PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, October 29, 2022 - Montreal Alouettes @ Toronto Argonauts

Will
10-27-2022, 09:50 AM
The regular season finale for both teams. The game means nothing in the standings so expect what may amount to an exhibition game. It is noteworthy that Dinwiddie has pointed out that they won't be able to rest as many guys as perhaps they won't due to the salary cap. We already know that Chad Kelly will start at QB and that Ben Holmes will be his back-up QB. I believe that Henoc Muamba and Ja'Gared Davis will not play either. Aside from them, I don't think I've seen any mention of who'll play and who won't play.

"Issues"Mcgee
10-27-2022, 05:41 PM
Looking forward to see Chad Kelly start. I am also looking forward to a relaxing exhibiton game that won't cause any heart problems.

paulwoods13
10-27-2022, 05:42 PM
Stay healthy, boys.

Argo57
10-27-2022, 06:42 PM
Looking forward to see Chad Kelly start. I am also looking forward to a relaxing exhibiton game that won't cause any heart problems.

Agreed!

AngeloV
10-27-2022, 07:51 PM
I want the Argos to win this, even if it is a meaningless game. A 12-6 record just has such a nice ring to it.
Also looking forward to seeing Kelly and Adeboboye play. Hopefully Cassar plays lots in the middle and Hoyle at WILL.

Rich
10-28-2022, 01:14 AM
A 12-6 record just has such a nice ring to it.

I agree. A .667 record, two wins for every loss, is a notable milestone of success in any sport. And it will be a psychological boost for the players when they play a 14- or 15- win team in the Cup. 12 wins is somehow a lot more in the same ballpark than 11 is.

Argo57
10-28-2022, 07:46 AM
I agree. A .667 record, two wins for every loss, is a notable milestone of success in any sport. And it will be a psychological boost for the players when they play a 14- or 15- win team in the Cup. 12 wins is somehow a lot more in the same ballpark than 11 is.

I agree, 12-6 would be nice Rich.
In reality I don’t think the players really think about it once the playoff seeding is established and the playoffs begin, what they will focus on is the results from the regular season matchups against their given opponent in the Eastern Final.
We all know anything can happen in the CFL playoffs, Winnipeg have an outstanding regular season record but are no sure thing to make the Grey Cup, a healthy Nathan Rourke and the BC Lions will be no pushover.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 10:43 AM
The depth chart shows one particularly interesting switch: Hunter starting at centre. That tells me they are considering, if Cage gets through the game healthy and looks good to go for the EF, an OL of Cage-Blake-Hunter-Bladek-Allen. I don't know if Hunter is already able to make all the o-line calls (a strength of Lawrence's, I'm told) but I guess we will see.

It will be great to get a look at several guys we are hoping will develop into future regulars: Brissett, Nield, Adeboboye, Giffen, Churchill, Fayad, Knight and Cassar in particular. Albeit it will be against a lot of prospects and backups, and likely a vanilla game plan by both teams, so we should not read too much into anything we see tomorrow. I'm reminded that two years ago in our "nothing" season-ender, Maurice Simba looked dominant against a Grey Cup-bound Ticats team. So much for that.

gilthethrill
10-28-2022, 11:22 AM
The depth chart shows one particularly interesting switch: Hunter starting at centre. That tells me they are considering, if Cage gets through the game healthy and looks good to go for the EF, an OL of Cage-Blake-Hunter-Bladek-Allen. I don't know if Hunter is already able to make all the o-line calls (a strength of Lawrence's, I'm told) but I guess we will see.

It will be great to get a look at several guys we are hoping will develop into future regulars: Brissett, Nield, Adeboboye, Giffen, Churchill, Fayad, Knight and Cassar in particular. Albeit it will be against a lot of prospects and backups, and likely a vanilla game plan by both teams, so we should not read too much into anything we see tomorrow. I'm reminded that two years ago in our "nothing" season-ender, Maurice Simba looked dominant against a Grey Cup-bound Ticats team. So much for that.

