PDA

View Full Version : July 14th 2012: Toronto Argonauts vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

T-Bone
07-08-2012, 08:37 AM
http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/tor.png vs. http://cfl.assets.mrx.ca/shared/sked_blocks_logos/2012_2/2012_schedule_default2/ham.png

Week 3
Saturday, July 14th 2012 at 7:00pm ET.
Ivor Wynne Stadium. Hamilton, ON.

TV: TSN (http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=508)
TSN Mobile TV: Details Here (http://www.tsn.ca/mobiletv/)
Radio: TSN Radio 1050 (http://www.tsn.ca/radio/feature/?id=43622)
Audio Webcast: TSN Radio 1050 (http://www.tsn.ca/Toronto/listen/)

US Viewing:
Video Webcast: ESPN3 (http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3)

Depth Chart: Here (http://www.argonauts.ca/depthchart/list/team/7/year/2012)

Pre-Game Tailgate: Scott Park Starting at 12:00pm (http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=scott+park+hamilton&hl=en&ll=43.251072,-79.830598&spn=0.00565,0.009602&hq=scott+park&hnear=Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario&t=m&z=17&iwloc=B)

Will
07-08-2012, 10:02 AM
I will be attending at Ivor Wynne Stadium with T-Bone and Mulder. We'll be at the Scott Park tailgate with a mix of other Argo and Ti-Cat fans for most of the day so if you are heading down to the game next Saturday please stop by. As for the game, please, please, please beat Hamilton! We heard how great a team they were going to be from so many pundits and I'd like to see us go in there and take one. We haven't won a regular season game there in almost three years IIRC.

Argocister
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
?.......... As for the game, please, please, please beat Hamilton! We heard how great a team they were going to be from so many pundits and I'd like to see us go in there and take one. We haven't won a regular season game there in almost three years IIRC.

Argos just Do It!
I'll be there as well. Maybe drop by the tailgate too.
:)

1argoholic
07-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Well last week it was penalties and this week our cover teams. If we straighten that out we should do ok. We better cover better with those two flat out burners that Hamilton has. Wish I could go as this could be a classic. I can't wait.

ArgoGabe22
07-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Was planning to go but forgive me I have an adult soccer league game at the same time

1argoholic
07-08-2012, 07:07 PM
If there was ever a time to skip out on your game this is it.

Wobbler
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I assume that Hamilton will want to start Eiben against us, but that actually presents a problem for their LB corps. To make that work in week 1, Hamilton had to sit Markeith Knowlton and move Jamall Johnson out of position. On Friday they used Eiben as a backup and switched back to their "normal" LB personnel.

Regardless of how inspired Eiben might be, I think we're better off with Knowlton sitting on the bench.

1argoholic
07-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Eiben who's Eiben?

ArgoRavi
07-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I assume that Hamilton will want to start Eiben against us, but that actually presents a problem for their LB corps. To make that work in week 1, Hamilton had to sit Markeith Knowlton and move Jamall Johnson out of position. On Friday they used Eiben as a backup and switched back to their "normal" LB personnel.

Regardless of how inspired Eiben might be, I think we're better off with Knowlton sitting on the bench.

I believe that the Ticats would rather start Knowlton over Eiben but it depends on whether the ratio will allow them to do so or not. The Ticats seem to have turned off of Dave Stala somewhat.

Wobbler
07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I agree that Knowlton is the better player, but I suspect we'll see Eiben. The temptation to play him against his old team (combined with ratio issues, as you mentioned) will be too great.

Fungi
07-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Just wondering if the Argonotes are going. They always seemed to have a bad time.

Midnight Blue
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Eiben who's Eiben?

Oh come on, 1argoholic, how can you forget Kevin Eiben?

Our Defence would not have been the same, without him, when he was here.

Let us not forget our Stars of the past.

( Bad ... Bad Argoholic. And sorry for sounding like your Wife.)

[Insert emoticon smile here.]

Cheers !

gilthethrill
07-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I will be going (after vowing never to return to Ivor Wynne) with 4 buddies who have never been to a game there. Section H behind the Argo dugout....maybe Mulder & ArgoFan 87 will recognize me from Fan Day...:)

After starting 0-2, I am expecting Hamilton fans to be ugly drunk especially with an evening game in nice weather. Always nervous walking back to the car after the game.

