PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Hamilton at Saskatchewan Saturday Oct. 7

jerrym
10-06-2023, 01:22 AM
The Riders seem to be on a downhill slide. Are they tired of their HC always angry manner? I will take the Tiger Cats in this one, despite the Riders playing at home.

jerrym
10-06-2023, 01:28 AM
Here are the Riders and Tiger Cats injury reports:

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/03/ticats-riders-injury-reports-bo-levi-mitchell-limited-on-tuesday/

AngeloV
10-06-2023, 11:35 AM
Don't hate me again. Ti-Cats keep the east as the stronger division in 2023. The beat down from the Banjo Bowl still lingers as the Riders continue their string of losses which I predicted a couple of weeks ago will continue til season's end.

Argo57
10-06-2023, 12:56 PM
Go Riders!
Would rather see Montreal host the ESF than have to go into Hamilton for the win.

ArgoRavi
10-06-2023, 03:58 PM
Don't hate me again. Ti-Cats keep the east as the stronger division in 2023. The beat down from the Banjo Bowl still lingers as the Riders continue their string of losses which I predicted a couple of weeks ago will continue til season's end.

I was really unsure of my pick until I saw who Hamilton would be starting at QB. Bo Levi will be starting and, given that he has struggled for the past few years, I am reluctantly going with the Riders in this one.

OV Argo
10-06-2023, 04:31 PM
I think even Dolegala could light up that weak & inexperienced Ticats secondary for big yardage and points.

And the Riders D often has good pass rush, which could have Bo in big trouble - I could see him lifted for Shiitz if he does not do lots early.

Will
10-07-2023, 10:29 AM
I was really unsure of my pick until I saw who Hamilton would be starting at QB. Bo Levi will be starting and, given that he has struggled for the past few years, I am reluctantly going with the Riders in this one.

They really soured on Powell I think after the 2-int game against the Argos and an early struggle against Calgary.

ArgoRavi
10-07-2023, 12:12 PM
I have said throughout this season that I don't like the way that the Ticats have been constructed and I feel no differently about that today. They haven't drafted or recruited nearly as well as other teams, like the Argos, over the past three years and it shows. They are basically a patchwork team with no real identity. When you have to constantly go out and sign other teams' cuts in midseason, it is evident that you haven't done a good enough job of building your team.

Argo57
10-07-2023, 04:23 PM
Scott Milanovich unavailable for todays Ticat game due to a family matter.

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/07/ticats-offensive-coordinator-scott-milanovich-unavailable-for-bo-levi-mitchells-return/

OV Argo
10-07-2023, 08:36 PM
Wow ! - Ticats looking impressive in taking it to the Riders; both Bo & Shiltz have played and moved the ball.

Ticats win gives the RedBlacks still faint hope.

Mocha
10-07-2023, 09:13 PM
Wow ! - Ticats looking impressive in taking it to the Riders; both Bo & Shiltz have played and moved the ball.

Ticats win gives the RedBlacks still faint hope.

Nice to see more East teams outperforming West teams. How cool would it be if Ottawa snuck into the crossover spot?

TrueBlueGuy
10-07-2023, 09:24 PM
not a game comment, but as an Argos/CFL fan going back to the 70's I am pleased to see the tributes at Mosaic to the awesome George Reed...well done Sask.

jerrym
10-07-2023, 10:58 PM
not a game comment, but as an Argos/CFL fan going back to the 70's I am pleased to see the tributes at Mosaic to the awesome George Reed...well done Sask.
Well deserved tribute. He was a great man on and off the field where he did so much community work.

ArgoRavi
10-07-2023, 11:24 PM
Nice to see more East teams outperforming West teams. How cool would it be if Ottawa snuck into the crossover spot?

They would have to beat the Argos twice to do so though, which I have no interest in seeing.

OV Argo
10-08-2023, 12:33 AM
They would have to beat the Argos twice to do so though, which I have no interest in seeing.

Ha, ha; I'd likely pay the Argos to roll over against Ottawa to see an East cross-over to shut-up all those smug West fans.

RedBlacks win the West and face the Argos in the GC ! hahahahahahaha !

Will
10-08-2023, 10:45 AM

I believe it would also involve them beating Montreal on Monday, which gives Hamilton a leg-up on hosting a playoff game, which I have no interest on seeing.

Argo57
10-08-2023, 11:06 AM
I believe it would also involve them beating Montreal on Monday, which gives Hamilton a leg-up on hosting a playoff game, which I have no interest on seeing.

I’m with you, hopefully Montreal takes care of business and hosts the ESF.

gilthethrill
10-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Scott Milanovich unavailable for todays Ticat game due to a family matter.

https://3downnation.com/2023/10/07/ticats-offensive-coordinator-scott-milanovich-unavailable-for-bo-levi-mitchells-return/

Uh Oh….this season when ever a Hamilton player leaves the team for a “Family Matter”, they are never heard from again. Hope this isn’t the case for Milanovich.

gilthethrill
10-08-2023, 11:10 AM

Riders should have been allowed to clean house after last season but the “Operations Cap” kept that from happening. It’s really caught up to them now. Riders look uninspired and done.

Hamilton can enjoy their annual late season success. They can’t beat East teams that are ahead of them in the standings and will be put down November 4 in Montreal.

Will
10-08-2023, 11:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hamilton defeats Saskatchewan 38-13 on George Reed Day in the province. <br><br>For those keeping count, which I am, the Eastern Division teams are now 16-12 against Western Division teams this season. <br><br>Remember when it was lopsided with West wins? Times have changed folks.</p>&mdash; Devin Heroux (@Devin_Heroux) <a href="https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/status/1710838597207646242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Argo57
10-08-2023, 01:26 PM
Riders should have been allowed to clean house after last season but the “Operations Cap” kept that from happening. It’s really caught up to them now. Riders look uninspired and done.

Hamilton can enjoy their annual late season success. They can’t beat East teams that are ahead of them in the standings and will be put down November 4 in Montreal.

Being forced to keep substandard coaching and/or football ops staff really hurts the on field product to the detriment of the league overall.

ArgoRavi
10-08-2023, 03:54 PM

What the hell was I thinking that Saskatchewan would win another game? Agreed on Hamilton too. I don't see them getting past Montreal on November 4th.

AngeloV
10-08-2023, 05:20 PM
Ha, ha; I'd likely pay the Argos to roll over against Ottawa to see an East cross-over to shut-up all those smug West fans.

RedBlacks win the West and face the Argos in the GC ! hahahahahahaha !

I am in agreement with you here. Stupid Ottawa should already be in position for this, but coach blown losses at Saskatchewan and BC and the first home game vs Montreal will be the reason we don't get the first ever East crossover.

Mocha
10-08-2023, 05:56 PM

If there's a team out there that can afford to pay the fines for exceeding the ops cap, it's Saskatchewan. But hopefully this offseason they'll pull the trigger.

Will
10-08-2023, 07:38 PM
If there's a team out there that can afford to pay the fines for exceeding the ops cap, it's Saskatchewan. But hopefully this offseason they'll pull the trigger.

Do we even know what the penalties are?

Mocha
10-08-2023, 08:58 PM
Do we even know what the penalties are?

These were the rules in 2018. Not sure if they've changed since then:

For the first $100,000 over the cap, the fine is the equivalent of the amount by which the limit has been exceeded. For any amount over $100,000, penalties range from a minimum of a $25,000 fine and the loss of one second-round draft pick to a maximum of a $250,000 fine and the loss of three draft picks.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/12/06/cfl-introduces-non-player-football-operations-cap/

7dj83r8f78t4alf8