PDA

View Full Version : Where is MBT?

bigzee19
11-26-2022, 06:56 PM
Wondering just where MBT had been since exciting the game?

I didn't get a chance to watch the parade yet but I can't even seem to recall seeing any pictures of him with the cup or the team or other players.

kellynjk
11-26-2022, 07:04 PM
Saw this on-line regarding MBT whereabouts:

Bethel-Thompson addressed the gathering remotely as he was in the U.S. spending the American Thanksgiving with his wife and young daughter.
"Football takes everything, to play elite professional football it takes the entire body, mind and soul." Bethel-Thompson said. "Today, when I had the opportunity to go home for American Thanksgiving and be with my wife and daughter, for the first time I get to choose them. ... I felt like that was the right choice.
"I miss my brothers. I'm sorry I couldn't be there."

RB957
11-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Absolutely have no issue with his decision. He is a very eloquent and expressed his feelings and decision perfectly.

Will
11-27-2022, 11:42 AM
Absolutely have no issue with his decision. He is a very eloquent and expressed his feelings and decision perfectly.

Absolutely.

AngeloV
11-27-2022, 03:24 PM

100%.

But people will read whatever they want into this.

gilthethrill
11-27-2022, 03:32 PM
Met John Helton at CFL HOF Ceremonies in 2009. He told me that family always come first.

paulwoods13
11-27-2022, 04:35 PM
I am pretty sure that neither Banks nor Harris attended the rally, either. I bet there were a few others missing as well. Players don't have a lot of time to devote to family during the season, and some of them don't have family members in Canada. The rally was a one-hour event that took place after a few other internal celebrations with teammates. And it happened on U.S. Thanksgiving, traditionally a family holiday.

ArgoRavi
11-27-2022, 06:01 PM
100%.

But people will read whatever they want into this.

Have already seen lots of that on social media, unfortunately.

Will
11-27-2022, 06:03 PM
Wondering just where MBT had been since exciting the game?

I didn't get a chance to watch the parade yet but I can't even seem to recall seeing any pictures of him with the cup or the team or other players.

He's with Waldo.

bigzee19
11-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Ahhh thanks all! Good for him. I have no issues him going home to be with family.

shayman
11-29-2022, 10:59 AM
He gave a very nice speech from home, which he delivered live at the rally via Zoom on the giant screen at Maple Leaf Square. He mentioned that Pinball offered him the chance to do it pre-recorded but he felt it was better to do it live.
That was completely OK by me and by everyone else there.

1971GreyCup
11-29-2022, 02:25 PM
I heard a serious family matter kept his wife and daughter from attending the Grey Cup. I respect MBT’s privacy on this matter. Understand completely why he returned immediately to be with his family.

primetime31
11-29-2022, 06:13 PM
I heard a serious family matter kept his wife and daughter from attending the Grey Cup. I respect MBT’s privacy on this matter. Understand completely why he returned immediately to be with his family.

Hopefully all is better with his family matter. It is hard to know what Argo player that I'm happiest for in winning the Cup but with all of the tribulations that MBT has endured during his pro career and with the Argos, he is certainly near, if not at the top of my list.

RB957
11-30-2022, 12:07 PM
Hopefully all is better with his family matter. It is hard to know what Argo player that I'm happiest for in winning the Cup but with all of the tribulations that MBT has endured during his pro career and with the Argos, he is certainly near, if not at the top of my list.

Agreed.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8