Mulder
07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
I will be going (after vowing never to return to Ivor Wynne) with 4 buddies who have never been to a game there. Section H behind the Argo dugout....maybe Mulder & ArgoFan 87 will recognize me from Fan Day...:)

After starting 0-2, I am expecting Hamilton fans to be ugly drunk especially with an evening game in nice weather. Always nervous walking back to the car after the game.

Stop by and tailgate!

paulwoods13
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I agree that Knowlton is the better player, but I suspect we'll see Eiben. The temptation to play him against his old team (combined with ratio issues, as you mentioned) will be too great.

After Week 1, the Ticats went back to starting Knowlton at LB over Eiben, and moved Stala back into the mix on offence. They are up against it ratio-wise because they are very thin in non-imports on the two lines: starting just three NIPs on the o-line and none on the d-line. If they go back to starting Eiben over Knowlton this week, they will have a full-blown controversy on their hands, IMO. Eiben had an excellent camp, apparently, but did not have a good game in Week 1.

gilthethrill
07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Stop by and tailgate!

That should not be a problem...

Hollaway
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM

Do not fear the giant roar, for the tiggers and they're fans have a little bite LOL.

Will
07-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Where do you normally park?

gilthethrill
07-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Where do you normally park?

Usually about a 5-10 minute walk from the stadium....If I find a cheap parking lot on Main st, great, if not, there is free parking along Gage st.

Will
07-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Usually about a 5-10 minute walk from the stadium....If I find a cheap parking lot on Main st, great, if not, there is free parking along Gage st.

Parking at Scott Park has never been an issue for safety, but the $20.00 cost might be prohibitive to some.

gilthethrill
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Parking at Scott Park has never been an issue for safety, but the $20.00 cost might be prohibitive to some.

I just find the further away from Ivor Wynne I park, the traffic seems to thin out a bit during my walk back to my car.

Will
07-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I just find the further away from Ivor Wynne I park, the traffic seems to thin out a bit during my walk back to my car.

That's only natural though.

RICKEARS
07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone off to Hamilton this weekend for the game?

T-Bone
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes there are a few of us (http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?740-July-14th-Toronto-Argonauts-vs.-Hamilton-Tiger-Cats-Pre-Game-Gameday-Thread).

Will
07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
This will be a big test for the Argos' inexperienced secondary. Chris Williams and their new running back Chevon Walker particularly concern me.

marcwagz
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
i hope it doesnt become a shoot out
our defence held calgary to 14 points in 3 quarters, then fell apart

Will
07-10-2012, 10:30 AM
i hope it doesnt become a shoot out
our defence held calgary to 14 points in 3 quarters, then fell apart

The Argos allowed that one TD drive, the other TD was on special teams and the other TD was set-up by a big return.

marcwagz
07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
true i guess. Better get some luck then.

Also where do argos fans sit in Ivor?

I am not going to this game but I may want to go to the other one as I've never been to ivor before.

Will
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
The Argo fan attendance in IWS was pretty sad for the one game last year, but when there were more Argo fans they are mostly concentrated around Box G or H behind the Argos bench and above in Section 6. You'll find other scattered around the stadium. Myself, T-Bone and Mulder will be sitting in Section 25 I believe, which is on the opposite side of the field. We will be sitting with several friends of ours who are Ticat fans.

gilthethrill
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
This will be a big test for the Argos' inexperienced secondary. Chris Williams and their new running back Chevon Walker particularly concern me.

Funny people don't mention $$$Fantusz as a concern.......

Will
07-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Funny people don't mention $$$Fantusz as a concern.......

The Ticats have a very good corps of receivers, but Williams has started off hot this season and he's the one who torched us for that long TD in the pre-season.

bluto
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok, Ok, Fine! i'll go! quit hassling me!

;)

gilthethrill
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
The Ticats have a very good corps of receivers, but Williams has started off hot this season and he's the one who torched us for that long TD in the pre-season.

I know it is early in the season, but I don't think Fantusz will set the world on fire this season....big $$$ free agents just don't seem to pan out in Steeltown...he seemed lost last year after coming back from the NFL prior to getting injured.

People may disagree with me on this, but watching Sam Giguere get up after he has been hit, he is always wincing...I wonder if he is so muscle bound that he lacks flexibility, there fore he may be more suseptible to injury.