A little surprised to Haydel in the lineup. Was expecting to see either Travel Harris or Cyrus Holder come off the PR.

"Issues"Mcgee
10-28-2022, 11:24 AM
Is anyone donning a halloween costume for the game?

Will
10-28-2022, 12:51 PM
A little surprised to Haydel in the lineup. Was expecting to see either Travel Harris or Cyrus Holder come off the PR.

I hope Coxie or Rogers are ready to go for the final.

AngeloV
10-28-2022, 12:58 PM

Pretty much what I said earlier except flipping Blake and Hunter. Lawrence did great in a time of need, but in reality should be a back-up that can fill in at C or G. I really hope Cage holds up well, this could be big.

AngeloV
10-28-2022, 12:59 PM

If Rogers can go, I start him. Coxie still needs some development. Next year for him.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 01:00 PM

As I think I've said before, I see no chance of Rogers coming back. I doubt he is even with the team at the moment.

As for Coxie, I'd like to see him back but if Cage ends up playing, we will have to lose an INT somewhere. I can't see Daniels, Phillips, Ambles or Banks being sat down (or Leake or Ouellette) so can't see how Coxie gets into the lineup unless one of those guys gets hurt.

Rich
10-28-2022, 01:01 PM
Once the playoffs start I don’t think the players think or care about the overall regular season record, if anything they may take note of how they performed in the regular season against the specific opponent they are playing in the post season.

Which is likely to be the more confident football team, the one that is 12-6 or the one that is 6-12?

AngeloV
10-28-2022, 01:04 PM
Which is likely to be the more confident football team, the one that is 12-6 or the one that is 6-12?

Ask the 1981 Ottawa Rough Riders, or the 1984 Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Once the playoffs start, other than determining who gets the home date, the regular season is irrelevant. I just want 12-6 because it looks good, and it’s been a long time since the Argos have had that successful a regular season.

Rich
10-28-2022, 01:07 PM
It will be great to get a look at several guys we are hoping will develop into future regulars: Brissett, Nield, Adeboboye, Giffen, Churchill, Fayad, Knight and Cassar in particular.

Some of us are hoping that Chad Kelly will also develop into a future regular.

Rich
10-28-2022, 01:09 PM
Ask the 1981 Ottawa Rough Riders, or the 1984 Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Once the playoffs start, other than determining who gets the home date, the regular season is irrelevant. I just want 12-6 because it looks good, and it’s been a long time since the Argos have had that successful a regular season.

Just because a team is more confident it does not mean that they cant lose.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Pretty much what I said earlier except flipping Blake and Hunter. Lawrence did great in a time of need, but in reality should be a back-up that can fill in at C or G. I really hope Cage holds up well, this could be big.

It could be big, but I'm still not convinced we can expect someone who hasn't made the line calls all year to suddenly be able to do it. It's a job that is almost as important as the QB's reads. Hunter has played four games of three-down football in his life. Can he look at a defence and process what he sees and convey it to his mates in five seconds, play after play? I was down on Lawrence early in the season, and there's no question he is undersized, but the line has improved over the course of the season, and some of that has to be guys executing assignments properly based on the calls he's making.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 01:29 PM
Some of us are hoping that Chad Kelly will also develop into a future regular.

No question that is a possibility. It's good that he will (presumably) get a nice long look tomorrow, but too bad it will likely be with a vanilla package against a vanilla defensive package, and a lot of backups on both sides of the ball. Not the most vivid picture, but it should give us a better sense of what he might become than we have now.

OV Argo
10-28-2022, 01:40 PM
It could be big, but I'm still not convinced we can expect someone who hasn't made the line calls all year to suddenly be able to do it. It's a job that is almost as important as the QB's reads. Hunter has played four games of three-down football in his life. Can he look at a defence and process what he sees and convey it to his mates in five seconds, play after play? I was down on Lawrence early in the season, and there's no question he is undersized, but the line has improved over the course of the season, and some of that has to be guys executing assignments properly based on the calls he's making.

