PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, November 13 Argos vs Als

AngeloV
11-07-2022, 11:56 AM
Well, we now know that we will be facing Montreal. Other than the fact I bet Als and Lions yesterday, I am a bit disappointed. I know the loss las year stung bad, but damn if I didn’t want to meet the Cats again and gain revenge,

Anyway. Looking forward to Sunday.

Will
11-07-2022, 01:27 PM
Losing another playoff series/game to Montreal would be too much.

Scooter McCray
11-07-2022, 02:57 PM
I am currently on ticketaster site to buy tickets. The West side and lower east side show a combined 500 seats available only. Is this accurate? I know last year it was not. Why would not have all available shown? That way ticket buyers have full choice.

Scooter McCray
11-07-2022, 03:00 PM
Losing another playoff series/game to Montreal would be too much.The Argos will put in a complete game start to finish offence and defence this Sunday. They will leave no doubt.

RB957
11-07-2022, 04:53 PM
I am currently on ticketaster site to buy tickets. The West side and lower east side show a combined 500 seats available only. Is this accurate? I know last year it was not. Why would not have all available shown? That way ticket buyers have full choice.

If you call the Argos ticket office, there will be other seats available. I called in one time to get extra seats and was told that what TicketMaster displays as available for sale is not the same as what the Argos ticket office has.

RB957
11-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Well, we now know that we will be facing Montreal. Other than the fact I bet Als and Lions yesterday, I am a bit disappointed. I know the loss las year stung bad, but damn if I didn’t want to meet the Cats again and gain revenge,

Anyway. Looking forward to Sunday.

Revenge would have been great served on an ice-cold plate, however, having said that, our worst nightmare would have been to have the Ti Cats come into our house and beat us again to make it back to the Grey Cup. Have been dreading that scenario TBH, so am glad that we are facing the Alouettes. The GO train ride into Exhibition and BMO will be so much more pleasant as well, lol.

ArgoZ
11-07-2022, 05:55 PM

You are likely looking at what’s available to the public. Season ticket holders have their own availability, (which does overlap) as does group sales and promotions elsewhere. I know that there is a separate portal for many University students for this game and some sections are currently held for them.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Let's gooooooo!!!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArgoFan1
11-07-2022, 09:06 PM
We are definitely due to win another Grey Cup. We won in 2012 and then 2017....... then 2022, all 5 years apart !! I'll take that.

gilthethrill
11-08-2022, 07:59 AM
If Coach Mace can plan to take away Harris’s “Go to Pass” aka the Hitch Screen and make him throw more than 8 yards in the air downfield and depend on Eugene Lewis to win every 50/50 ball, the Argos advance to Regina.

Shatto
11-08-2022, 11:25 AM
If McManis and Edwars play, they should make life difficult for Harris. Does anyone know their status?

gilthethrill
11-08-2022, 12:53 PM
If McManis and Edwars play, they should make life difficult for Harris. Does anyone know their status?

I think Edwards is healthy. If the Argos return to practise today an injury report should submitted late this afternoon.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 12:58 PM
I think Edwards is healthy. If the Argos return to practice today an injury report should submitted late this afternoon.Hasn't Edwards been a healthy scratch? I thought he was being sat due to disciplinary reasons rather than health. Hopefully the message was received. They need his edge and nastiness on the defence.

paulwoods13
11-08-2022, 01:03 PM
I think Edwards is healthy. If the Argos return to practise today an injury report should submitted late this afternoon.

No practice until tomorrow.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 01:27 PM
Only 259 seats left combined West and Lower East Side. Endzone sold out. Come on MLSE open up the Upper East Side. Do you think MLSE could sell 7,000 more seats to sell out in the next 5 days? I think they could. Simply blitz their season seat holders of their other franchises, blitz on all media platforms they own in Toronto between Bell and Rogers. Just don't send any players to a Raptor game this time.

paulwoods13
11-08-2022, 02:44 PM
I don't believe there are only 259 seats left. The Ticketmaster charts don't reflect unsold seats, it seems. I think they hold seats back, perhaps to create a sense of heavy demand, perhaps to allocate some for visiting team supporters, etc.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 03:02 PM
I don't believe there are only 259 seats left. The Ticketmaster charts don't reflect unsold seats, it seems. I think they hold seats back, perhaps to create a sense of heavy demand, perhaps to allocate some for visiting team supporters, etc.You are correct. It is 356 now. What the hell. I think I drove myself crazy last year as well. I want so bad for a city of 3 million people to fill a 25,000 seat stadium and support a first place team. Why does their owner not embrace them and fill their house by any and all means at their disposal. As a fan of this team I want nothing more than to see ownership display the passion for their team the way John Candy once did, and the way Amar Doman does today.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 04:11 PM
It is back down to 297.
Now I bought 2 tickets yesterday through Arjen Colquohon directly through the team, and he was saying tickets are limited availability now. He did not believe MLSE were going to open the upper deck.

AngeloV
11-08-2022, 04:34 PM
I think 15k is the best we can hope for. Too bad MLSE won’t spend $$$ to really promote this game.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 04:51 PM
I think 15k is the best we can hope for. Too bad MLSE won’t spend $$$ to really promote this game. That is a genuine shame. I really believe this team is going to be ready to roll and provide all in attendance a show and positive sporting moment for the city this year.

Scooter McCray
11-08-2022, 05:50 PM
Now Ticketmaster is back to 342. I have to stop looking at this or I really will start smoking. I guess MLSE were just hoping that Hamilton would beat Montreal and they wouldn't have to worry about promoting the game or actually sell tickets and rely on Ti-Cat fans filling up BMO.
A real owner would have been selling tickets last week, so that Hamilton fans wouldn't be able to come in and occupy 1/3 of the seats if not more.

kellynjk
11-08-2022, 07:37 PM
Looks like Sunday's weather is going to be messy. At the moment they are forecasting a high of 4 C and wet flurries! Too bad we just missed this balmy weather we've been experiencing!

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 12:17 PM
TICKETMASTER WATCH....86 seats left

That's the lowest number I have seen yet. Keep it going Toronto

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 12:20 PM
TICKETMASTER WATCH.....Now it's 101

What does a stroke feel like?