AngeloV
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I know it is early in the season, but I don't think Fantusz will set the world on fire this season....big $$$ free agents just don't seem to pan out in Steeltown...he seemed lost last year after coming back from the NFL prior to getting injured.

People may disagree with me on this, but watching Sam Giguere get up after he has been hit, he is always wincing...I wonder if he is so muscle bound that he lacks flexibility, there fore he may be more suseptible to injury.

I think Sam Giguere is highly overrated. He is big and has great straight ahead speed, which is why there was NFL interest in him, but he looks very stiff running routes. He seems to have absolutely no moves. Did anyone else notice Cortez chewing him out after the third down gamble Fridy night that was suppossed to go to him? He looked like he was joggng his flat route as if he had no idea he was the main target.

As for Fantuz, has he become Jason Clermont 2.0?

Will
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
too early to be making any conclusions about fantuz in my opinion

burris may be trying to still develop chemistry with him

AngeloV
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM

2 dropped passes in 2 games. If that was Mo Mann, I'd hate to think what OV would be saying. LOL!!

Will
07-10-2012, 12:25 PM
2 dropped passes in 2 games. If that was Mo Mann, I'd hate to think what OV would be saying. LOL!!

Well Andy should just be thankful he has the right passport then :)

ArgoRavi
07-10-2012, 12:25 PM

I suspect that Fantuz will come alive yet before long but I too wonder whether Giguere will ever become the force that the Ticats expect him to be. It is still early but Giguere has been a disappointment so far.

RICKEARS
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
il be there for my 3rd time in the same seats....1st row right behind the Argos bench

1argoholic
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
How many times have we seen guys come to the CFl with their heads in the clouds from the NFL. Some just don't work out. Still early but I'd be glad if both kept crapping out.haha

QBall
07-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Just wondering if the Argonotes are going. They always seemed to have a bad time.

The Argonotes will not be attending. After a bad experience at the Labour Day classic the year before last Steve decided, for our own safety, that the Argonotes will not attend any more games in Hamilton (a decision I fully support). I don't think the ban is going to be lifted any time soon.

R.J
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I think Sam Giguere is highly overrated.
Rod Black would disagree with you, seems to have a love fest with him and continually brings up how muscular and fit he is, kind of creepy actually.

AngeloV
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Rod Black would disagree with you, seems to have a love fest with him and continually brings up how muscular and fit he is, kind of creepy actually.

LOL...Rod Black has a love fest for anyone with an NFL connection. How many times did we hear about Steven Black being TO's cousin? I'd say eerytime he caught a ball in a game that black was calling.

ArgoGabe22
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Giguere will be out of the league soon pushing bobsleighs http://www.samgiguere.com/blog.html

gilthethrill
07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
LOL...Rod Black has a love fest for anyone with an NFL connection. How many times did we hear about Steven Black being TO's cousin? I'd say eerytime he caught a ball in a game that black was calling.

Rod mentioned that the opening night uniforms the Riders were wearing looked like the NJ Jets....that made it sound like the Riders were trying to imitate their favourite sports team..Rod, quit talking about the NFL at every little opportunity.

1argoholic
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
AngeloV your bang on with Black going on and on about ex NFLers even noname ones. I was saying to my wife while watching the Ed/Sask game and how he goes on and on about some guy I've never heard of. You could sit on an NFL practice roster and never se an actual game and your concidered an ex NFLer. He's so hard to listen to. We picked up on that Jets uni comment as well.

ArgoRavi
07-10-2012, 06:47 PM
How many times have we seen guys come to the CFl with their heads in the clouds from the NFL. Some just don't work out. Still early but I'd be glad if both kept crapping out.haha

Good point. Just because a player has been on an NFL practice roster for three years, it doesn't mean that he will automatically excel in the CFL, even if he is a Canadian player. I think that there are higher expectations of Giguere because he is Canadian but if he were an import the Ticats might be thinking of sitting him this week.

OV Argo
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Obie and Cortez types will invent "ratio problems" with the usual whining about lacking Canadian talent or depth; but really - their main personnel problems are some of the lame or mediocre imports they choose to hand playing time to.

