PDA

View Full Version : S.J Green announces retirement

Will
10-21-2022, 12:43 PM
Signed a 1-day deal with the Als, which I get.

Still, he made an impact on the Argos certainly in that 2017 season where he had more than 1400 receiving yards!

All the best and thank you for a great career.

ArgoRavi
10-21-2022, 01:51 PM
Signed a 1-day deal with the Als, which I get.

Still, he made an impact on the Argos certainly in that 2017 season where he had more than 1400 receiving yards!

All the best and thank you for a great career.

This seems to be a relatively recent thing where a retired player will sign a one-day contract with the team that they felt the strongest tie to during their career (assuming they played for more than one team). It happened with Byron Parker and the Argos also.

A great trivia question would be which professional team did S.J. Green last play a game for?

ArgoGabe22
10-21-2022, 02:18 PM
This seems to be a relatively recent thing where a retired player will sign a one-day contract with the team that they felt the strongest tie to during their career (assuming they played for more than one team). It happened with Byron Parker and the Argos also.

A great trivia question would be which professional team did S.J. Green last play a game for?

Without giving the answer away, did he actually hit the field with that team?

argolio
10-21-2022, 02:38 PM
Gotta admire his dedication to the game considering how much time he spent on the practice roster early in his career. A lot of other guys would have quit.

Does a player get standard benefits if he gets injured on the day he signs a one-day contract? (Ha, I crack myself up!)

gilthethrill
10-21-2022, 02:50 PM
Without giving the answer away, did he actually hit the field with that team?

I don’t think he actually played a game for that undisclosed franchise.

gilthethrill
10-21-2022, 02:51 PM
I think Kavis Reed gave up on SJ a little bit too early. Great player, one of my all time favourites in either uniform. Except the last team he was a part of.

ArgoRavi
10-21-2022, 04:09 PM
I don’t think he actually played a game for that undisclosed franchise.

I thought he may have dressed for that a game or two at least.

AngeloV
10-21-2022, 04:09 PM
I thought he may have dressed for that a game or two at least.

Pretty sure did dress for at least 1.

ArgoRavi
10-21-2022, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure did dress for at least 1.

According to Pro Football Archives, he dressed for two games and was targeted once.

Stevoman
10-23-2022, 12:39 PM
Legendary CFL player! His style of play reminded me of Darrel K Smith.

Scooter McCray
10-24-2022, 12:24 PM
I think Kavis Reed gave up on SJ a little bit too early. Great player, one of my all time favourites in either uniform. Except the last team he was a part of.Who goes into the hall of fame first - SJ or Kavis? Discuss amongst yourselves

7dj83r8f78t4alf8