PDA

View Full Version : Dejon Brissett

Will
07-05-2023, 09:56 AM
Kelly has been spreading the ball around to his receivers, but it's nice to see Brissett get some more love in the passing game. He is on pace for 744 yards this season, which while not elite I suppose, is nonetheless not insignificant. He made a few clutch catches on Monday including one that kept the drive going late in the 4th where the Argos killed a lot of clock.

bluto
07-07-2023, 12:08 PM
... on pace for 744 yards this season, which while not elite I suppose, is nonetheless not insignificant.

So, roughly translated, "pretty good".

AngeloV
07-07-2023, 01:38 PM
He has absolutely flashed is talent, but there have been a couple of instances where he has made the wrong read. Game 1, he misplayed a corner route which could have been a big gain. In Edmonton he should have had a TD but he stopped on a short pass over the middle in which Kelly wanted him to keep going. And last week he was supposed to run a bang route, but failed to break it back out which is where the ball was thrown.

I will give him a pass on these as he has not had a lot of playing time at receiver, but if he is to become a full time starter, he has to cut out the mental errors. I'm hoping and confident that he will. He can be a star.

jerrym
07-29-2023, 08:17 PM
Good to see Brissett catch a couple of passes, score a TD and a two pointer against the Riders in his first start of the season. Hopefully this is the start of further improvement.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8