AngeloV
11-09-2022, 12:42 PM
TICKETMASTER WATCH.....Now it's 101

What does a stroke feel like?

It’s obvious they are releasing more seats as the ones they make available sell. Like I said, I expect around 15k there. As you said earlier Arjen Colquohon told you he doesn’t expect upper east side to be open, so we’re looking at 18k max right now. With literally no promotion other than on their website and app, I think 15k outdated be a good turnout.

They don’t even try to try.

Leafs had a game on TSN last night. Big opportunity to promote the hell out of this game. Crickets.

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 01:23 PM
It’s obvious they are releasing more seats as the ones they make available sell. Like I said, I expect around 15k there. As you said earlier Arjen Colquohon told you he doesn’t expect upper east side to be open, so we’re looking at 18k max right now. With literally no promotion other than on their website and app, I think 15k outdated be a good turnout.

They don’t even try to try.

Leafs had a game on TSN last night. Big opportunity to promote the hell out of this game. Crickets.Another lost opportunity. I see Henoc Muamba will be at the Leafs game Friday night. I sure hope he does not get covid, which is still out there. They are without question the weakest owners in the league. That should embarrass them, and motivate them to be the best owners BUT AS YOU SAID THEY DON'T EVEN TRY TO TRY.

Argos1969
11-09-2022, 02:37 PM
Upper Deck tickets have now been released !!!

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 02:45 PM
Upper Deck tickets have now been released !!!Hot Dog!

AngeloV
11-09-2022, 03:08 PM

Great news. Maybe we will get over 20k now. Argos fans truly are the best. Imagine if this game was better advertised. We’d probably have a lot more casual fans scoop up tickets.

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Great news. Maybe we will get over 20k now. Argos fans truly are the best. Imagine if this game was better advertised. We’d probably have a lot more casual fans scoop up tickets.And this year it will be all Argo fans. A true homefield advantage they have not had since Eastern Final in 2007? 2021 against Hamilton, 2017 against Saskatchewan. 2012 was in Montreal.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Another lost opportunity. I see Henoc Muamba will be at the Leafs game Friday night. I sure hope he does not get covid, which is still out there. They are without question the weakest owners in the league. That should embarrass them, and motivate them to be the best owners BUT AS YOU SAID THEY DON'T EVEN TRY TO TRY.

Oh no. If it were up to me, after last year, the players would not be allowed to go anywhere.

RB957
11-09-2022, 04:36 PM

Great news. Maybe we will get over 20k now. Argos fans truly are the best. Imagine if this game was better advertised. We’d probably have a lot more casual fans scoop up tickets.

This may be a bit deceiving... I just went on Ticketmaster and it looks like only 3 - 4 rows in three of the east side upper deck sections have available seats. I guess that if they sell those they will open up more??

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 04:51 PM
This may be a bit deceiving... I just went on Ticketmaster and it looks like only 3 - 4 rows in three of the east side upper deck sections have available seats. I guess that if they sell those they will open up more??Yes. I think have pretty much sold all of the seats available in endzone and lower decks on both sides. There are only about 30 seats left in those sections combined. So with 4 days remaining they are slowly opening up the 3 middle sections of upper deck it looks like. They have been selling a few hundred seats per day it looks like. Hopefully that keeps up and ramps up as we get closer to game day. Maybe sell another 2,000 seats on upper East Side. Maybe have 20,000 Argo fans in the building. I think they could easily sell out if MLSE uses their blow torch media arms at Bell and Rogers to push the game which most of the city is probably unaware of. Doesn't cost them anything. Just simply inform all of their on air talent and program directors of the game. Provide players, coaches where it makes sense, and talk about it. They would be doing that for Blue Jays, Leafs and Raptors when they are in the playoffs anyhow. Simply provide the backstory and discuss. That alone would sell the remainder of the seats ....easily.

shayman
11-09-2022, 05:09 PM
I hope I'm wrong but ...

Haven't there been times in the past where we've all looked at the lack of available seats on Ticketmaster and convinced ourselves that wow, this is great, there are going to be 23,000 people there -- and then the game comes and there's 14,000 like always?

I'm hopeful for a bigger crowd than usual but I'll believe it when I see it.

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 05:20 PM
I hope I'm wrong but ...

Haven't there been times in the past where we've all looked at the lack of available seats on Ticketmaster and convinced ourselves that wow, this is great, there are going to be 23,000 people there -- and then the game comes and there's 14,000 like always?

I'm hopeful for a bigger crowd than usual but I'll believe it when I see it.Agreed. Lucy is always pulling the ball away at the last second. Now I see 67 seats available in lower decks and west side combined. Maybe they opened up the 3 sections on East Upper to offer more midfield availability for those that want it. It does seem like there is that slow steady 100-300 per day of sales. But that doesn't get us to 20,000 unless there is more of a promotional blitz by the owner. Argo fans are a loyal, hopeful bunch. Best fans in the league.

shayman
11-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Hogie says they've sold out the entire lower bowl and the upper deck on the west side. Maybe it really is happening!~ Fingers crossed that everybody shows up!

don't look at the weather forecast

Scooter McCray
11-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Hogie says they've sold out the entire lower bowl and the upper deck on the west side. Maybe it really is happening!~ Fingers crossed that everybody shows up!

don't look at the weather forecast Better than Winnipeg and Regina. We have 4 C feeling like -1 C with 23 km/h westerly winds. Cloudy with Sunny breaks. No snow or rain. Rain in those temps would be pretty bad. Dress in layers. It'll be a good day for Argo football.

paulwoods13
11-09-2022, 07:38 PM
This is what the team's news release said, in part:

TORONTO – With the existing stadium ticketing manifest sold out for Sunday’s Eastern Final, the team announced today that seats in the upper east side of BMO Field will be released for sale beginning today. The team also announced today that Roy Woods, one of Toronto’s most popular R&B/Hip-Hop artists, will take the stage at halftime when the Boatmen take on the Montreal Alouettes, with a trip to the Grey Cup on the line and that the first 10,000 fans into BMO Field will receive a limited-edition Argos crew neck sweater upon entry.