Hunter may have grown up playing some Canadian football before he moved to the States? And he was a starter at OT (one year at left the other at right) in his final 2 years of Div I ball; his NFL experience was more at OG I believe though. Maybe he has been taking some reps at C in Argo practice and maybe he has played some C before in his amateur career, and if he does well in this final practice game against the Als, he might take over C from Lawrence. I wonder if he might be given a real shot at OT for next season though, with Nicastro returning and Bladek, MacKellar or others able to man interior spots.

AngeloV
10-28-2022, 01:48 PM

I don’t disagree with most of that. But if Cage is a go, who sits? To me Lawrence is the guy. Dress him still and if Hunter were to struggle, by all means make the change. I think Hunter will be up to the task though. Especially with Blake beside him. Blake can help with the calls. He’s seen it all. There is constant chatter between guard and centre pre snap.

Shatto
10-28-2022, 03:24 PM
Some very interesting choices of players in the line up tomorrow. Brinkman could be a positive surprise. Undersized for the NFL but one hell of an athlete. Anyone who can win the state wrestling championship and be a top notch shot putter, has the strength and athletic ability to have some real potential as a football player ---well the potential anyway. The global player from Britain was a surprise--it will be interesting to watch him tomorrow. Would like to have seen Harris instead of Haydel but this is probably Haydel's last chance to show he can contribute.

Knight and Cassar have huge potential, so I'm glad to see them getting experience as starters. As Paul correctly pointed out, not every player who looks good in a nothing game will be able to perform at the same level against experienced opposition. A lot of these players are playing to show the coaches that they deserve to be brought back next year.

Argo57
10-28-2022, 04:50 PM
Just because a team is more confident it does not mean that they cant lose.

Which in fact shows the regular season record means nothing when the playoffs begin, anything can happen in a one game playoff.

Rich
10-28-2022, 05:10 PM
Which in fact shows the regular season record means nothing when the playoffs begin, anything can happen in a one game playoff.

Of course there are no guarantees, but every little bit of extra confidence helps.

Rich
10-28-2022, 05:18 PM
No question that is a possibility. It's good that he will (presumably) get a nice long look tomorrow, but too bad it will likely be with a vanilla package against a vanilla defensive package, and a lot of backups on both sides of the ball. Not the most vivid picture, but it should give us a better sense of what he might become than we have now.

I know they do vanilla schemes so as to not give away anything for the playoffs, but since Kelly won’t play in the playoffs, why not make a package that takes advantage of his mobility, some rollout options and rpos?

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 06:22 PM
Hunter may have grown up playing some Canadian football before he moved to the States? And he was a starter at OT (one year at left the other at right) in his final 2 years of Div I ball; his NFL experience was more at OG I believe though. Maybe he has been taking some reps at C in Argo practice and maybe he has played some C before in his amateur career, and if he does well in this final practice game against the Als, he might take over C from Lawrence. I wonder if he might be given a real shot at OT for next season though, with Nicastro returning and Bladek, MacKellar or others able to man interior spots.

I believe Hunter played all of his high school ball in the U.S. Moved to Buffalo as a teenager for that purpose, I believe. So he has almost no experience in three-down ball -- past four games are basically it.

I think there is a chance he will be tried at tackle next year, although he's shorter than I prefer at that position. I wouldn't count on Bladek coming back altho I hope he does because he is our most consistent o-lineman. He's likely headed for free agency, and I could see someone like Sask outbidding the Argos. With MacKellar, Hunter and Nicastro all presumably in the fold for next year, we can probably afford not to get into a bidding war. Altho I wouldn't count on Hunter -- it's entirely possible he signed a one-year deal so he could keep his NFL options open. Not that I expect him to go back there, but he might be of interest to XFL and USFL.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 06:24 PM
I don’t disagree with most of that. But if Cage is a go, who sits? To me Lawrence is the guy. Dress him still and if Hunter were to struggle, by all means make the change. I think Hunter will be up to the task though. Especially with Blake beside him. Blake can help with the calls. He’s seen it all. There is constant chatter between guard and centre pre snap.

