PDA

View Full Version : Alden Darby for Terry Poole Trade - New Information

ArgoRavi
08-29-2022, 10:26 AM
There was a lot of criticism of the Argos for the Alden Darby for Terry Poole trade a year ago after Poole was subsequently released. Poole confirmed the reason for his release on Twitter today and it's because he refused to be vaccinated. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

ArgoGabe22
08-29-2022, 02:49 PM
Was this due to the MLSE policy and not a League wide policy. Team should’ve done their due diligence if they have such a policy in place before making such trades

Scooter McCray
08-29-2022, 06:47 PM
Where's Poole now? Given that rules are now evolving could he now be welcomed back?

Argo57
08-29-2022, 06:55 PM
Where's Poole now? Given that rules are now evolving could he now be welcomed back?

I suspect once you violate one of MLSE’s policies there is no turning back.

gilthethrill
08-29-2022, 09:43 PM

Poole was a USFL All Star at OT with New Jersey. He will be under contract this season as well.

ArgoRavi
08-30-2022, 01:15 AM
I suspect once you violate one of MLSE’s policies there is no turning back.

I am not sure about that part as Josh Bell was welcomed back as defensive coordinator this season after agreeing to be vaccinated. It is moot with Poole though as he is under contract with the USFL.

ArgoRavi
08-30-2022, 01:16 AM
Was this due to the MLSE policy and not a League wide policy. Team should’ve done their due diligence if they have such a policy in place before making such trades

I am pretty sure that the policy was not in place when the trade was made.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8