View Full Version : Game Thread: Calgary at Edmonton Sat. September 9

jerrym
09-07-2023, 02:55 PM
It may well be another close game but I will pick Edmonton because they are playing at home.

ArgoRavi
09-07-2023, 10:32 PM
This is the toughest pick of the week for me. I just have a gut feeling that Calgary will continue the momentum that they built up in the 4th quarter on Monday.

jerrym
09-08-2023, 03:41 PM
On second thought, playing at home has not exactly been a blessing for the Elks the last four years, to put it mildly.

jerrym
09-08-2023, 03:48 PM
Below are the injury lists for the Elks and Stamps.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/06/stamps-elks-injury-reports-mills-limited-on-wednesday/

Mocha
09-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Ford and Brown are doing their thing on the ground, but at some point the Elks will have to target Lewis and Dunbar to open things up.

kellynjk
09-09-2023, 09:13 PM
So Austin Mack get tossed from the game for throwing a punch, but Reggie Begleton (Calgary) doesn't??? He just threw a punch at an Edmonton player.

OV Argo
09-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Great comeback win by the EE; makes it tougher for Calgary to move towards the cross-over, which i don't want to see.

Tre Ford is struggling some with vision and reads, but his arm strength and accuracy are fine, and his running ability is good as it gets for a QB.

jerrym
09-09-2023, 11:04 PM
I didn't like Jones play calling when he sent Ford on a run second down and five after he just picked a first down on a sweep and everyone was waiting for him, followed by a straight plunge into the line by Brown, again when everyone was expecting it on third and two, costing the Elks a turnover late in the game. However the Elks pulled the game out of the fire anyway.

jerrym
09-09-2023, 11:07 PM
Ford showed how green he is in having few completions and a couple of interceptions in the first three quarters but also showed how he can overcome adversity in the fourth quarter as he led them back from a 16 point deficit to win.

ArgoRavi
09-10-2023, 12:00 AM
Ford showed how green he is in having few completions and a couple of interceptions in the first three quarters but also showed how he can overcome adversity in the fourth quarter as he led them back from a 16 point deficit to win.

Absolutely. Kudos to Chris Jones for sticking with him throughout the game and for Ford getting through considerable adversity tonight.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8