So the idea that the lower bowl is sold out might be real. Let's hope so. I imagine there are some seats being held back behind Mtl bench for continuing sales to Als fans, but it looks as if we will see a mostly full stadium, which will be fantastic!

paulwoods13
11-09-2022, 07:39 PM
Better than Winnipeg and Regina. We have 4 C feeling like -1 C with 23 km/h westerly winds. Cloudy with Sunny breaks. No snow or rain. Rain in those temps would be pretty bad. Dress in layers. It'll be a good day for Argo football.

Hear, hear!

RB957
11-09-2022, 07:47 PM

TORONTO – With the existing stadium ticketing manifest sold out for Sunday’s Eastern Final, the team announced today that seats in the upper east side of BMO Field will be released for sale beginning today. The team also announced today that Roy Woods, one of Toronto’s most popular R&B/Hip-Hop artists, will take the stage at halftime when the Boatmen take on the Montreal Alouettes, with a trip to the Grey Cup on the line and that the first 10,000 fans into BMO Field will receive a limited-edition Argos crew neck sweater upon entry.

So the idea that the lower bowl is sold out might be real. Let's hope so. I imagine there are some seats being held back behind Mtl bench for continuing sales to Als fans, but it looks as if we will see a mostly full stadium, which will be fantastic!

Because I have gone to Montreal to watch the Argos, I have an account with the Als. They sent out an email offering a promotion to Als fans wanting to come to Toronto for the game with tickets behind the Als bench. Out of curiosity, I went to the link, and it showed only two or three seats available at their special promo price. So maybe it really is true the lower bowls are sold out. That is great news.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-09-2022, 08:53 PM

In 2017, the Argos beat the Roughriders in the East Final in front of 24,929 fans at BMO, according to Wikipedia. If memory serves me right, there were considerably more Argo fans than Rider fans.

I'll be happy with any number over 20,000 but, if the Argos beat the 2017 number or get close I would be assured the future is bright.

1971GreyCup
11-09-2022, 09:28 PM
The forecast for last Sunday’s Als vs. Ticats game was 100% chance of rain and +8C. It looked dreadful. We went anyway and it turned out to be sunny and +19C. A perfect fall day for football. Ignore the forecast. Crisp, fall weather would be great for Sunday.

gilthethrill
11-10-2022, 05:29 AM
Frank Z wrote in his first article of the week yesterday that the Argos are welcoming LB Wynton McManus back. He was listed as “Limited” in practise yesterday so here’s hoping he is able to play up to his high game changing level on Sunday. Other than Carnell who appears to be out, the Argos are at their healthiest at the best possible time.

ArgofanIan
11-10-2022, 06:58 AM
Its a real postive sign and signal that we are expecting a larger crowd this weekend and it has nothing to do with the Ticats or Riders being in town. Hope ARGO fans and friends of the CFL can make it out this weekend... We reaaly need everyone out if you're able. Honestly ...I can't imagine there is a more resilient fan base than us... REally looking forward to a great CFL matchup this weekend. Also those front row seats in the upper east side are excellent... Lets Go !!!!

shayman
11-10-2022, 10:46 AM
I am very relieved that we won't be subject to the usual misinformed and mathematically impossible statements along the lines of "well most of the fans were from Hamilton"

Mr. Pike
11-10-2022, 11:28 AM
Why is it taking MLSE so long to open up more seats (cheaper ones for families ) on the upper east side , Ticketmaster is showing only 88$ seats and not many of those .

AngeloV
11-10-2022, 11:37 AM
Why is it taking MLSE so long to open up more seats (cheaper ones for families ) on the upper east side , Ticketmaster is showing only 88$ seats and not many of those .

Call the Argos office and see what they can do for you. 416-341-2746 (ARGO)
I have found that when I buy extra tickets, the Argos have tickets for me that aren’t’t on Ticketmsster’s site.

Scooter McCray
11-10-2022, 11:49 AM
Ticket sales today seem to be going very slowly. The same seats in the upper deck are available as they were yesterday when released. Would have thought sales would pick up more with the release of additional seating and announcement of halftime show. MLSE now need to get out and hype this game on all of their media channels; TV, Radio, Other. You can't rely on Mike Hogan and Argo twitter feed. Most of the people following them are already going to the game.

Mr. Pike
11-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Thanks , but I have tickets already , it was in general terms I made the query , it is a big chance to showcase a full stadium for Argo football and every tool in the toolbox should be used to sell tickets when the demand is there , ticketmaster is one of the ways to do that .

Scooter McCray
11-10-2022, 11:51 AM
Perhaps it's time for Overdrive to have their annual 5 minute chat with Pinball Clemons to fill their quota of Argo talk for the year.

Mr. Pike
11-10-2022, 11:52 AM
Ticket sales today seem to be going very slowly. The same seats in the upper deck are available as they were yesterday when released. Would have thought sales would pick up more with the release of additional seating and announcement of halftime show. MLSE now need to get out and hype this game on all of their media channels; TV, Radio, Other. You can't rely on Mike Hogan and Argo twitter feed. Most of the people following them are already going to the game.

They need to release more cheaper seats , they are not doing that for whatever mind boggling reason.

Scooter McCray
11-10-2022, 11:59 AM
They need to release more cheaper seats , they are not doing that for whatever mind boggling reason.As someone who is paying to attend, I want a full house. These seats they are releasing are never available. They should be at half the price of equivalent seats on East side. Create new fans. They will be treated to a hell of a show.

AngeloV
11-10-2022, 12:33 PM
As someone who is paying to attend, I want a full house. These seats they are releasing are never available. They should be at half the price of equivalent seats on East side. Create new fans. They will be treated to a hell of a show.

I agree with this.

Scooter McCray
11-10-2022, 12:57 PM
ticketmaster now shows upper deck all available at $39.50. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. NOW GO SELL THE HELL OUT OF THE GAME FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS

argolio
11-10-2022, 01:08 PM
Perhaps it's time for Overdrive to have their annual 5 minute chat with Pinball Clemons to fill their quota of Argo talk for the year.Ha! Sad but true.

