PDA

View Full Version : Let's look at something postive for a change

AngeloV
07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
After this Calgary blowout, the Argos are officially in first place in the east based on point differential.

NOW STOP WHINING PEOPLE!!!!!!

argolio
07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Calvillo sucks! And he's fat!!

paulwoods13
07-01-2012, 09:47 PM
After this Calgary blowout, the Argos are officially in first place in the east based on point differential.

With what appears (at this point, at least) to be the best defence in the East. And Ray is no worse than tied for second-best QB in the East.

argolio
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I think the East started off well against the West last season before fading. It's a long season, and I wouldn't count out any team.

Argocister
07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Of the four losing East teams, the Argos were the team that gave the biggest challenge...... And was the closest to winning!

1argoholic
07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
WOW Montreal looked like CRAP!! YAH!!!!! If we can clean up the penalty situation and Pre gets on track we should be ok. I just don't want things to snowball. Next week will not be easy. Calgary's D is going to make our O line work like hell. Ray better get rid of the ball quick and to Durie or Owens rather than a still standing Boyd.

jerrym
07-01-2012, 11:02 PM

Whining is half the fun (as long as one still has a positive half).

tc23
07-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Calgary looks really good, a real test for the Argos next week !!

Stevoman
07-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Yeah man, still in first!

KCargosfan
07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Didn't expect Montreal to get absolutely throttled tonight. Wow.

ArgoRavi
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Also, over the last five seasons, we have done much better when we have lost our first game of the regular season than when we have won it.

bluto
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
i know that Ravi hates it when people say that the season doesn't really start until Labour Dabour, but in a season where we have a dozen or so new starters and new coaches and coordinators, i'm ok with having a "breaking in" phase during the first 3-5 weeks and viewing any wins during that period as gravy.

i thought we looked talented and promising (if spectacularly undisciplined and lacking focus... i also don't ever remember watching a game where that many Argos tripped on invisible banana peels).

for me: i'm bullish on our trajectory for this season.

1argoholic
07-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Once the dust settled yesterday I came away with some good thoughts. We've had a ton of changes and if we could cut the penalties down we'll be fine. I couldn't believe how many we took after Milanovich drilled the point home all pre-season. You take a beautiful td off the board because of one. Having said that we're in real tough against a very good looking Calgary team. I just don't want our growing pains to snowball.

Will
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Also, over the last five seasons, we have done much better when we have lost our first game of the regular season than when we have won it.

I don't know if you can chalk that up to anything other than coincidence.

Midnight Blue
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I think that while we could've won the opening game on the last drive, it's probably better that we lost. No prematurely swelled heads, and all that. I think this team has some serious potential.

Cheers !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8