PDA

View Full Version : Oakman Fined

gilthethrill
09-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Oakman receives a fine from the league for that hit on Arbuckle in the 1st quarter of Saturdays game. Should have been a sack that forced an Ottawa punt. SMH.

Will
09-15-2022, 09:55 PM
Oakman had posted on his Instagram that the league had invited him to a hearing for his hit on...McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

OV Argo
09-15-2022, 10:20 PM
Oakman receives a fine from the league for that hit on Arbuckle in the 1st quarter of Saturdays game. Should have been a sack that forced an Ottawa punt. SMH.

I saw it live and again on the big screen stadium replay; barely grazed the top of Fatty's head, and didn't look like any intent. The desire to protect QBs has gone way over-board with over-zealous CFL zebras, IMO. As moronic as their run of ludicrous "pyramiding" calls this season. WTF ?

Argo57
09-16-2022, 07:49 AM

The call was a bad joke, the dummies in the replay booth are a bigger joke and fining Oakman is the biggest joke.
Randy has finally figured out a new revenue stream for the league, bogus fines……..Mickey Mouse!

AngeloV
09-16-2022, 02:22 PM
100% a ridiculous fine. As OV said, very little head contact and definitely not a blow to the head. Had Arbuckle not ducked, Oakman wouldn’t have even touched his cranium. Stupidity like this might point some good free agents into continuing their pro careers in the XFL.

ArgoRavi
09-16-2022, 03:17 PM
It was a ridiculous call in the Command Centre after the officials on the field correctly called it a sack with no roughing. I hope that it wasn't Foxcroft who called that one, AV. ;)

AngeloV
09-16-2022, 09:43 PM
It was a ridiculous call in the Command Centre after the officials on the field correctly called it a sack with no roughing. I hope that it wasn't Foxcroft who called that one, AV. ;)

He was in Montreal on Friday night, so my guess is he wasn’t back to do an early game in Toronto on Saturday. Having said that, the league backed up the ruling by adding the fine, so it was messed up twice.

gilthethrill
09-16-2022, 11:15 PM
He was in Montreal on Friday night, so my guess is he wasn’t back to do an early game in Toronto on Saturday. Having said that, the league backed up the ruling by adding the fine, so it was messed up twice.

The refs had it right originally by not throwing a flag but LaPo challenged it….I was shocked when it got over turned. Total joke.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8