PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Rocket

paulwoods13
08-26-2022, 12:56 PM
With thanks to the site's owners/mods for granting permission, I want to let everyone know I will be speaking about the book next Wednesday evening at the Burlington Public Library's central location.

https://attend.bpl.on.ca/event/6906880?fbclid=IwAR2LHEXCqPPEvg__6jfVtq6hiy3P2k-NszqVQmGQFswA7Nn3wn6HS1bN9Yw

There will be a chance to ask questions during the event, and I would love to meet and chat with anyone who shows up.

shayman
08-31-2022, 10:56 PM
This event was very entertaining. Thanks for it, and for writing the book, Paul! Any more Argo history book ideas percolating away?

paulwoods13
09-01-2022, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Steve, and the other fans who attended. It was a lot of fun, for me at least.

I am in fact working on another book. I'm not yet at liberty to reveal the subject matter, but if the book does get written and published, it should be of interest to many Argo and/or CFL fans. I'm also cautiously optimistic about another project related to the 1991 Argos, hope to have more to say about that in the near future.

shayman
09-01-2022, 10:48 AM
Paul said last night that in his fantasy dream world, John Candy gets his health under control, doesn't pass away while filming "Wagons East", takes over as 100% owner of the Argos and becomes the much-loved owner of a rejuvenated and perpetually successful Argonaut franchise in a strong CFL.

I have to agree. That would have been great. Damn.

Will
09-01-2022, 12:48 PM
It was a fun event! An interesting what if with Candy. My only concern is him finding investors in 1994 that would've had the same passion.

ArgoRavi
09-01-2022, 08:50 PM
Paul said last night that in his fantasy dream world, John Candy gets his health under control, doesn't pass away while filming "Wagons East", takes over as 100% owner of the Argos and becomes the much-loved owner of a rejuvenated and perpetually successful Argonaut franchise in a strong CFL.

I have to agree. That would have been great. Damn.

That would have been wonderful!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8