PDA

View Full Version : Kurleigh Gittens Jr is one of the CFL top performers of the week

Will
09-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Congratulations to the best Canadian receiver in the CFL.

https://www.cfl.ca/top-performers-3/

AngeloV
09-13-2022, 08:06 PM
Well deserved. Should represent the east as top Canadian and has a really good shot at being a CFL all star.

paulwoods13
09-14-2022, 08:22 AM
I'm expecting Gittens will get NFL interest after this season.

Even if he doesn't, he's coming off his rookie contract and heading for free agency. I can't imagine any CFL team not being interested. Argos have a good thing going with Laurier grads, but they are going to need to pay KGJ a lot more than he's making now.

AngeloV
09-14-2022, 08:25 AM
I'm expecting Gittens will get NFL interest after this season.

Even if he doesn't, he's coming off his rookie contract and heading for free agency. I can't imagine any CFL team not being interested. Argos have a good thing going with Laurier grads, but they are going to need to pay KGJ a lot more than he's making now.

I think he will be a 200k guy. I don’t expect Rogers back next year, so you will have that cash available and Tommy Nield looks ready for the next step in his development. I also think Gittens lack of size will hinder his NFL chances. If you’re a smallish receiver down there you better be an absolute burner.

Captain Argonaut
09-14-2022, 03:16 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could re-sign KGJ19 and have him on the roster for the prime of his career?

AngeloV
09-14-2022, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could re-sign KGJ19 and have him on the roster for the prime of his career?

It should be a top priority if he doesn’t try his luck down south.

gilthethrill
09-14-2022, 09:05 PM
How does a player who scores 4 rushing TDs in a game (Calgary QB Tommy Stevens) not get named as a top performer? As a comic in all seriousness, I would be more concerned about the new 2023 Ottawa coaching staff wanting GM Sean Burke to bring KGJ back home to Ottawa than him going to the NFL.

OV Argo
09-14-2022, 09:30 PM
How does a player who scores 4 rushing TDs in a game (Calgary QB Tommy Stevens) not get named as a top performer? As a comic in all seriousness, I would be more concerned about the new 2023 Ottawa coaching staff wanting GM Sean Burke to bring KGJ back home to Ottawa than him going to the NFL.

Yeah - that would make sense for Ottawa; love to see Gittens get a shot to make the big NFL buck$ (of course rather see him stick with the Argos), but I doubt he would get more than a TC mini-camp look there, IF he has a connected agent - but still a foot in the door, and who knows; IMO - easily has the talent to play there, as do a number of top CFL receivers; but the likes of Ellingson or Burnham didn't get a real sniff, even when they were younger. Thank gawd the NFL super experts are still ignorant or dismissive of some top CFL talent - moreso than ever IMO.

ArgoRavi
09-15-2022, 12:31 AM
Gittens turns 25 in a few days, which will work against his getting a serious NFL look. The crop of receivers fresh out of college and three or four years younger are more likely to get consideration than Gittens IMO.

AngeloV
09-15-2022, 12:42 AM
Gittens turns 25 in a few days, which will work against his getting a serious NFL look. The crop of receivers fresh out of college and three or four years younger are more likely to get consideration than Gittens IMO.

But did you expect Chris Streveler who was also 25 when he went down south to stick around for now his 3rd year? I don't think 25 really works against him as much as his perceived measurables. Not big or fast enough.

ArgoGabe22
09-15-2022, 11:10 AM
He’ll get a look from the Giants, unless their Canadian front office staff isn’t there anymore?

ArgoRavi
09-16-2022, 12:27 AM
But did you expect Chris Streveler who was also 25 when he went down south to stick around for now his 3rd year? I don't think 25 really works against him as much as his perceived measurables. Not big or fast enough.

I am not even going to try to explain Chris Streveler because there is no explanation for him. A marginal CFL QB who NFL teams took to for some reason.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8