Scooter McCray
11-10-2022, 03:04 PM
Now on Ticketmaster the 3 middle upper deck sections are grayed out, and there are selected seats in 3 other upper deck sections. The prices are all still lower - which is great, but why are they opening and closing sections?

AngeloV
11-10-2022, 05:02 PM
but why are they opening and closing sections?

Probably don't want to bring in more stadium staff unless they know they need them. Cheap bastards.

Shipyard
11-10-2022, 05:45 PM
They should be posting way more seats. Checked a couple times and there were less than 10 seats available.
Who would buy with no selection

Mr. Pike
11-10-2022, 06:01 PM
its pretty bizzare, if you look at the western final , all tickets available are for sale on T.M ...its like they (MLSE) do not want sucessfulness when it comes to the argos ...here is a chance to showcase a great game with a great crowd to the gta ,and the owners could care less. In fact, I bet they are disappointed that so many tickets have been sold.

Argo57
11-10-2022, 06:52 PM
Perhaps it's time for Overdrive to have their annual 5 minute chat with Pinball Clemons to fill their quota of Argo talk for the year.

It might cut into the discussion about their golf games or the Green Bay Packers.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-10-2022, 06:59 PM
It might cut into the discussion about their golf games or the Green Bay Packers.

There is a whopping 52 second video covering the Argos on CP24.com tonight.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2022, 07:21 PM
There is a whopping 52 second video covering the Argos on CP24.com tonight.

It would be nice if The Athletic would finally discover the Argos and CFL.

Shipyard
11-10-2022, 08:54 PM
its pretty bizzare, if you look at the western final , all tickets available are for sale on T.M ...its like they (MLSE) do not want sucessfulness when it comes to the argos ...here is a chance to showcase a great game with a great crowd to the gta ,and the owners could care less. In fact, I bet they are disappointed that so many tickets have been sold.

MLSE not interested in selling tickets. Again tonite 4 tickets available.

OV Argo
11-10-2022, 09:04 PM

LOL !

True modern Canadian sports media will talk and fawn all over - the NFL, NHL, Blue Jays & MLB, Raptors & NBA; golf, tennis, Ricky Bobby car racin' ... but the CFL & (Argos in particular in the GTA) Canadian football are beneath these hip trend mongers.

Scooter McCray
11-11-2022, 09:40 AM
3 Down Nation - JC Abbott & John Hodge are picking Montreal, not sure about Justin Dunk, I think he is leaning Argos. Said Toronto's defence was "good", but their offensive line was not very good and the offence in general was "meh". Couldn't understand why all of the hype was about a 35 year old running back coming off of injury, because he only a 4.5 yard rushing average before he was injured. Montreal is playing like a team of destiny.

A little stunning to hear them say that. I know I'm an Argo fan, but they did finish first by beating Montreal in Montreal with alot of non-starters in the lineup. Now they expect Montreal to come here to face a rested, and healthier Argo team. Not alot of respect for what Toronto accomplished this year.

Anything can happen Sunday, but I fully expect the Argos to show up and put touchdowns on the board early, and make a statement defensively.

ArgoRavi
11-11-2022, 11:35 AM
3 Down Nation - JC Abbott & John Hodge are picking Montreal, not sure about Justin Dunk, I think he is leaning Argos. Said Toronto's defence was "good", but their offensive line was not very good and the offence in general was "meh". Couldn't understand why all of the hype was about a 35 year old running back coming off of injury, because he only a 4.5 yard rushing average before he was injured. Montreal is playing like a team of destiny.

A little stunning to hear them say that. I know I'm an Argo fan, but they did finish first by beating Montreal in Montreal with alot of non-starters in the lineup. Now they expect Montreal to come here to face a rested, and healthier Argo team. Not alot of respect for what Toronto accomplished this year.

Anything can happen Sunday, but I fully expect the Argos to show up and put touchdowns on the board early, and make a statement defensively.

If you go back to preseason predictions, I saw few of the pundits picking the Argos to finish first. It's been amazing to me to see how little respect the Argos have gotten from the likes of TSN and 3DownNation this season so it isn't surprising that so many are picking Montreal over the Argos.

Will
11-11-2022, 12:22 PM
Montreal is the juicy pick among the media, IMO, for several reasons:

(1) The narrative of Danny Maciocia taking over from a fired Khari Jones; AND
(2) Gary Stern's presence on Twitter does drive a bit of this

RB957
11-11-2022, 12:31 PM
Montreal is the juicy pick among the media, IMO, for several reasons:

(1) The narrative of Danny Maciocia taking over from a fired Khari Jones; AND
(2) Gary Stern's presence on Twitter does drive a bit of this

This would be the same Gary Stern who resigned from the CFL's Board of Governors and who no longer wants to own the team. Right.

Scooter McCray
11-11-2022, 12:44 PM
On one hand - I understand why the Argos are not "liked" - these are the same reasons I am frustrated.....Our ownership does nothing to improve the profile of this team in the biggest market in the country, and it is hurting the entire league. Our ownership should be driving the league forward with vision and taking the lead on so many issues right now, and they sit on their hands and are mute. They seemed to want some things with the XFL, and when it didn't go their way they sulked off like children instead of putting forth a compelling argument and convincing their fellow owners of the merits of doing something that dramatic. They would have been taken more seriously if they were seen to be running their team with care, passion, and a plan to become relevant in Toronto again. Since they haven't done any of that since taking over the team, why should the other owners just fall in line with a dramatic merger. There is no way they are going to do that when there is no indication Toronto ownership can the get the little things right. How can they be trusted to manage something much greater in scope.

On the other hand - the team itself - on the field deserves respect. The defence is a championship calibre defence. The offence has potential, especially at full strength to play with anybody in the league. They have quietly finished first 2 years in a row, won the big games it needed to other than last years EF, but that loss I firmly believe will be entrenched in the teams mind of what not to replicate and will make them stronger on Sunday. We will see. But when they win on Sunday it will be interesting to see if some opinions change.

