PDA

View Full Version : Dinwiddie signs multi year extension

AngeloV
07-11-2023, 03:28 PM
Great new as far as I'm concerned. Story is vague on details, but Coach RD will be here for a while yet.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/toronto-argonauts-sign-head-coach-ryan-dinwiddie-to-multi-year-extension-1.1983248

Will
07-11-2023, 05:46 PM
This is great news!

Argos football ops was a mess 4-5 years ago under Popp, but now with Pinball, Magri, Russell, Murphy and all the coaches it is one of the best in the league.

Argo57
07-11-2023, 05:51 PM
We’ll deserved, Dinwiddie and his staff are doing a great job!!

"Issues"Mcgee
07-11-2023, 06:29 PM
Great news!! Dinwiddie has not been shy about his ambitions to coach in the NFL, so a multi-year deal is fantastic.

Scooter McCray
07-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Great news!! Dinwiddie has not been shy about his ambitions to coach in the NFL, so a multi-year deal is fantastic.If he were offered some type of position coaching role in the NFL, would Argos let him pursue it? Like they do with players? I am guessing so. It is great they have done this now. Echoing other sentiments on this post....Pinball has built a foundation for ongoing success on the field with hiring and retaining good coaches, players, and recruiters. He is simply a success at whatever he sets his sights on. Hence, why I desperately wish for him to be named President. Within a few years he can have the stadium full and the Argos be relevant in the GTA once more.

"Issues"Mcgee
07-11-2023, 09:03 PM
If he were offered some type of position coaching role in the NFL, would Argos let him pursue it? Like they do with players? I am guessing so. It is great they have done this now. Echoing other sentiments on this post....Pinball has built a foundation for ongoing success on the field with hiring and retaining good coaches, players, and recruiters. He is simply a success at whatever he sets his sights on. Hence, why I desperately wish for him to be named President. Within a few years he can have the stadium full and the Argos be relevant in the GTA once more.

I agree they will let Dinwiddie leave at any time, but unlike many players who have departed the Argos in recent years, he provided a lot more stability for the team by signing this deal.

He is basically saying "NFL, Argos or nothing." He could have been completely not commital for the whole season, repeating tired and worn out statements like "I'm gonna do what's best for my family." There would have been a lot more uncertainty in the organization if he did that.

ArgoGabe22
07-11-2023, 09:11 PM
What exactly is a multi year contract. 2 plus an extension option for a third year?

ARGOMAN 27
07-12-2023, 08:48 PM
"issues"--you are right on yet again. Tired worn out drab is so boring and plentiful in todays sports world. Good for him. I do question some of his play calls over the past years including this year, but can't argue with his record. We pulled out a victory from the jaws of defeat more than a few times since he joined...but who cares---as chad kelly would say --go argos--drops mic and steps away--love it.

Stevoman
07-12-2023, 10:08 PM
I like the continuity as I imagine some of their co-ordinators will be scooped up. Hopefully the front office continues to get him good players and the Argos can keep building on last years win.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8