Makes a certain amount of sense but I would not be crazy about the idea. I think Hunter is a better o-lineman than Lawrence, but I also think the calls are far more important than people realize. Blake is a solid vet, but he has been playing outside for months; not sure how easy a transition it would be to both switch back to guard and help a new centre with the calls.

paulwoods13
10-28-2022, 06:26 PM
I know they do vanilla schemes so as to not give away anything for the playoffs, but since Kelly won’t play in the playoffs, why not make a package that takes advantage of his mobility, some rollout options and rpos?

Good in theory, and maybe it will happen, but I don't know that there's much value in adding new stuff to the playbook at this point. IMO we should be using stuff we already know and have shown a lot, and spending valuable practice time honing whatever plays we intend to use in the EF.

ArgoRavi
10-29-2022, 12:13 AM
I believe Hunter played all of his high school ball in the U.S. Moved to Buffalo as a teenager for that purpose, I believe. So he has almost no experience in three-down ball -- past four games are basically it.

I think there is a chance he will be tried at tackle next year, although he's shorter than I prefer at that position. I wouldn't count on Bladek coming back altho I hope he does because he is our most consistent o-lineman. He's likely headed for free agency, and I could see someone like Sask outbidding the Argos. With MacKellar, Hunter and Nicastro all presumably in the fold for next year, we can probably afford not to get into a bidding war. Altho I wouldn't count on Hunter -- it's entirely possible he signed a one-year deal so he could keep his NFL options open. Not that I expect him to go back there, but he might be of interest to XFL and USFL.

I am pretty sure that Hunter's NFL time is over - he has exhausted his practice roster time - and he can make a lot more money in the CFL than in either the XFL or USFL. As long as he wants to play football, the CFL and hopefully the Argos will be his likely home.

paulwoods13
10-29-2022, 08:37 AM
I am under the impression, perhaps erroneously, that the four-year limit on NFL practice rosters has been eliminated.

argolio
10-29-2022, 10:02 AM
I am under the impression, perhaps erroneously, that the four-year limit on NFL practice rosters has been eliminated.I think you're correct. Probably done to give NFL teams a bit more roster flexibility, but I doubt much will change. Eventually everyone gets replaced by someone younger.

paulwoods13
10-29-2022, 10:13 AM
I confirmed what I thought was the case: "Now teams can have 6 veterans with no limit on the amount of accrued seasons they have in the league."

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30/23325681/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more

gilthethrill
10-29-2022, 10:24 AM
I am pretty sure that Hunter's NFL time is over - he has exhausted his practice roster time - and he can make a lot more money in the CFL than in either the XFL or USFL. As long as he wants to play football, the CFL and hopefully the Argos will be his likely home.

I thought I read an article by Frank Z that gave me the impression Hunter will earn good CFL coin next season with the contract he signed with the Argos. Of course he has that “NFL Window” that he can always explore. I would be as concerned about Hunter signing with some Indoor League as I would him departing for either the USFL or XFL 3.0.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 02:43 PM
In the early going the Als are dominating giving them a 13-0 lead with Dominique Davis passing for and rushing for TDS, looking good and a little lucky on a possible Argo INT. Good to see him not let adversity upset Kelly.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 02:54 PM
Davis looking as good as I've ever seen him in responding quickly with a TD pass. But the question remains how would he do against first stringers.

ArgofanIan
10-29-2022, 02:56 PM
Nice to hear Mike Hogan on 1050 calling the game.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 03:01 PM
Davis should be 11/11 but Spieker coughs up the ball to Richardson on a hard Argo hit.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 03:09 PM
Good to see Brescacin back healthy and scoring a TD. Considering his success in Calgary, he could be a big addition for the playoffs as a Canadian.