Scooter McCray
11-11-2022, 12:49 PM
Ticket sales seem to have tapered off to a glacial pace the last couple of days unfortunately. I would have expected the opposite. Interest to pick up closer to the weekend.
Dinwiddie was on Overdrive at 6:30 pm last night. Pinball was at Raptors game Wednesday and on Breakfast Television this morning. Henoc will be at the Leafs game tonight. Not sure what else is being done to promote or sell tickets in a big way.

RB957
11-11-2022, 12:57 PM
On the other hand - the team itself - on the field deserves respect. The defence is a championship calibre defence. The offence has potential, especially at full strength to play with anybody in the league. They have quietly finished first 2 years in a row, won the big games it needed to other than last years EF, but that loss I firmly believe will be entrenched in the teams mind of what not to replicate and will make them stronger on Sunday. We will see. But when they win on Sunday it will be interesting to see if some opinions change.

HOO RAH. Well said, could not agree more. I remember Bear Woods once saying that the team will play for whoever is out there. That is what I really love about all these guys. They will just give it their all, because they love the game and are professionals. They have earned and deserve respect.

Mr. Pike
11-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Ticket sales seem to have tapered off to a glacial pace the last couple of days unfortunately. I would have expected the opposite. Interest to pick up closer to the weekend.
Dinwiddie was on Overdrive at 6:30 pm last night. Pinball was at Raptors game Wednesday and on Breakfast Television this morning. Henoc will be at the Leafs game tonight. Not sure what else is being done to promote or sell tickets in a big way.

Ticket sales are indeed tapering off or so it seems , so why in heck are they NOT offering for sale the most desired seats in the house , the ones in the upper east side between the 45 yd lines ........makes one left scratching their head once again.

Will
11-11-2022, 02:31 PM
This would be the same Gary Stern who resigned from the CFL's Board of Governors and who no longer wants to own the team. Right.

I don't know if it is him who doesn't want to own the team vs. the estate of his father-in-law pushing things.

bannedforlife
11-11-2022, 08:29 PM
This would be the same Gary Stern who resigned from the CFL's Board of Governors and who no longer wants to own the team. Right.Sarcasm?

bannedforlife
11-11-2022, 08:34 PM
I don't know if it is him who doesn't want to own the team vs. the estate of his father-in-law pushing things.Are we forgetting that the estate said they will keep running the team and I don't think there has been any interest in selling as of yet. I think they are still figuring out what's going on. What I'd like to see is a significant portion of the team being sold off to local owners with Stern maintaining his interest. Despite some CFL BOG members possibly being embarrassed by his naivete, IMO he has been good for the league. He's like an old time wrestler talking people into the buildings.

ArgoGabe22
11-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Are we forgetting that the estate said they will keep running the team and I don't think there has been any interest in selling as of yet. I think they are still figuring out what's going on. What I'd like to see is a significant portion of the team being sold off to local owners with Stern maintaining his interest. Despite some CFL BOG members possibly being embarrassed by his naivete, IMO he has been good for the league. He's like an old time wrestler talking people into the buildings.

Problem with Stern is that he was/is the face of that franchise but only as a minority owner. The estate may not agree with what Stern is doing or what vision he has going forward, thus his frustration. He seems powerless.

ArgoRavi
11-12-2022, 02:05 AM

Stern definitely wants to maintain his 25% ownership of the team and it sounds like his father-in-law's estate is happy with their 75% share with no plans to sell. The dispute appeared to be over Stern being the decision-maker for the franchise or not and that particular role has been removed from him. Otherwise though, he seems as enthusiastic as ever to be a part-owner.

paulwoods13
11-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Depth chart is pretty much as expected: No Brescacin (grrr), Rogers or Cage. One unanticipated change has Sutton backing up at safety instead of Hagerty, who is hurt. Other notable (but not terribly surprising) omissions are Fayad, Knight, Churchill and Haydel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhXvzdRWAAIe00i?format=jpg&name=medium

ArgoRavi
11-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Depth chart is pretty much as expected: No Brescacin (grrr), Rogers or Cage. One unanticipated change has Sutton backing up at safety instead of Hagerty, who is hurt. Other notable (but not terribly surprising) omissions are Fayad, Knight, Churchill and Haydel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhXvzdRWAAIe00i?format=jpg&name=medium

They have decided, for the most part, to go with the guys who got them to this point and I am okay with that.

Antwon
11-12-2022, 12:29 PM
They have decided, for the most part, to go with the guys who got them to this point and I am okay with that.
Yep I'm glad to see that. I know Harris is back, but I like the HC decision to keep going with Ouellette and give him 65% of the snaps and spell him off with Harris. Should make a great 1 - 2 punch.

AngeloV
11-12-2022, 01:24 PM
I still would have preferred to see Rogers over Phillips, it I get why they didn’t make the move. I am still pumped for the game and looking forward to sitting with dem boys tomorrow (Argo57, gilthethrill and Argolio along with the rest of my group.

gilthethrill
11-12-2022, 01:31 PM
I am surprised that Jonathon Jones got on the roster with the return of McManus, not sure how much action he will see unless there is concern McManus may not last the game, but I doubt that. Super disappointed that Rogers isn’t playing and I was hoping to Brescasin make his was way back on the roster after last games performance.

Looking forward to attending my first Argo postseason game since the “Popcorn Incident “ of 2005….thanks Robert and R.J. for that. Always good to reunite with argolio, Argo57 and AV. I expect to grab a few minutes with pw13 at the half as well.

Mr. Pike
11-12-2022, 01:36 PM
Prime seats at the 55yd line now available on T.M , upper east side $48.50

paulwoods13
11-12-2022, 02:20 PM
I am surprised that Jonathon Jones got on the roster with the return of McManus, not sure how much action he will see unless there is concern McManus may not last the game, but I doubt that. Super disappointed that Rogers isn’t playing and I was hoping to Brescasin make his was way back on the roster after last games performance.

