PDA

View Full Version : Ambles released

paulwoods13
08-02-2023, 03:39 PM
IMO none of the American receivers has done anything to warrant being sat, but I think Phillips is the most likely. I definitely would not dress Ambles in place of an American defensive tackle.

Ambles has been cut. IMO this is not a huge surprise. Although he brings some good attributes to the slotback position, including good blocking skills, his route-running was apparently erratic. I think we are fine with what we have in the lineup already, plus Nield, and it's more tenable to keep a kid like Haydel on the PR rather than have a veteran sitting around unhappy.

AngeloV
08-02-2023, 03:51 PM
Ambles has been cut. IMO this is not a huge surprise. Although he brings some good attributes to the slotback position, including good blocking skills, his route-running was apparently erratic. I think we are fine with what we have in the lineup already, plus Nield, and it's more tenable to keep a kid like Haydel on the PR rather than have a veteran sitting around unhappy.

I like him too, but I also suggested a few weeks back that guys like he was going to have a hard time getting into the line up.

Stevoman
08-02-2023, 07:52 PM
I'm disappointed that he's no longer with the team but also could not honestly suggest who he could've replaced. #17 is my favourite number though and the Argos haven't had too many over the years so that also adds to my disappointment.

Waffle
08-03-2023, 01:54 AM
I also am sad to see Ambles cut from the team, a victim of the numbers game I guess. He played hard for the Argos last year. I think he has only had 3 seasons in the CFL, but has two Grey Cup rings, one with the Argos last year, and one with Calgary (though he was injured and didn't play in the Grey Cup game. Not too many people have had that degree of success. I wish him well and thank him for his contributions to the team.

bluto
08-03-2023, 07:39 AM
He's better than plenty of receivers I've seen on other rosters. Here's hoping he lands on his feet (on a team that we don't play again).

AngeloV
08-03-2023, 02:50 PM
He's better than plenty of receivers I've seen on other rosters. Here's hoping he lands on his feet (on a team that we don't play again).

I don’t see an imminent signing with him. He tested the FA market and eventually re-signed here late into free agency. He’s a really good football player, assignment sound and tough. I just think at 31, teams would mostly prefer to go younger there.

Argo57
08-05-2023, 05:34 PM
Ambles signs with Calgary.

https://3downnation.com/2023/08/05/salt-in-the-wound-stampeders-bring-back-receiver-markeith-ambles-after-release-from-argos/

AngeloV
08-05-2023, 06:34 PM

https://3downnation.com/2023/08/05/salt-in-the-wound-stampeders-bring-back-receiver-markeith-ambles-after-release-from-argos/

I am surprised by this move.

OV Argo
08-06-2023, 06:58 PM

Maybe somebody burned the game tapes of Ambles' Stamps season of umpteen drops - it was just brutal.

ArgoRavi
08-06-2023, 11:38 PM
I am surprised by this move.

If he was going to end up anywhere, Calgary makes the most sense as he would already know the system and they are beaten up in the receiving corps.

jerrym
08-26-2023, 11:40 AM
Ambles had a decent game last night against the Argos with four catches for 43 yards.

OV Argo
08-26-2023, 11:48 AM
Ambles had a decent game last night against the Argos with four catches for 43 yards.

He wouldn't be on their roster if not for a big pile of injuries they have at receiver.

paulwoods13
08-26-2023, 01:31 PM
He also dropped one catchable pass at a critical juncture IIRC.

OV Argo
08-26-2023, 02:19 PM

Begelton also had 2 bad drops to go with his big production night.

IF the Stamps receiving corps was healthy, it would be maybe league best IMO (up there with the BC group): Begelton, Malik Henry, M. Michel back from the NFL, Odoms-Dukes was showing well till he got injured; and a collection of promising Canadian receiver talent (Hakunvanhu; Philpot (out all season with injury so far) and 2 draft picks from this year - Barnes & Tucker (and interesting that the former from U Sports has played more and shown more than the 1st rounder Tucker who was out of Div I ball).

And Maier has had his ups and downs, and I still think he can become a real good CFL QB; but he's saddled with cry-baby Dickenson as his HC / offensive thinker - a guy who does not get diversity, applied ground game or sharp play-calling but only knows standard, same old CFL offence.

Will
08-28-2023, 08:44 AM

Yes he did.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8