Sitting down Stala the first game in favor of some new and useless looking rookie receiver (Jones) was an embarassing slap in face to a proven vet, great hands, 2x 1000 yd. CFL receiever IMO: and yeah - what a hardship to have to play a guy like Eiben at LB - what has he ever done in the CFL? Meanhwile - they trot out Webb at safety, and some average to medicore looking young imports on the D-Line, and NIs need not apply at OT there. Knowlton is a good LB and i could see wanting him in the line-up (with Eiben for depth and certain packages), but they have all sorts of options to play some other NIs over the imports they like to hand playing time to, but 7 only of dem types need apply for playing time there- typical CFL garbage bull$h*t that demonstrates lack or respect for or faith in the NI talent pool - just IMO of course.

As for Giguere - big expectations maybe, and maybe over-rated due to the NFL resume; but he's hardly been thrown to much, plus he's looked at least decent returning KOs; let's see him drop a whole whack of passes before he gets written off as no good.
Fantuz - yeah what a bum - that NFL shot just wrecked him i guess; good thing the Argos aren't stuck with such an inferior receiver in their corps

AngeloV
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Sitting down Stala the first game in favor of some new and useless looking rookie receiver (Jones) was an embarassing slap in face to a proven vet, great hands, 2x 1000 yd. CFL receiever IMO: and yeah - what a hardship to have to play a guy like Eiben at LB - what has he ever done in the CFL? nt pool - just IMO of course.

You don't think it was as big a slap in the face to sit him over Giguere?

As for Giguere - big expectations maybe, and maybe over-rated due to the NFL resume; but he's hardly been thrown to much, plus he's looked at least decent returning KOs;

I may be wrong about Giguere, but he's averaging less than 19 yards per kickoff return, while showing no ability other than to run in a straight line. His average return is actually quite lousy.

OV Argo
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
You don't think it was as big a slap in the face to sit him over Giguere?

I may be wrong about Giguere, but he's averaging less than 19 yards per kickoff return, while showing no ability other than to run in a straight line. His average return is actually quite lousy.

Fantuz, Stala and Giguere would all be sat down for unproven import stiffs like that Jones guy if Obie types had their way. And besides - Giguere is playing at WR where his speed maybe suits him for the CFL; Stala is a proven vet, prototype CFL big-target, great hands CFL slotback; but he got sat down first game for an unproven rookie import who had never played the position before; would you have expected Mike Bradwell, let alone a rookie Argo receiver, to be starting over Jason Barnes at slotback to start the season or anytime soon?

The Riders had started ex-NFLer Sinorice Moss as their main returner this year - he's shown basically less than Giguere as a returner thus far and got benched last game- though some Riderfans. types expected him to be a CFL superstar when he was signed; i didn't see anybody expecting Giguere to be a CFL superstar this season - though some thought he might be a pretty talented NI and a nice addition; if he continues to show not much - either as a returner or a receiver (he did get to return some KOs in actual NFL reg. season game time) - then time to give somebody else some shots at both jobs; the Ticats have draft pick Charbonneau-Campeau around at receiver - he did way more as a CIS receiver than Giguere ever did at the same Sherby program; i'd guess they also have some guys on the roster who have been pretty good KO returners in college ball to try.

KCargosfan
07-11-2012, 12:05 AM
The Riders had started ex-NFLer Sinorice Moss as their main returner this year - he's shown basically less than Giguere as a returner thus far and got benched last game- though some Riderfans. types expected him to be a CFL superstar when he was signed

Don't Riders fans expect every ex-NFL guy they sign to be a superstar?

I haven't been impressed with Giguere at anything so far, but it's only 2 games in.

Btw -- did you notice Calgary re-signed Sinopoli? :)

jerrym
07-12-2012, 01:12 AM
If the Argos do not have better containment on special team returns, this could cost them the game with Williams, Walker and Giguere having long returns.

anthonyrussell
07-12-2012, 02:31 AM
If the Argos do not have better containment on special team returns, this could cost them the game with Williams, Walker and Giguere having long returns.

Nail, head and hit. Not that I know who Rod Black is but a couple of 40-50 yard kick returns due to special teams having another bad week and the Sam Giguere love in will get balloons to go with it.

The d needs to step up and get in Burris' face. Break him early and Ray and the boys up front will do the rest.

jerrym
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm new to Canadian football... be gentle. Or flame me, such is life.

