PDA

View Full Version : How about Jordan Youngers pick!!!

1argoholic
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
No one mentioned this yet but HOLY SHITE one of the nicest I've ever seen. How the hell did he come up with that. Too bad we did nothing with the chance. Shows how important it is to have the vet back there playing with confidence to attempt that pick. He's going to be a player/teacher this year. When they showed the stat of our secondary and CFL games played. Younger with something like 129 and the rest have 1 now after yesterday.

Stevoman
07-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Amazing! I was pumped for him!

DanTheFan
07-01-2012, 04:41 PM
A well-earned interception can get me more excited than touchdowns. Great timing and aggression that was very much needed at that point.

Argocister
07-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm sure practicing with Jyles last year helped him read the play..... It was a great pick , not only in the anticipation but the effort he put in to complete it. Good choice in D Captain.

Hollaway
07-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Awesome pick, it was one of a very few highlights for the Argos in the game.

bluto
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
i "Tom Cruised" my couch when it happened.

phenomenal play. looks like JY's assertion that the safety spot gives him the opportunity to see developing plays better and react is paying dividends already.

(... i was actually waiting for a flag to negate it like they did to other excellent plays on the evening)

jerrym
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I've always felt Jordan was underappreciated, especially the last few years with comments on air or in papers that he's getting up there in age.

paulwoods13
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
i "Tom Cruised" my couch when it happened.

phenomenal play. looks like JY's assertion that the safety spot gives him the opportunity to see developing plays better and react is paying dividends already.

(... i was actually waiting for a flag to negate it like they did to other excellent plays on the evening)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the pick came after JY moved to corner to replace the injured Horne. Matt Black moved in at safety. Having said that, I think JY will be an excellent safety. He showed flashes of that late last season.

ArgoRavi
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the pick came after JY moved to corner to replace the injured Horne. Matt Black moved in at safety. Having said that, I think JY will be an excellent safety. He showed flashes of that late last season.

You are absolutely correct, Paul. The fact that they had to shuffle the secondary like that and they still played very well is a good sign. Being able to use Black at safety if need be also provides more ratio flexibility.

AngeloV
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM

I believe Black on the safety blitz caused the hurried throw on the play. Great D all around there.

1argoholic
07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Good vid on the Argo site of Jordan breaking down that play. This was one of the sweetest picks I've ever seen and could be play of the year kind of stuff. For him to time that at full speed and then leap flat out to haul that in was amazing.

argomANIA
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
That's my JY!!! lol

1argoholic
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Good thing you picked him as your favorite as he's one of the very few vets that has stuck around. haha.

argomANIA
07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Good thing you picked him as your favorite as he's one of the very few vets that has stuck around. haha.

He's been my fave since day 1. My husband is worried of what I'll do when he finally retires. It was bad enough when he went to Edm for a year. But we all pretend that never happened....and that I don't own a Eskimo jersey with his name on it. lol

7dj83r8f78t4alf8