I looked on their website to find the locations in that area and it showed one store at the corner of Albion and Finch but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know that area and where the store is? I then drove to Woodbine Centre and their store had the antenna flag, hand held flag, and the 2 X 3 flag but not the 3 X 5 flag or the car flag. I also stopped at the store at Queen and West in Brampton and they didn't have any.

argofandave
07-14-2013, 02:00 PM
I went to the Dollarama store at the southwest corner of Spadina and Adelaide before the game on Thursday July 11th and they had all 5 different Argo flags. I think that this is the closest Dollarama store to SkyDome so this is probably the best store to go to for anybody who goes to Argo games but does not live in Toronto.

AaronInToronto
07-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Canadian Tire is now carrying them as well. The one at Eglinton East near warden has 10+ of them. They are better quality than the Dollarama ones.

1argoholic
07-15-2013, 10:21 AM
The CFL is gaining some real low end crap sponsers at this point. What's next? Dave I would have stopped at one or two Dollerama's. It's called, Screw them!

argolio
07-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Speaking of sponsors, Sobey's just bought Safeway. No word yet on how that will affect Safeway sponsoring the CFL.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8