PDA

View Full Version : Argofans.com wishlist

bluto
12-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Can we get another "quick navigation" tab at the top of the page on threads? Or maybe a clickable "tree" of forum/sub-forum/thread, please? it would make getting around easier.

bluto
12-23-2011, 11:01 AM
and maybe some smileys/emoticons up in this? to colour up our posts a bit?

bluto
12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
perhaps a clickable tab with access to bold/italic/underline/crossed-out/img stuff?

bluto
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
and this type of quoting system... i never quite get it right. can i quote more than one post? it seems to only take the last quote. i understand that this is good for brevity sometimes, but it also can make threads more difficult to follow since you have to backtrack a lot to get the gist sometimes.

bluto
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
and i'm not claiming to be a great design or decorator type of guy, but it seems to me that our team colours are the best in professional sports and our site ought to reflect that.

i love the Hogtown logo, but if i've scrolled down and can't see it, the site's colour and look should be subliminally reminding me that i'm on an Argonaut fan chat forum.

i'm not meaning any part of this thread as criticisms btw, Mark. as always i'm thrilled that a fella like you has taken this responsibility upon yourself so that we may all benefit from it! i'm also not trying to give you a honey-do list... although i admit that this reads that way... i just have high hopes for this forum and hope that the best CFL posters all find their way here and when they do, they have everything a poster could want at their disposal.

cheers for now.

Argofan
12-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Well thats a large honey-do-list my friend but I'm up for the challenge, See what I can do over the holidays :)

Wobbler
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I would like a way to disable the emoticon graphics. I've de-selected all of the post element options (signatures/avatars/images) but these won't go away. Other than that I'm impressed with the new setup!

Argofan
12-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Merry Christmas Mr Wobbler.
I think I have fixed this for you please go to your settings and see if it works.
Please let my know.

I would like a way to disable the emoticon graphics. I've de-selected all of the post element options (signatures/avatars/images) but these won't go away. Other than that I'm impressed with the new setup!

Wobbler
12-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Merry Christmas Mr Wobbler.
I think I have fixed this for you please go to your settings and see if it works.
Please let my know.
Ah ha - I see a "disable smileys" option now, and after turning it on the board works the way I like. I got my Christmas wish. Thanks, Mr. Claus!

argolio
12-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Looks much better!

paulwoods13
12-27-2011, 08:36 AM
perhaps a clickable tab with access to bold/italic/underline/crossed-out/img stuff?

I second that. Really need ability to easily modify text.

Will
12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I will third Bluto's suggestion.

bluto
12-28-2011, 08:34 AM
really appreciate both your attention to this thread and your willingness to roll up your sleeves to work on the site, Mark.

i may be in the minority here... but i think that Wobbler should be forced to look at however many smileys i put in my posts ;)

Wobbler
12-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I always imagine a giant bouncing smiley-face at the end of your messages, Bluto. You don't need to bother with emoticons! (heh heh)

bluto
01-03-2012, 08:26 AM
oh no! i can't see what "level" we are anymore! how will i know who to take seriously now??

1argoholic
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I just post my thoughts. I don't need to learn how to do all of the fancy stuff. haha Everything looks great to me.

Midnight Blue
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi Mark, great site. Thanks for your commitment to creating a forum for Argo Fans.

And thanks for putting up with my occasional, drunken, semi-brilliance, in the past.

But I have just one, minor quibble: It would seem, to me at least, that every time I
log in, and check the "Notifications" segment, I am always being awarded with one
or another award/achievement. Now, the "Kozak of the Year", or the "Viking of All Time",
awards were very cool (even if I'm not quite ready for them yet), but honestly, having
an award/achievement pop up every time I check the "Notifications" tab, is becoming
a bit disconcerting. I mean, I'm good, but, I can't possibly be that good, can I?

All I ask, is that I may be allowed to clear, the plethora of my past
awards/achievements, on at least my personal "notifications" tab, so as to not
allow my ego to evolve, into a state more unmanageable, than it already is.

With Love, Midnight.

Argocister
03-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Do you think there would be interest in a football q and a for those of us who would like further explanation or education on various strategies used in the game? Maybe I'm the only one that would use this, but I wouldn't mind having a place I can ask questions. If you have tried this before without much success then just ignore the post.

Midnight Blue
06-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Do you think there would be interest in a football q and a for those of us who would like further explanation or education on various strategies used in the game? Maybe I'm the only one that would use this, but I wouldn't mind having a place I can ask questions. If you have tried this before without much success then just ignore the post.

A question and answer (Q and A) thread would be great. Perhaps then we could learn the difference between a Strong Side Omnipotent Linebacker, and a Weak Side Wimpy one. Though I suspect that it is more complicated than that.

Great idea, nevertheless.

Oh, and can we have mild expressions of humour on this forum, as long as it is relatively constrained?

Just kidding....

Ask not what Klingons can do for you ... ask only, what you can do for Klingons....

Ka' Pla !

Wobbler
06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Football Q&A idea (argocister + MB): I like this very much.

Argocister
06-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Just found the Football Q&A section..... Thanx
You dont' have to be a senior to reply do you?.............

"Have a question about Football? Plays? Routes? Coaching? Argonauts or the CFL History? Post here and one of our senior members will answer"

:)

Mulder
06-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Just found the Football Q&A section..... Thanx
You dont' have to be a senior to reply do you?.............

"Have a question about Football? Plays? Routes? Coaching? Argonauts or the CFL History? Post here and one of our senior members will answer"

:)

haha I'll change it to something better.

jerrym
01-22-2016, 01:18 AM
My wish is that before I die the offseason involves no questions about what is the chance of the Argos surviving.

Ron
02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
My wish is that before I die the offseason involves no questions about what is the chance of the Argos surviving.

That's one way to assure yourself of a long life.

Mocha
06-28-2021, 10:56 AM
Under the Sports heading, I'd like to see another room added.

Double Blue Room
CFL Room
Amateur Canadian Football Room
Other Sports

This would give us an easier way to access discussion on USports, high school, etc. Canadian ball.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8