OV Argo
10-29-2022, 03:38 PM
Good to see Brescacin back healthy and scoring a TD. Considering his success in Calgary, he could be a big addition for the playoffs as a Canadian.

We shall see; maybe somebody could provide an explanation why he has not been dressed or getting playing time since he's been healthy (and why Haydel was instead) ?; he & Nield add some, IMO, good & needed size to this receiving corps.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 03:39 PM
Good job by Kelly leading down the team to score with 21 seconds left in the half.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 04:03 PM
Haydel displaying his potential for the first time on the kickoff return for a TD.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 04:10 PM
Poor blocking in the A gap gives the Als a TD on a punt block.

ArgoGabe22
10-29-2022, 04:13 PM
Davis Alexander won’t be a third stringer for much longer. He seems to have some potential.

ArgoGabe22
10-29-2022, 05:00 PM
I don’t know how much can be put on Swag Kelly but way too many knocked down passes along the line.

Good to see Brescasin and Brissett both get playing time. Brescasin’s status throughout the season still a mystery and I really think he still has potential to contribute. Although he’s 29 now.

jerrym
10-29-2022, 05:00 PM
An exciting game with a fair number of mistakes on both sides. Kelly showed himself to be a hard-nosed good passer with running capability.

Stevoman
10-29-2022, 05:13 PM
Brescasin was a standout today. Nice to see the kickoff return TD and Kelly played well. I love those new sideline jackets with the stripe on the sleeve, boat logo on the upper left and "Toronto Argonauts" on the back. So good!

gilthethrill
10-29-2022, 06:05 PM
The Nick Arbuckle trade looks really, really good.

AngeloV
10-30-2022, 12:31 AM
Brescasin was a standout today. Nice to see the kickoff return TD and Kelly played well. I love those new sideline jackets with the stripe on the sleeve, boat logo on the upper left and "Toronto Argonauts" on the back. So good!.

Sure, if you overlook his misconduct penalty after his TD, and an offside.

I love Brescacin, but honestly, nothing can be taken out of today's game for anyone that played.

AngeloV
10-30-2022, 12:37 AM
The game was highly entertaining.
Kelly looked like he has a lot of potential, but we already knew that.
Brissett, Brescacin and Philips were the go to guys today and didn't disappoint. Adeboboye was one I particularly enjoyed watching today and Leake showed his explosive ability on his big catch and run play.
Heydel looked very fast on his TD. maybe his speed is better than I thought.
Not worried about any of the results today, because as I mentioned above, it was a meaningless game. Still nice to see the Canadian receivers and Kelly make some plays.
It's also obvious to me that Trevor Harris has been bringing the Als down all year. :)

ArgoRavi
10-30-2022, 03:13 AM
We shall see; maybe somebody could provide an explanation why he has not been dressed or getting playing time since he's been healthy (and why Haydel was instead) ?; he & Nield add some, IMO, good & needed size to this receiving corps.

Haydel looked pretty good to me in Saturday's game. He is an example of why one shouldn't be too quick to give up on a player with potential.

paulwoods13
10-30-2022, 09:09 AM
Seemed to me that the o-line really struggled, especially the right side (Churchill and Giffen). Kelly was constantly forced to scramble, and had to throw the ball into the stands more than once to avoid a sack. Hunter seemed decisive in his line calls, but I wasn't able to evaluate his overall play at centre. I really can't comment on how well Cage played, either; hopefully he played well enough (and feels well enough today) to be an option for the EF. I noticed that when we went to a heavy-tight-end set, Hunter bumped out to LT and Lawrence moved in at centre.

The defence looked pretty terrible, for the most part. The three regulars in the secondary (Amos, Richardson and Metchie) were solid, and Fayad looked pretty good at pass rusher. But letting Davis have his way with us indicates there were no plans to show our next opponent much of anything defensively.

