PDA

View Full Version : Bev Oda quits, steps down, whatever...

Fungi
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Glad to see her gone.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/07/03/pol-bev-oda-quitting.html
I`m sure conservative minded people are upset...Only Bev could go out and find a good $16.00 glass of orange juice in the name of helping underprivileged children worldwide with Canadian taxpayers money.

1argoholic
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
What a piece of work. How about the former Premier of BC Gordon Campbell working for the fed as some kind of Olympic good will guy diplomat or something spending like a madman in London. Most likely drinkng his ass off too.

argonaut11xx
07-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Glad to see her gone.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/07/03/pol-bev-oda-quitting.html
I`m sure conservative minded people are upset...Only Bev could go out and find a good $16.00 glass of orange juice in the name of helping underprivileged children worldwide with Canadian taxpayers money.

Fungi..your correct...that said, the left wing media, and especially liberal-cbc, would have never ran with a story like this if it were a Liberal, or NDPer.
Politicians are all corrupt...but the ones onside with our left wing media get a free pass...the jack layton -love fest on the cbc, and other media was sickening (Layton did NOTHING ever, he was a left wing hack his entire career--just there to critisize) and the way the canadian media orgasms of obama, is brutal...all obama has done is destroy the american economy, and spend spend spend..
Anyways, i agree Oda is a jerk...but i get angry when the hard core lefties get a free pass...i just want balance

1argoholic
07-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Well get ready for an NDP gov in BC. I feel like a guy without a party. Used to be a Progressive Conservative but I can't stand what has become of that party as Conservatives. Never will I vote for the NDP. I have no use for unions. I'm not a typical granola head BC liberal.
I've been tossing my votes to The Greens as of late. I think they all BLOW though.

argonaut11xx
07-24-2012, 02:07 PM
I dont know about out here on the west coast...but i do remember how Bob Rae , the NDP, premier of Ontario single handidly destroyed Ontario.
The NDP in Ontario as if they had a seceret money tree...(sadly they did...it was MY pockets, and yours).

I love the debate, the differences in ideology, etc...most of my closest pals are "left wing lunatics"...

What kills me is that lack of balance in the media...i hate the media of today...

argolio
07-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Bob Rae's NDP couldn't balance the budget in Ontario but most of Saskatchewan's NDP governments have been able to, so it doesn't have to do strictly with a particular party.

Look at the U.S -- Clinton balanced their budget, Bush spent like a drunken sailor, and Obama has been spending like two drunken sailors.

1argoholic
07-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Wait until you see the gongshow which is called BC politics Argonaut11xx. There's no rhyme or reason with the voters here. We had the HST brought in and a year later it was put to a vote full well knowing that we'd have to pay the feds back billions I believe was the figures. Well most people voted to scrap it and they had no clue that BC had to pay back the money. This province will be scrambling for years. They wanted it scraped by the way it was brought in. No point in even trying to debate with folks here. It reminds me of Kindergarden when two kids would be going on about how much better their dad was.
Oh yah they also brought in the toughest drinking and driving laws and then back peddled.

argonaut11xx
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Its a different kind of folks here...thats for sure...being in Aldergrove, kinda a country town...its like David Suzuki had sex with Larry the cable guy, and thats where most of these folks came from.

Actually, ive met lots of nice people also,

99.9 % of the folks ive met actually think Bigfoot is real..."wholly ogo pogo"

AngeloV
07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Fungi..your correct...that said, the left wing media, and especially liberal-cbc, would have never ran with a story like this if it were a Liberal, or NDPer.
Politicians are all corrupt...but the ones onside with our left wing media get a free pass...the jack layton -love fest on the cbc, and other media was sickening (Layton did NOTHING ever, he was a left wing hack his entire career--just there to critisize) and the way the canadian media orgasms of obama, is brutal...all obama has done is destroy the american economy, and spend spend spend..
Anyways, i agree Oda is a jerk...but i get angry when the hard core lefties get a free pass...i just want balance

It goes both ways. According to right wing media, no Liberal has ever done anything right and no conservative has ever done anything wrong. There is no balance act there either. The media is just as corrupt as the political parties. The problem is that everyone believes whatever is said by the media members that back the party that they support. Let's be honest, nobody that has a political affiliation of any kind ever gives a fair and balanced analyis.

argonaut11xx
07-25-2012, 02:49 PM
It goes both ways. According to right wing media, no Liberal has ever done anything right and no conservative has ever done anything wrong. There is no balance act there either. The media is just as corrupt as the political parties. The problem is that everyone believes whatever is said by the media members that back the party that they support. Let's be honest, nobody that has a political affiliation of any kind ever gives a fair and balanced analyis.

Angelo, except for the new sun newschannel,there is no right wing media. (and Sun News go's overboard also). The CBC, CITY, Global, CTV are all left wing, while the CBC, and CITY are far-left.
I agree completly that the media is as corrupt as the politico's....i just want balance...cant have that when all the mainstream media outlets are communist

7dj83r8f78t4alf8