11-08-2023, 01:16 PM
The following Argos have been selected first team CFL all stars
Chad Kelly
Darius Ciraco
Ryan Hunter
Dejon Allen
Wynton McManis
Adarius Pickett
Robertson Daniel (surprise to me based on games missed)
Javon Leake

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/08/stars-of-the-show-2023-cfl-all-stars-fan-favourite-unveiled/

Waffle
11-08-2023, 02:05 PM
Congrats to them and the coaches. They had a great year.

Rich
11-09-2023, 02:27 AM
Three Argonaut O-Lineman are CFL all-stars. Surely that’s never happened before. This is one crazy season.

Scooter McCray
11-09-2023, 07:23 AM
That is impressive. The Argo depth is so good, it is likely a few more players would be all stars without rotation and injury.

ArgoRavi
11-09-2023, 12:09 PM
That is impressive. The Argo depth is so good, it is likely a few more players would be all stars without rotation and injury.

No receivers or defensive linemen made it even though we know how good those players are. Nobody put up phenomenal stats but many had very solid seasons.

Argoriffic
11-09-2023, 02:00 PM
And The Argos only had 4 players in TSN's Preseason Top 50 Player Rankings.....

bluto
11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
And The Argos only had 4 players in TSN's Preseason Top 50 Player Rankings.....

It was 5, but point well made.

ArgoGabe22
11-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Steve Simmons wrote that the Argos have no real superstars. I wasn't around in 1997 but is Drummond really a CFL "superstar" and any different from what we are seeing from AJ on a more full time basis? I also think with higher roster turnovers, we don't really have much CFL superstars on any team in this era. Is Tim White, the leading receiver a superstar?

Will
11-09-2023, 04:45 PM
Steve Simmons wrote that the Argos have no real superstars. I wasn't around in 1997 but is Drummond really a CFL "superstar" and any different from what we are seeing from AJ on a more full time basis? I also think with higher roster turnovers, we don't really have much CFL superstars on any team in this era. Is Tim White, the leading receiver a superstar?

Robert Drummond would've had 1,000 rushing/1,000 receiving in 1997, except he got injured in a game against Winnipeg and he missed a few games. I would classify him as a superstar at the time based on his on-field performance. However, nobody on the 1997 team could really move the needle in terms of off-season interest.

paulwoods13
11-09-2023, 04:49 PM

White is definitely not a superstar. I agree we do not have many, if any, of those anymore. Mike Reilly might have been one; some would say Bo in his prime altho I would not agree. Harris? Cornish? I don't see it. Rourke almost certainly would have warranted that moniker if he had stayed up here for a long time.

ArgoGabe22
11-09-2023, 05:04 PM
White is definitely not a superstar. I agree we do not have many, if any, of those anymore. Mike Reilly might have been one; some would say Bo in his prime altho I would not agree. Harris? Cornish? I don't see it. Rourke almost certainly would have warranted that moniker if he had stayed up here for a long time.

McManis and Pickett are absolute beasts and both could very well be the MODP in their own right. They are probably the closest thing to superstars on defence but will never be seen as such. Players Bighill and Jerfferson have been given more of a status over the years. But Jefferson is still no Joe Montford

Rich
11-10-2023, 02:12 AM

Chad Kelly is a first year starter who led his team to a 16-2 record, collecting an MOP and an MVP (if they gave that out too), and is on the verge of his 2nd straight cup. Sure looks like Superstar stuff to me.

And as an aside, it’s the first time in 30 years Steve Simmons has written a column about the Argos without saying that nobody in the city cares about the Argos anymore. This is progress.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Chad Kelly is a first year starter who led his team to a 16-2 record, collecting an MOP and an MVP (if they gave that out too), and is on the verge of his 2nd straight cup. Sure looks like Superstar stuff to me.

And as an aside, it’s the first time in 30 years Steve Simmons has written a column about the Argos without saying that nobody in the city cares about the Argos anymore. This is progress.

The true test will be Damien Cox.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8