Great to see Haydel have a kick return TD just two weeks after his abysmal performance against Edmonton. He'll be in camp next year with a strong chance of making the team, IMO. Too bad he muffed a later kickoff instead of winning someone a million bucks.

Kelly showed he will be able to play in this league, as expected. He might be our starting QB next year. Better him than Bo, or (ugh) Fajardo.

Shatto
10-30-2022, 11:45 AM
With the proviso that the game did not allow a true objective evaluation of the players since it was a "nothing" game missing the veteran players, here are some of my highly subjective observations:

.Brescacin demonstrated he is more than capable of being a starter. A big target with great hands. Hopefully replacing Banks in the EF

.Brisset had an excellent game, showing a lot of the promise that made him a high draft choice for the Argos.

.Fayad was impressive with his speed and quickness. Still needs experience but has the potential to be a very good rush end

.Adeboboye showed both strength and surprising quickness. He could be an excellent replacement for Harris next year.

.Kelly showed the strong arm and mobility that has impressed the coaches. IMO, he is still far away from being a starting QB in his league. Both of his TD throws were poor decisions and if not for the truly outstanding plays by Brisset and Brescaccin both passes could have been interceptions. Though it will undoubtably find disagreement with many others, IMO, he did not outplay either of the Montreal QB's. He does have the potential to develop into a good QB's but it will take time and patience.

OV Argo
10-30-2022, 12:25 PM
Seemed to me that the o-line really struggled, especially the right side (Churchill and Giffen). Kelly was constantly forced to scramble, and had to throw the ball into the stands more than once to avoid a sack. Hunter seemed decisive in his line calls, but I wasn't able to evaluate his overall play at centre. I really can't comment on how well Cage played, either; hopefully he played well enough (and feels well enough today) to be an option for the EF. I noticed that when we went to a heavy-tight-end set, Hunter bumped out to LT and Lawrence moved in at centre.

The defence looked pretty terrible, for the most part. The three regulars in the secondary (Amos, Richardson and Metchie) were solid, and Fayad looked pretty good at pass rusher. But letting Davis have his way with us indicates there were no plans to show our next opponent much of anything defensively.

Great to see Haydel have a kick return TD just two weeks after his abysmal performance against Edmonton. He'll be in camp next year with a strong chance of making the team, IMO. Too bad he muffed a later kickoff instead of winning someone a million bucks.

Kelly showed he will be able to play in this league, as expected. He might be our starting QB next year. Better him than Bo, or (ugh) Fajardo.

Kelly has definitely flashed some solid QB skills - both with arm strength and scrambling ability; being able to become a smart pro QB who reads Ds well and makes mostly good decisions is a whole other matter.

MBT is going somewhere for next year? - I highly doubt he is going to be a prized FA for big CFL buck$ if he is about to become a FA? - but it's the GOB CFL so you never know? - who would want him? - the Riders maybe ?

Wouldn't want faded Bovine (unless it's as a low paid vet back-up) either, and Fajardo regressed in that dullard Maas offence this year, but I don't think he's near as bad as that offence/ O-line made him look - he's probably out of that Province though with the scape-goat pitch forks out. Kelly might be ready to start but that's a big IF (like MBT not returning) and they should have 4 other QBs in camp for real competition with no pencilled-in garbage.

AngeloV
10-30-2022, 01:02 PM
With the proviso that the game did not allow a true objective evaluation of the players since it was a "nothing" game missing the veteran players, here are some of my highly subjective observations:

.Brescacin demonstrated he is more than capable of being a starter. A big target with great hands. Hopefully replacing Banks in the EF

.Brisset had an excellent game, showing a lot of the promise that made him a high draft choice for the Argos.

.Fayad was impressive with his speed and quickness. Still needs experience but has the potential to be a very good rush end

.Adeboboye showed both strength and surprising quickness. He could be an excellent replacement for Harris next year.