I'm sure others have done this before me, but welcome on board. Glad to see another Argos fan. I think you will find this a much more hospitable site than many others that I have visited. At least that is my experience.

jerrym
07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
The Argos need to give Cory Boyd the ball once again 20 or more times. Their win/loss record when he carries the ball 20 times for more than 100 yards is great. It also makes Ricky Ray better, even though he hardly needs it, because the defence has to also respect Boyd's running ability.

OV Argo
07-12-2012, 08:58 PM
The Argos need to give Cory Boyd the ball once again 20 or more times. Their win/loss record when he carries the ball 20 times for more than 100 yards is great. It also makes Ricky Ray better, even though he hardly needs it, because the defence has to also respect Boyd's running ability.

Watching the Als/Stamps game tonight - featuring 2 very good RBs in Cornish & Whitaker - and next to zero run game = typical CFL offence = very often lack of faith in a run game and sticking with it; shut down the run early and most CFL teams will flee the run game like rats off a sinking ship. I hope this does not become the case with the Argos O and Boyd.

KCargosfan
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Nail, head and hit. Not that I know who Rod Black is but a couple of 40-50 yard kick returns due to special teams having another bad week and the Sam Giguere love in will get balloons to go with it.

The d needs to step up and get in Burris' face. Break him early and Ray and the boys up front will do the rest.

Welcome aboard, anthonyrussell.

Fungi
07-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I love how all the Ticat fans on our ARGO sight are so quiet about how the Argonotes refuse to attend. I also include all their Ticat buddies. Obviously it's the Argonotes.LOL
It's too bad they just can't go and have fun...

1argoholic
07-12-2012, 11:52 PM
The Argonotes need some bouncers who look like they are carrying instruments but really they're lead pipes. haha.

Wobbler
07-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Based on the recent articles that have (e.g. today's article (http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/article/1225821--argonaut-evan-mccollough-brings-veteran-experience-to-rookie-secondary) by Bob Mitchell) and haven't been written, it sounds as though Huntley and Mann will sit again but McCollough will get his first start of 2012. No complaints, I guess; the D-Line has been good, and I'm much less concerned about evaluating Mann now that Ray is clicking with multiple receivers.

KCargosfan
07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Do we take a bus to Hamilton early Saturday afternoon? How does the travel work?

I would guess team meal at noon, leave at 1?

ArgoRavi
07-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Watching the Als/Stamps game tonight - featuring 2 very good RBs in Cornish & Whitaker - and next to zero run game = typical CFL offence = very often lack of faith in a run game and sticking with it; shut down the run early and most CFL teams will flee the run game like rats off a sinking ship. I hope this does not become the case with the Argos O and Boyd.

Montreal, especially, really abandoned the run tonight although they did ultimately win the game with Calvillo throwing for over 300 yards. However, they might not have needed the late game heroics if they had not forgotten about their running game to begin with.

argomANIA
07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Do we take a bus to Hamilton early Saturday afternoon? How does the travel work?

I would guess team meal at noon, leave at 1?

Guys used to drive themselves to the Hammer. I'm not sure what our new coach has decided to do though.

Will
07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Guys used to drive themselves to the Hammer. I'm not sure what our new coach has decided to do though.

I saw Huntley and Jeff Johnson parking their cars in the same lot that I parked mine at the pre-season game.

Fungi
07-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Montreal, especially, really abandoned the run tonight although they did ultimately win the game with Calvillo throwing for over 300 yards. However, they might not have needed the late game heroics if they had not forgotten about their running game to begin with.
Sometimes, you just have to turn off the mind and the analysis and just enjoy the game.Damn, that was exciting. You gotta feel sorry for AC's back ups though. Even with a shoulder injury, the guy still has it.

1argoholic
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I was pissed that Calgary blew that. I kept telling my wife that her team is CRAP! You can't cheer for teams to help you out it never works. Having said that GO Esks GO.

Fungi
07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I've never liked WTF Buck. Pack your bags and hit the trail. He got injured again.

ArgoDave
07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
true i guess. Better get some luck then.

Also where do argos fans sit in Ivor?

I am not going to this game but I may want to go to the other one as I've never been to ivor before.

