PDA

View Full Version : Coping Mechanism of an Argos hater

Will
09-10-2023, 12:06 PM
The natural coping mechanism of an Argo hater in the wild is to, after a Boatmen victory, either to slag attendance or bringing up the conspiracy theory that the league favours the Argos.

Argo57
09-10-2023, 12:45 PM
The natural coping mechanism of an Argo hater in the wild is to, after a Boatmen victory, either to slag attendance or bringing up the conspiracy theory that the league favours the Argos.

A common theme on Riderfans.

"Issues"Mcgee
09-10-2023, 01:34 PM
A common theme on Riderfans.

No one likes us. We don't care.

Argo57
09-10-2023, 01:39 PM
No one likes us. We don't care.

I kind of like the fact many hate on the Argos, means they are successful.

"Issues"Mcgee
09-10-2023, 01:49 PM
I kind of like the fact many hate on the Argos, means they are successful.

Agreed. I've come to embrace the villain status. Hate us all you want, but you can't stop us.

kellynjk
09-10-2023, 02:35 PM
Well I think the idea that the League favours the Argos is pretty ridiculous. And just looking at the Argos schedule is a perfect example, the Grey Cup champions don't even play for the first couple of weeks, they schedule all their bi-weeks at the beginning of the season etc. At least this year, most people including the pundits are acknowledging what a terrific team the Argos are!!

AngeloV
09-10-2023, 03:34 PM

My experience is that is mostly coming from the Western fans, which is why I always cheer for the east over the west---even Hamilton.

Will
09-10-2023, 03:42 PM
My experience is that is mostly coming from the Western fans, which is why I always cheer for the east over the west---even Hamilton.

It seems to come from, primarily, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan fans.

AngeloV
09-10-2023, 03:46 PM

Well they think they invented football out there. Bombers fans are still living in the 80's. Someone needs to tell them that the American Wrestling Association died a long time ago. They still have fans with spiked shoulder pads and legion of doom face paint.

Will
09-10-2023, 04:12 PM
Well they think they invented football out there. Bombers fans are still living in the 80's. Someone needs to tell them that the American Wrestling Association died a long time ago. They still have fans with spiked shoulder pads and legion of doom face paint.

Two straight championships made some​ of their fanbase insufferable.

Argo57
09-10-2023, 04:31 PM
Two straight championships made some​ of their fanbase insufferable.

At least they were humble during the “Swaggerville” era.

ArgoRavi
09-10-2023, 07:33 PM

No matter what, I just can't cheer for the Ticats. LOL!

Argo57
09-10-2023, 07:40 PM

I’m with you Ravi.

"Issues"Mcgee
09-10-2023, 07:41 PM

The Argos have more Grey Cups than both teams combined. I'd be jealous too.

"Issues"Mcgee
09-10-2023, 07:43 PM

Agreed no way I'm cheering for them.

bluto
09-11-2023, 08:18 AM
It's a great sign when all they have to needle us with is attendance woes (legit) and league-favours-Toronto-conspiracy (laughable).

It is killing some of them that the Argos are this good and there's no sign it will change anytime soon... Enjoy it.

TICATS SUCK !
09-11-2023, 09:20 PM

To quote John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious!" Angelo, do you really dislike /hate the West so much that you would cheer for Hamilton in a Grey Cup? I mean, don't you want Hamilton's Grey Cup drought to continue? (that sign at the home opener was priceless) I sure do, because it brings me so much pleasure to see them suffer! I would NEVER, under any circumstances, cheer for that team. To quote Chad Kelly: "Go Argos"

OV Argo
09-11-2023, 09:59 PM
Well, I, for one, get AV's dislike of the Canadian Western cry-baby theme against the big, bad Easterners; and it hardly just to do with sports.

I might cheer for the Pussycats in a GC against a West CFL team; but it would depend on that specific West team at the time.

AngeloV
09-11-2023, 10:16 PM
I would cheer for BC over the Ti-Cats, but none of the others. But it doesn’t really matter. I mean who loses Grey Cup games on a more regular basis than the Ti-Cats?

The fact is, I am just tired of hearing Western fans making fun of the east in general and the Argos specifically. At least with Hamilton, it’s a give and take between our fan bases

Scooter McCray
09-14-2023, 11:18 AM
The only thing they can legitimately hate or criticize is the Argo attendance. If any of the Western teams had this Argo team Edmonton, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan would sellout their stadiums, and BC with Amar Doman would be close behind. We get 14,000 in a city of 3 million. That is laughable.

Will
09-14-2023, 12:23 PM
The only thing they can legitimately hate or criticize is the Argo attendance. If any of the Western teams had this Argo team Edmonton, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan would sellout their stadiums, and BC with Amar Doman would be close behind. We get 14,000 in a city of 3 million. That is laughable.

As I said in the other thread, why chirp at us? We're not the ones thumbing our noses at the league.

"Issues"Mcgee
09-14-2023, 01:44 PM
As I said in the other thread, why chirp at us? We're not the ones thumbing our noses at the league.

I agree. I can't stand the "support your team" chirp. I am supporting my team and that's what seems to be bothering you!

Makes my brain hurt.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8