I'm sure they are hedging their bets with McManis just in case. He hasn't been hit for five or six weeks, so tough to know how he will hold up. Jones can also make an impact on specials (perhaps in the role that used to be filled by Eli Mencer before he got hurt). I imagine Rogers is not anywhere close to game condition -- he has been away from the team for months. Maybe he'll be ready to go next week, but I'm not counting on it. As for Brescasin, it seems we all see something in him that the coaching staff, for better or worse, does not. And I don't see an obvious candidate to sit for him -- both Brissett and Nield are contributors on specials, and so are both Calver and Cross. There is no NAT player in tomorrow's lineup who does not play an important role. The two backup o-linemen likely won't see much action except in short-yardage sets, but everyone else is a regular on specials if not on O or D. Nice problem to have.

shayman
11-12-2022, 03:36 PM
Take note of Mike Hogan's warning that parking may be challenging tomorrow, with the Royal Winter Fair also going on.

https://twitter.com/MikeHoganArgos/status/1591514095387578368

Some day I hope we can have Argo home games at the Argo stadium without Argo fans worrying about whether something else is going on that messes things up.

Argo57
11-12-2022, 05:02 PM

Looking forward to attending my first Argo postseason game since the “Popcorn Incident “ of 2005….thanks Robert and R.J. for that. Always good to reunite with argolio, Argo57 and AV. I expect to grab a few minutes with pw13 at the half as well.

I thought Jones looked good when in the lineup, probably good insurance if McManus gets dinged again.
Glad you can make your first playoff game in 17 years!

bluto
11-12-2022, 09:23 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to state unequivocally for the record:

-The Alouettes suck.
-Montreal sucks.
-The Province of Quebec sucks.
-Montreal Smoked meat and Poutine are okay but if we're being honest they're overated.

Argos Rule
#GodsOwnFootballClub

OV Argo
11-12-2022, 09:25 PM
Depth chart out: McManis playing + Edwards back at OLB; Blake back to OT, Lawrence at C, Hunter at OG

Brescacin not even dressed ??? Banks starting at WR.

Als D has Chris Ackie replacing injured Awe at MLB again; Ackie is an experienced and good D player, but not a real MLB; and their 2 OLBs (Beverette - good play-making season for them, and Pickett) are lightweight converted DB types. A lot of football OCs might be licking their lips at the prospect of throwing 2 big & powerful backs like Harris & Ouellette at an under-sized and inexperienced LB corps ?

Als offence also starting a very inexperienced raw rookie at one WR spot.

argolio
11-13-2022, 10:47 AM
Just over two hours to kickoff. To quote (probably) every pro player playing today......

LET'S GO!!!

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:08 PM
You can see the difference in attitude to this game compared to the regular season from the number of posts before the game started.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Andrew looked like his old playoff self on the six yard TD run.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:37 PM
Tyson Philpot already has 3 catches for 44 yards and has shown dramatic improvement throughout the season.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:43 PM
The very definition of the Argo bounce on the illegal forward pass over the line of scrimmage, a completion and a fumble into Argo hands.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:45 PM
Like I already said Andrew is looking like his playoff self on the 30 yard reception romp.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 01:47 PM
Harris/Ouellette the dynamic duo both score!

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:07 PM
Complete breakdown in Als coverage on Daniels TD. Up 21-3. The key now is no let up. Keep pouring it on so there is zero chance of a repeat of last year's final.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:10 PM
Tough luck for Worthy on the Argo rouge. I hope he's not seriouly hurt. I liked him when he was with the Argos unlike some here.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:13 PM
Speaking of Philpot he shows his skill in beating Metchie on his TD catch again. It's important that the Argos come back quickly so the Als don't get any ideas of pulling this one out of the fire.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:15 PM
Nice response by Leake with a good return after the Als TD.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:25 PM
MBT having his best most consistent game in leading Argos back to get a FG and respond to Als TD.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:30 PM
I was just going to say the Argos aren't getting enough pressure on Harris allowing him to pass his way down the field when Edwards and Hendrix get sacks on consecutive plays. Good response to limit Als to a FG.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:33 PM
Good to see the Argos going for it with deep pass attempts just before the half instead of sitting on their lead a la derniere annee.

ArgoGabe22
11-13-2022, 02:55 PM
I might be wrong but I believe McManis is out as of the 2nd half

jerrym
11-13-2022, 02:56 PM
Once again the Argos need to respond quickly to the Als after Stanback's 52 yard run. This is turning into a very exciting game.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 03:06 PM
The Argos need to generate more pressure on Trevor Harris. Letting him sit back and throw is a recipe for disaster. When they blitzed at the end of the first half it paid off big with two sacks.

dmont
11-13-2022, 03:06 PM
Why is our defense so bad on 2nd down?

jerrym
11-13-2022, 03:08 PM
And presto Oakman comes up with a sack, but on the next play Harris has time to complete to Wieneke.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 03:20 PM
Great touch on MBT pass to Gittens for a TD. MBT having his best most consistent game of the season.

jerrym
11-13-2022, 04:01 PM
Great and exciting passing game by MBT going 19/27 for 299 yards and Harris going 25/30 for 362 yards. The Argo D did what he had to whenever the Als got close.

OV Argo
11-13-2022, 04:09 PM
Great and exciting passing game by MBT going 19/27 for 299 yards and Harris going 25/30 for 362 yards. The Argo D did what he had to whenever the Als got close.

Great and diverse game by the Argo offence.

The D was quite disappointing to me though (sorry to be negative, but ...) Harris completed almost everything and Stanback put up rushing yards; the D is going to have to make way more plays in the GC; unless the O is unstoppable.

Now - go BC - to look forward to another Argo GC win over BC !

jerrym
11-13-2022, 05:20 PM
The Argo D did what he had to whenever the Als got close.

This was simply saying the D did enough to win, not that they had a good game.

Stevoman
11-13-2022, 07:41 PM
ARGOOOOOOSSSSS! So good to get back to another Grey Cup! I like the variety of plays today and the use of running backs and timely passing and this will have to be the recipe for cold weather in Regina for next weeks Grey Cup.

The Bombers have been the class of the league the last few years and they will be the heavy favourites again but it's a one game showdown and anything can happen. Go Argos!

td1984
11-13-2022, 07:54 PM
What was the attendance today at BMO?