Don't sit in Box G certain Ticat fans call that "Shockers Corner" and an obnoxious twit named Ben Lawrence and his drunk friends make a point of harassing fans of other teams all game till they leave in disgust. Security will do nothing to stop them. I sat there for years but no longer.

ArgoDave
07-13-2012, 10:35 PM
The Argonotes will not be attending. After a bad experience at the Labour Day classic the year before last Steve decided, for our own safety, that the Argonotes will not attend any more games in Hamilton (a decision I fully support). I don't think the ban is going to be lifted any time soon.

Not surprising, fan hostility at Ivor has been ramping up for last few years. I had a catfan friend recommend to me to come to games in Hamilton incognito to avoid harassment since I'm not the type to just sit there with a sh*t eating grin and take abuse like some do but I won't do that.

KCargosfan
07-13-2012, 10:54 PM
I saw Huntley and Jeff Johnson parking their cars in the same lot that I parked mine at the pre-season game.

Wow. I find that very odd.

Mulder
07-13-2012, 11:06 PM

Not really. Considering most of the players live in Mississusga or Oakville. It's about a 30 minute drive MAX to the stadium. Even from downtown Toronto 1 hour ish. Cheaper for the team to just reimburse gas instead of having everyone meet somewhere for a bus. or 2

Fungi
07-13-2012, 11:20 PM
I find that odd as well. A first string player should be in `La-la` land before a game, not driving the highway before a special game. Hell, all games are special. I`ve been in traffic before where you needed a six-pack to unwind. Take a bus Argos.
I also love how Ticat fans on this sight have nothing to say about how worse it has gotten in their town concerning the animosity towards Argo fans.

KCargosfan
07-14-2012, 12:40 AM
I find that odd as well. A first string player should be in `La-la` land before a game, not driving the highway before a special game. Hell, all games are special. I`ve been in traffic before where you needed a six-pack to unwind. Take a bus Argos.

Concur....

1argoholic
07-14-2012, 01:28 AM
I think this way they can drive down early and relax at the stadium. For the guys in Oakville it's a stones throw to Hamilton.

Argocister
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Game day is on! I'm pumped for this game ...... Maybe later in the season I'll be nervous, but it's early enough that I want to see the improvements in the team. That are "gelling" well, and it's good to see new things happening on the field.

O-Line do your duty, PROTECT Ricky Ray!
Receivers and Running Backs PROTECT that ball!
And Most fun of all, ..... Defense, CREATE HAVOC!
Looking forward to the game , heading down with 6 of us..... Mind you my husband is a kitten, and one other is a Ticat fan as well, but the rest of us will be yelling ..... ARGOOOOoOoOoOoOOoOOOoS!

Wobbler
07-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Pretty much every team in the league has had a radically different performance from week-to-week so far. We look like the better team, but who knows? Fingers crossed.

1argoholic
07-14-2012, 05:08 PM
We always have trouble no matter the players going into Hamilton. Hopefully this is our year to win a few there.

marcwagz
07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
with a little luck, and a lot of RAY, we should come home victorious!

Stevoman
07-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Here's hoping for the win but I know there will be some hungry Ticats out there looking for their first win. If we can pull it out we get a reeling Bombers team on Wednesday and its possible that we could quickly be 3-1. Here's a link to some new wallpapers: http://www.argonauts.ca/2012-argonauts-wallpapers

Wobbler
07-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I really love the unpredictability of our defence. We have a lot of different formations, and have been getting pressure out of several of them.

Will
07-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Argos are playing like garbage. Chad putting the ball on the turf may be the turning point of the game, and now the special teams give up another TD. Argos don't look very prepared.

Wobbler
07-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I would have loved a fake instead of the FG kick from the 7 yard line. Even if we botched it and got 0 points, Hamilton would have been stuck very deep.

Will
07-14-2012, 08:18 PM
The offense started to wake up a bit on that last drive.Need a big drive here.

jerrym
07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Love Jarius Jackson on the 1 yard sneak.

jerrym
07-14-2012, 08:43 PM
After such a great comeback, to allow a TD runback on a missed field goal. UGH! However, the Argos have shown they can mount a comeback. Lets do it again.

Wobbler
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM
That's just about the ugliest possible way to end a half. Good grief.

Bleeds Double Blue
07-14-2012, 08:47 PM
I think I'm going to throw up. The worst part is that these are makeable field goals that are coming back the other way. Sorry my first post is a rant but my God, c'mon.

