PDA

View Full Version : FOOTBALL POLL: Lions vs. Seahawks — which team do you follow first?

LLB997
07-05-2012, 02:48 AM
FOOTBALL POLL: Lions vs. Seahawks — which team do you follow first?

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/FOOTBALL+POLL+Lions+Seahawks+which+team+follow+fir st/6884584/story.html#ixzz1zjCfrPJy

I wonder how TO would do in the same poll. Good on BC.

Argocister
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
It was also interesting to read the accompanying article ......

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Seattle+Seahawks+soar+into+Lions+territory/6884535/story.html

..... Where the NFL stats show a 29% of BC interested in the NFL compared to the Toronto 20% ......
The president of the Lions stated they would not be interested in an NFL game in Vancouver, but....... The Lions aren't second class citizens in their stadium like the Argos , are they?

argonaut11xx
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Seattle+Seahawks+soar+into+Lions+territory/6884535/story.html

..... Where the NFL stats show a 29% of BC interested in the NFL compared to the Toronto 20% ......
The president of the Lions stated they would not be interested in an NFL game in Vancouver, but....... The Lions aren't second class citizens in their stadium like the Argos , are they?

My fav part of the article was when the writer refered to BC as "The Great WET North`...hahaha...so true
`

1argoholic
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
This isn't Toronto so you won't hear all the NFL this and NFL that here. The Lions and all teams Vancouver get great sports coverage. You'll see a tid bit here and there about the Seahawks. We do get three or four Washington St channels that can go on and on about their Shithawks.

Will
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM

I don't suspect the Whitecaps have more clout than the Lions do at BC Place.

Hollaway
07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
The NFL gets more coverage in Toronto then the Argonauts, which is really sad, the all sports radio station FAN590 hardly ever talk about the Argonauts, however since TSN Radio came in, they do have a few shows dedicated to the Argos and the CFL, which is great to see/hear :P.

1argoholic
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
The Whitecaps get good coverage. It's all positive here. You don't get media ripping one team over another. TO is unique in that way.

Hollaway
07-06-2012, 04:10 PM
TFC get a lot more coverage here then the Argos, maybe because they are owned by MLSE, with everything owned by MLSE, great media/fan buzz but all suck on the ice or field of play, unlike the Argonauts who are one of the oldest professional sports teams in North America, have so much to show for over the years and get no respect.

For the record: I'm an argos fan 1st, but would follow Lions/CFL over the dismal Seahawks or the NFL any day.

LLB997
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
TFC get a lot more coverage here then the Argos, maybe because they are owned by MLSE, with everything owned by MLSE, great media/fan buzz but all suck on the ice or field of play, unlike the Argonauts who are one of the oldest professional sports teams in North America, have so much to show for over the years and get no respect.

For the record: I'm an argos fan 1st, but would follow Lions/CFL over the dismal Seahawks or the NFL any day.

I would disagree with that. If you know where to look and take the NFL influence out of the equation , then the Argos get pretty good coverage (specifically TSN radio, CTV news, TSN Gamenight, Toronto sun is not bad although the talent there is awful). But across the board the TFC coverage is less overall imo. Its interesting, i live in Nyc and the Argos get way more media coverage in TO than the New York Rangers get in NYC, its not even close really. Until the Rangers got into the 3rd round they were basically ignored. Being a hockey fan in the states i have minimal complaints about Argos coverage and its only going to increase the closer we get to GC100.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8