PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game festivities?

Retrogorilla 2
06-15-2023, 01:09 PM
Hey all you Argonuts,

Headed down to the BC game...it's the first time I'll be going down to and Argos game in person in a long time (say...5 years?). Wondering what the pre-game/tailgating scenario is like these days? Is there still a place to hang out and get (cheaper) beer like the "Ship Yard" idea in the past? If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear.

Will be sitting in the rowdy 115 - looking forward to it!

Argooooos!

Will
06-16-2023, 01:17 PM
I haven't heard anything about the Shipyard.

However, an organic tailgate has been going on for 4-5 years now in the parking lot directly south of the stadium. It isn't sanctioned by the team so it is strictly BYOB and BYOF, but we have experienced little trouble over the years. Just make sure to have a plastic cup for your beer and pack up your trash.

RB957
06-16-2023, 05:22 PM

However, an organic tailgate has been going on for 4-5 years now in the parking lot directly south of the stadium. It isn't sanctioned by the team so it is strictly BYOB and BYOF, but we have experienced little trouble over the years. Just make sure to have a plastic cup for your beer and pack up your trash.

Some CFL haters would say that BYOF stands for Bring Your Own Fans.... but it is sad that more people in Toronto don't appreciate what a great experience attending an Argos game can be. Have not tailgated since the end of the "official" tailgates, but am thinking of doing it again because it was such a blast.

AngeloV
06-16-2023, 09:27 PM

Pretty sure I saw something about the Shipyard on Twitter, but not sure if that was the original Shipyard idea in the parking lot, or just a scaled down version in the north end zone before the game.

paulwoods13
06-17-2023, 08:03 AM
The Shipyard, presumably in same location as last year (north end inside BMO) will be open as of 5:30, with Adriano Belli and Rickey Foley signing autographs. Banner ceremony starts at 6:45.

Will
06-17-2023, 09:29 AM
The Shipyard, presumably in same location as last year (north end inside BMO) will be open as of 5:30, with Adriano Belli and Rickey Foley signing autographs. Banner ceremony starts at 6:45.

As a bonus, fans may also expect kisses from one of those individuals.

Retrogorilla 2
06-17-2023, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the (parking lot) Shipyard - too bad it appears to be scaled down.

ArgofanIan
06-17-2023, 10:09 PM
Its worth while to walk down and check out the tail gate. A lot of great CFL fans down there... especially tomorrow with the Ticats fans in town....

7dj83r8f78t4alf8