ArgoRavi
07-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I think I'm going to throw up. The worst part is that these are makeable field goals that are coming back the other way. Sorry my first post is a rant but my God, c'mon.

I too am frustrated with the missed field goals. They are really killing us along with poor special teams coverage overall.

1argoholic
07-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Pre has lost quite a bit. He's punting isn't great and we can't have missed fieldgoals retrned every friggin game. 44 yards right in the middle. A pro kicker has to make that. His first punt looked like a dying quail. Receivers not getting open or holding on.
I'm sorry but Owens left knee was down before that ball came out. Horrible call.
Why does Hamilton want a knew stadium? Their hated rivals mostly lose at Ivor Wynne.

O'Shea has his work cut out for him. Now we don't even have a real solid return threat as Owens is more of a receiver now. Everyone is having return td's except the so called best in the league in Owens.

That returned pisses me off.

dmont
07-14-2012, 08:50 PM

One of the worst displays on special teams I've ever seen, they should all be ashamed. Owens, Johnson, Prefontaine, Watkins all having awful games.

It's a shame too, the offense and defense aren't playing too bad.

Will
07-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Special teams is absolutely costing us this game! Prefontaine absolutely should have made that kick. This would have made the game 22-16, but now they are down 29-13 instead.

Fungi
07-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Really Ticats? The visitors air conditioner doesnt work? Is tha that what you do? What a bunch of slack- jawed, knuckle dragging bunch of fools.
What's next. The plumbing doesn't work? That may not be a problem for ticat fans, but c'mon. Really?
I don't think the Argos would allow that to happen. They would probably turn their A/C off to coincide.

dmont
07-14-2012, 09:01 PM

One of the worst displays on special teams I've ever seen, they should all be ashamed. Owens, Johnson, Prefontaine, Watkins all having awful games.

It's a shame too, the offense and defense aren't playing too bad.

I forgot Barnes. He sucks too.

Stevoman
07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Time for some TD's in the red zone if we want to pull this one out.

ArgoRavi
07-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Signing Sandro DeAngelis doesn't seem like a bad idea. It is too bad that we can't get him in for the rest of the game tonight.

jerrym
07-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Give the ball to Boyd again and again.

Wobbler
07-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Damn. Inman would have had that without an excellent defensive play. Glad that we haven't forgotten about #11!

ArgoRavi
07-14-2012, 10:19 PM
I didn't notice it at first but have subsequently seen on two different replays that Prefontaine was hit in the back on Williams' missed FG return for a TD.

jerrym
07-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I didn't like the Argos simply kneeling on the last play even though it could not have decided the game. Send a message by always trying. If you are worried about a possible injury to Ray send out Harris to give a small feel for CFL football in the regular season by having him try a pass, even a short one.

Bleeds Double Blue
07-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I liked the way the team fought back from 21-zip but they have some work to do. It could have been a different ending if they had kept Hamilton pinned in at their own 5 late in the game instead of giving up a 24 yard run. Disappointing.

Oh well, the best way to put an ugly game like that behind them is to open up a big can of whupass on the Bombers.

dmont
07-14-2012, 10:33 PM

Couldn't get all three phases of the game firing at once. Special teams took the first quarter off, and we never recovered. By the time they showed up, both the offense and defense were gassed and couldn't do anything down the stretch.

It goes without saying that the special teams were awful. Awful awful awful awful awful. Embarassing. Shameful. Unprofessional.

Jason Barnes was terrible. I now know exactly who to bench when Maurice Mann is healthy.

I got very tired of seeing Owens begging the refs for pass interference flags. If he played better, he wouldn;'t need the flags. I wonder if he's being stretched too thin.

Patrick Watkins was pretty bad in the first half, he looked very disoriented on two Hamilton touchdowns, both scored by his man.

Very nervous about our kicking situation. And our red zone play. Would like to see both sorted out, but at least one of those needs to be FIXED before we have any shot at winning some games.