RB957
11-13-2022, 08:14 PM
MBT having his best most consistent game in leading Argos back to get a FG and respond to Als TD.

Great touch on MBT pass to Gittens for a TD. MBT having his best most consistent game of the season.

Couldn't agree more. He looked calm and in control the entire time he was on the field. His best complete game, and a great statement before going to Regina. Hard to believe he is 34 and this was his first playoff victory, but good things come to those that wait (and persevere). Very happy for him.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-13-2022, 08:19 PM
What was the attendance today at BMO?

AngeloV
11-13-2022, 09:32 PM
F'n great game!!!
I hate to admit it, but Trevor Harris earned my respect today. It wasn't a lack of pressure, but he was way better than I ever expected at extending plays and then finding an open receiver. I think he benefitted from Mayala's illness. Cole Spieker is a huge upgrade there. Argos D did a great job against the run today. Take away the one off 52 yard TD, and they held the Als to under 3 yards per carry. Muamba was a beast.
On offence, everyone with the exception of Phillips was on point today. I believe the signing of Ryan Hunter has been a huge turning point for this offence. No sacks today. Good running attach and MBT was very good as I believe he has been all season. Amazing how much better a QB looks when he isn't hurried on half his throws.
Only negative other than the McManis injury was Hagerty's punting today. he must have had some bad spicy pork before the game...Not the best.

On to the Grey Cup. Let's do this!!!

jerrym
11-13-2022, 10:22 PM

Great number. Let's build on that next year. But I am afraid that management/ownership won't like so many times in the past. I have a very different feeling about BC's 30,000+ because it does look like ownership is trying to build back up the attendance.

td1984
11-13-2022, 10:33 PM
Great number. Let's build on that next year. But I am afraid that management/ownership won't like so many times in the past. I have a very different feeling about BC's 30,000+ because it does look like ownership is trying to build back up the attendance.
Sadly yes even if they win grey cup not much will change as long as current owners are running things breaks my heart because I see what BC can do with a similar market but an owner who cares.

argolio
11-13-2022, 11:20 PM
My throat is sore. One too many Ric Flair WOOOOs.

Other than that, no complaints.

ArgoRavi
11-14-2022, 12:35 AM
Sadly yes even if they win grey cup not much will change as long as current owners are running things breaks my heart because I see what BC can do with a similar market but an owner who cares.

Will we hear from either Larry Tanenbaum or Bill Manning this week?

AngeloV
11-14-2022, 12:48 AM
Will we hear from either Larry Tanenbaum or Bill Manning this week?

I suspect with no TFC commitments, Manning might take the free trip to Regina.

timlb01
11-14-2022, 06:22 AM
Great game and once again had a blast. Still the best ticket in town anytime since 1873. Bethel had his most consistent game so far. Hope this continues next week. Pumped for the Grey Cup. I wish I didn't have so many cheap skate friends otherwise I would go. Anyone have issues getting in at Gate 1? I was stopped as I had my Argo flag and was told I couldn't bring it in. I told them it was fine every other week at BMO. It was fine in Ottawa, Montreal and Regina. I escalated to their supervisor and was told no I needed to be a supporter. I said I am, I am on the ArgoFan form and a season ticket holder. I also pointed to the stands where the people that sit in front of me were waving their flag and were on the same retractible antenna pole like I had. I was rejected and told to walk around to Gate 3 and check my Argo flag.

I went to Gate 3 and walked in no problem. Another crack security team with issues like we have seen with cow bells in Ottawa and horns in Montreal. These people are only attempting to do their job but man alive get the protocol straight and be consistent. Just a minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things. BTW that is a damn nice sweat shirt they gave out. That logo would like amazing in Cambridge blue on the sleeves of our jerseys.

Rich
11-14-2022, 02:34 PM
. Amazing how much better a QB looks when he isn't hurried on half his throws.

It’s also amazing how much better a QB looks when his passing accuracy demonstrably improves.

I didn’t think he was capable of such an improvement, and I’m pretty frikken happy to admit I was wrong. Right at this moment, with Rourke and Collaros on the limp, MBT is easily the best QB in the league. Although I gotta admit I haven’t seen Trevor Harris look that good in years either.

Rich
11-14-2022, 02:41 PM

Surely the bean counters at MLSE will notice that drawing 21k with zero promotion wasn’t an insignificant achievement.

And if any of them attended the game, they would have noticed it was one of the youngest and most diverse crowds ever to attend an Argo game. It definitely was not a bunch of old white people like it used to be. If they have any shred of vision they would see some real possibilities for the future.

Scooter McCray
11-14-2022, 02:56 PM
Surely the bean counters at MLSE will notice that drawing 21k with zero promotion wasn’t an insignificant achievement.

And if any of them attended the game, they would have noticed it was one of the youngest and most diverse crowds ever to attend an Argo game. It definitely was not a bunch of old white people like it used to be. If they have any shred of vision they would see some real possibilities for the future.Let's hope some were in attendance or watching. This is the team they need to run it back with, and they have to give a crap about owning them and making the city take notice of. The game was a blast to be at withe 21,000. Imagine a full house. They weren't far off. With just a little imagination and want to, it should not be hard to sell 25 000 tickets 9 times a year. 10 times with playoff. That's 250,000 in a city and surrounding region of 4 million people.

OV Argo
11-14-2022, 03:23 PM
It’s also amazing how much better a QB looks when his passing accuracy demonstrably improves.

I didn’t think he was capable of such an improvement, and I’m pretty frikken happy to admit I was wrong. Right at this moment, with Rourke and Collaros on the limp, MBT is easily the best QB in the league. Although I gotta admit I haven’t seen Trevor Harris look that good in years either.

70.4 % completions for 299 yards and 2 TDs & 0 INTs is a very solid QB performance - kudos to MBT; there should be no problem recognizing any player's good play; just like there should be no problem hearing criticisms for weak play or perhaps flaws in a player's game. Glad to see the deep shots down the field (like those 2 at the end of the first half - close to making something happen instead of wimpy nothing plays to end the half); deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that.

