PDA

View Full Version : Mayor John Tory resigns

AngeloV
02-10-2023, 09:38 PM
Well, Johnny Boy let his horny side get the better of him as he admits to having an affair with a staffer. Good thing this news came out after the Argos day at City Hall. I wonder if the Argos will take down the video of their day there from their app.

kellynjk
02-10-2023, 11:51 PM
Have to confess - this story really shocked me! I mean I suppose it can happen to anyone or any couple, but somehow I didn't expect it from John Tory.

Will
02-11-2023, 09:04 AM
The video is still there.

Argo57
02-11-2023, 10:38 AM
Well, Johnny Boy let his horny side get the better of him as he admits to having an affair with a staffer. Good thing this news came out after the Argos day at City Hall. I wonder if the Argos will take down the video of their day there from their app.

Just another politician who lectures the general public on the rights and wrongs of living life, proverbial do as I say not as I do type.

"Issues"Mcgee
02-11-2023, 01:43 PM
Ewww those philanderous hands touched the Grey Cup last week. I'd have it cleaned.

AngeloV
02-11-2023, 03:19 PM
I actually like John Tory. I wish this never happened and don’t discount the possibility someone purposely leaked this information to get him to resign. The sad part is that it happened over the pandemic while he and other politicians were preaching not to leave our homes and keep a safe distance from non family members. As Argo57 said, basically “do as we say, not as we do”.

"Issues"Mcgee
02-11-2023, 06:39 PM
I actually like John Tory. I wish this never happened and don’t discount the possibility someone purposely leaked this information to get him to resign. The sad part is that it happened over the pandemic while he and other politicians were preaching not to leave our homes and keep a safe distance from non family members. As Argo57 said, basically “do as we say, not as we do”.

Jokes aside, I feel awful for his family. I really do. It's one thing to have this happen to a family, it's another when it's world news.

kellynjk
02-11-2023, 07:59 PM
Jokes aside, I feel awful for his family. I really do. It's one thing to have this happen to a family, it's another when it's world news.

Yeah me too - it's all over the news, including the American and international press. And knowing the press they'll stay on it until they can unravel the details of the whole sordid situation, which will be tough for his family.

Argo57
02-11-2023, 08:24 PM

Tory does seem like a decent guy, he definitely made a mistake and had the guts to own up to it and resign.
Feel bad for his wife and entire family, the court of public opinion pales in comparison to the fact he let his family down and will have to deal with that.
Through all of this I wish them well.

ArgoFan1
02-25-2023, 12:09 AM
Just another notorious Toronto Mayor making headlines.
Honestly don't know why he has to resign. He didn't break any laws. This stuff happens a lot more than you could imagine, and always has.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8