.Kelly showed the strong arm and mobility that has impressed the coaches. IMO, he is still far away from being a starting QB in his league. Both of his TD throws were poor decisions and if not for the truly outstanding plays by Brisset and Brescaccin both passes could have been interceptions. Though it will undoubtably find disagreement with many others, IMO, he did not outplay either of the Montreal QB's. He does have the potential to develop into a good QB's but it will take time and patience.

Fair comments all around. I enjoyed watching the game just to watch the performances of those trying to impress.

ArgoRavi
10-30-2022, 10:53 PM

When I was finally able to watch the game late last night, I attempted to pay special attention to the o-line, based upon what you had said on Twitter, Paul. I didn't think they were bad at all. The right side struggled a little but that was much more the exception than the rule IMO. Cage seemed to play very well and, if healthy, could be provide a boost to an offensive line that has been getting better and better as the season has progressed.

I did notice Hunter playing tight end and Lawrence at centre on the successful two-point convert attempt.

OV Argo
10-30-2022, 11:55 PM
When I was finally able to watch the game late last night, I attempted to pay special attention to the o-line, based upon what you had said on Twitter, Paul. I didn't think they were bad at all. The right side struggled a little but that was much more the exception than the rule IMO. Cage seemed to play very well and, if healthy, could be provide a boost to an offensive line that has been getting better and better as the season has progressed.

I did notice Hunter playing tight end and Lawrence at centre on the successful two-point convert attempt.

Did Hunter get to play C most of the game ?; the bits I watched early saw both Lawrence and Hunter in on the O-Line ?

paulwoods13
10-31-2022, 07:32 AM
Did Hunter get to play C most of the game ?; the bits I watched early saw both Lawrence and Hunter in on the O-Line ?

Hunter played centre for the entire game, except on a few six-linemen sets where Lawrence played centre and Hunter played tight end. Lawrence played only a handful of snaps overall.

bannedforlife
10-31-2022, 12:25 PM
Brescacin demonstrated he is more than capable of being a starter. A big target with great hands. Hopefully replacing Banks in the EFNFL Hall of Famer Randy Moss awards Argos’ Juwan Brescacin top catch in ESPN’s ‘You Got Mossed!’ segment instead of his own son (https://3downnation.com/2022/10/30/nfl-hall-of-famer-randy-moss-awards-argos-juwan-brescacin-top-catch-in-espns-you-got-mossed-segment-instead-of-his-own-son/)
3Down Staff October 30, 2022

ArgoRavi
10-31-2022, 02:07 PM
NFL Hall of Famer Randy Moss awards Argos’ Juwan Brescacin top catch in ESPN’s ‘You Got Mossed!’ segment instead of his own son (https://3downnation.com/2022/10/30/nfl-hall-of-famer-randy-moss-awards-argos-juwan-brescacin-top-catch-in-espns-you-got-mossed-segment-instead-of-his-own-son/)
3Down Staff October 30, 2022

He didn't just get one foot down either but both of them!

Scooter McCray
10-31-2022, 02:18 PM
He didn't just get one foot down either but both of them!Brescacin has made highlight reel catches throughout his career in Calgary and here. It is a real head scratcher as to why he has not been given more playing time. Didn't Dinwiddie bring him here from Calgary, just like Rogers? Given his Canadian status it just gives the team flexibility you would think they would want to exploit.

argolio
10-31-2022, 03:03 PM
Brescanin's career high is 35 catches. After six years in the league, a back-up/spot starter is probably the most he'll ever be.

Will
10-31-2022, 03:46 PM
Brescanin's career high is 35 catches. After six years in the league, a back-up/spot starter is probably the most he'll ever be.

Health was ostensibly an issue until this year.

jerrym
10-31-2022, 04:45 PM
Fayad with his rush speed looks like he can be a great addition to the team at DE.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8