I hope some non-homer fans can recognize other good play from around the league, even if they dislike the other teams. Heard lots of criticism of Trevor Harris' play and QB skills from some. Harris completed 83.3 % of his passes for 362 yards and 1 TD with 0 INTs yesterday; and still holds 2 of the all-time best single game QB passing days in CFL play-off history. I'll guess he still has his share of critics who would love to see him run out of Montreal cause they didn't make it to the GC.

AngeloV
11-14-2022, 06:53 PM
I hope some non-homer fans can recognize other good play from around the league, even if they dislike the other teams. Heard lots of criticism of Trevor Harris' play and QB skills from some. Harris completed 83.3 % of his passes for 362 yards and 1 TD with 0 INTs yesterday; and still holds 2 of the all-time best single game QB passing days in CFL play-off history. I'll guess he still has his share of critics who would love to see him run out of Montreal cause they didn't make it to the GC.

I already acknowledged my respect for the way Harris played yesterday, but let's not get carried away with stats. He wasn't exactly moving the chains when they fell behind 21-3. Every time they pulled close, they fizzled again. He was very good though. Philpot was their best player yesterday IMO. Made some great contested catches.

"Issues"Mcgee
11-14-2022, 08:10 PM
Let's hope some were in attendance or watching. This is the team they need to run it back with, and they have to give a crap about owning them and making the city take notice of. The game was a blast to be at withe 21,000. Imagine a full house. They weren't far off. With just a little imagination and want to, it should not be hard to sell 25 000 tickets 9 times a year. 10 times with playoff. That's 250,000 in a city and surrounding region of 4 million people.

I love how Argo fans can be ravenous but still maintain a family-friendly atmosphere. A lot of young families were at the East Final yesterday and I never heard or observed any kind of behaviour that I would consider unsuitable for children. Just don't park at Lamport Stadium if you're bringing the family.

I have never been to a Leafs or a Blue Jays game that I would proudly bring kinds to and I've been to quite a few. Some people seem to think spending thousands of dollars on tickets gives one a free pass to go on a drug-fueled rampage.

Rich
11-15-2022, 01:37 AM
deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that..

I’d bet that he connected on more deep balls in the last 10 games then he did in his previous 3.5 years as an Argo combined.

Apparently you CAN get better at throwing the long ball at age 34. I wouldn’t have believed it till I saw it. There was around a 12 game span from late last season through the start of this one where I don’t think he connected on one single long ball. That was not “good”. He needed to start making big plays for the team, and he did just that.

ArgoRavi
11-15-2022, 02:38 PM
I’d bet that he connected on more deep balls in the last 10 games then he did in his previous 3.5 years as an Argo combined.

Apparently you CAN get better at throwing the long ball at age 34. I wouldn’t have believed it till I saw it. There was around a 12 game span from late last season through the start of this one where I don’t think he connected on one single long ball. That was not “good”. He needed to start making big plays for the team, and he did just that.

MBT has definitely improved on the deep balls but I would be interested in seeing a QB comparison on those kinds of passes. Is, for example, Bo Levi Mitchell any better than MBT on deep ball accuracy?

argolio
11-15-2022, 05:06 PM
For what it's worth, 35-40% completions on long passes (20+ yards in the air) is considered average in the NFL.

primetime31
11-15-2022, 10:33 PM
I was waiting for the day that the O-line would give MBT solid protection. Well, we got that on Sunday. No sacks is quite an accomplishment. MBT delivered. For the deep balls though, I don't know if the Argos have anyone with deep speed like Speedy B used to have that could catch up to those deep passes. Oh yeah, we had someone like that here last season, Chandler Worthy.

OV Argo
11-15-2022, 11:42 PM
I was waiting for the day that the O-line would give MBT solid protection. Well, we got that on Sunday. No sacks is quite an accomplishment. MBT delivered. For the deep balls though, I don't know if the Argos have anyone with deep speed like Speedy B used to have that could catch up to those deep passes. Oh yeah, we had someone like that here last season, Chandler Worthy.

Receivers don't have to have 4.4 speed to get open deep often; Gittens & Daniels and Banks have got deep this year; can't expect a QB to hit them in stride deep all the time, but a bunch of times would be nice.

Rourke was very good at it this year; Collaros mostly too; always been a weakness in Bo Mitchell's game IMO.

ArgoRavi
11-16-2022, 12:44 AM
For what it's worth, 35-40% completions on long passes (20+ yards in the air) is considered average in the NFL.

I saw a stat on Facebook last week - not sure of its reliability - that had MBT at 33% for the season so he isn't far off the NFL average then.

ArgoRavi
11-16-2022, 12:45 AM

Not sure that Worthy had an inordinate number of deep ball catches. Also interesting that Montreal rarely used him in the receiving corps this year.

Will
11-16-2022, 08:29 AM
Not sure that Worthy had an inordinate number of deep ball catches. Also interesting that Montreal rarely used him in the receiving corps this year.

I know he had at least one in a home win vs Montreal in 2021.

AngeloV
11-16-2022, 10:22 AM
I know he had at least one in a home win vs Montreal in 2021.

And I think Tyquan Glass was released shortly after that play as it was In The dying seconds of the half.

Will
11-16-2022, 11:35 AM
And I think Tyquan Glass was released shortly after that play as it was In The dying seconds of the half.

Yes it was, the Argos had intercepted Vernon Adams to set that up.

jerrym
11-17-2022, 08:41 PM
70.4 % completions for 299 yards and 2 TDs & 0 INTs is a very solid QB performance - kudos to MBT; there should be no problem recognizing any player's good play; just like there should be no problem hearing criticisms for weak play or perhaps flaws in a player's game. Glad to see the deep shots down the field (like those 2 at the end of the first half - close to making something happen instead of wimpy nothing plays to end the half); deep ball accuracy is just not a strength of MBT's game though - sorry bout that.

During the game they gave the stats for career passing average per playoff game with Trevor Harris ranking #1 at 362 yards, which is also what he ended up with in this game.

Golden Fleece
11-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Enjoyed the game last week from the upper deck on the east side for the first time. Nice perspective actually. Didn't realize you could see Hamilton from up there (wishing they were playing of course).

7dj83r8f78t4alf8