1argoholic
07-14-2012, 10:35 PM
I was affraid with all of our changes we'd have some serious growing pains. I just didn't think our oldest player would look like our oldest player. Plus our special teams aren't so special and I still think we lack a star receiver. We don't have a burner who can get deep and open. Chad Owens is being worked to death and it's only the end of week three. If we don't beat Winnipeg on Wed we're in trouble with the following games against Montreal and then BC.
I still think Owens left knee was down followed by his right as the ball came loose. What can you expect from Jake Ireland who's has always been known as a TO hater. He was as an official on the field and now that drunk gets us from a booth of tv's. I couldn't believe he could possibly see enough to overturn that Barnes diving catch which was ruled a catch on the field. His hands were under the frigging ball.
We're giving up way too many points and Montreal and BC will burn us. Oh well I hope we're better than the 5 or 6 win team I called way back when.

DanTheFan
07-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Hearing those "Argos Suck" chants today, I was reminded of how much I hate it when any fan base starts chants of "(team name) sucks" or "(player name) sucks" at a game (inclusive of the likes of A-Rod in baseball or Vince Carter in basketball), even if it's from my fan base and directed at an opposing team. Sure I'll occasionally throw down some boos when attending a game, but I usually same my multi-syllabic chants to give support to my team or a player. Am I alone on this?

Fungi
07-14-2012, 11:50 PM
What exactly were you expecting. Just wondering.

AngeloV
07-15-2012, 12:02 AM
I didn't like the Argos simply kneeling on the last play even though it could not have decided the game. Send a message by always trying. If you are worried about a possible injury to Ray send out Harris to give a small feel for CFL football in the regular season by having him try a pass, even a short one.

Disagree completely. No chance would I risk an injury when there is no mathematic chance of a comeback.

gilthethrill
07-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Well, it was an exciting game, but it figures the Hamilton D, which has been awful this season, would step it up somewhat against the Argos. Played well enough to win, but a dozen or so plays really scuttled it. Cory Boyd should be nicknamed "Bruiser".....

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ken Yon Rambo when he is cleared to play..also noticed Julien Fedio-Gudieno (sp) on the sidelines tonight....also met argofan1 & argoholics at the game...also survived getting hit in the back with a beer can for the first time....

Stevoman
07-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Alright. Down 21-0 at the end of the first quarter. Momentum killing TD against them at the end of the first half. 2 missed field goals and 4 times inside the red without a TD and they still clawed their way back to be only down by 2 late in the 4th. Impressive. Some players could've jumped ship and gave up but these guys didn't. While I hate it when we lose, I was proud of them for keeping on fighting. Yes, special teams suck right now and our O couldn't get enough TD's (our field goal unit should be amazing with all of the game time they get!) while our D couldn't hold them at the end. But I am still encouraged and know that the Argos will be in every game they play this season which will be entertaining. Kudo's to McCullogh for his pick and for Boyd's great game! Redemption will come on Wednesday.

Argocister
07-15-2012, 01:32 AM
It was an exciting game, and I'm glad the Argos could mount a comeback.
I think we lost the game rather than the Ticats winning it.
I don't know what was up with Barnes. Miscommunication or butter fingers.
Boyd, I thought , ran better in the second half.
Owens had 1 or 2 of those type of games last year....... I hope that's the last one. He usually makes up for it though the next game.
Four field goals that could've been... Two missed field goals that could've been..... I know it's could've would've , but it's better than last year . This year there is evidence of the team getting better...... Now special teams....... They will have to prove it.
Our stats were good...... But that's of no use unless we get the W.....
Work hard players, fix those mistakes and lets get another home Win.

Did Ricky Ray reach his Passing milestone? I don't know if they mentioned at the game or not. The PA system at Ivor Wynn is awful.

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Nice also that on a 32c day that the Argos locker room had no AC. They had to scramble to rent something to cool the room which was at least 10 degrees hotter than outside. F ing class move by Hamilton. No wonder the team looked sluggish. Can you imagine how hot and steamy those crappy little rooms would get. They showed a picture of the tomb during the game. I say turn the water off when they hit TO.

I guess Pre got hurt on the missed fieldgoal that was returned. I heard it was his feelings. hahaha. I kill me.

Gil so you met my buddy Finn. He called here saying pick up the phone I have someone you have to talk to at one point.

Will
07-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Where is the source for the information that the Argos' locker room had no A/C? Was this mentioned on the TSN broadcast? Are we proposing this as an excuse for the loss because special teams coverage were also brutal last week when there was plenty of A/C! That's really what this game comes down to the missed FG return and the punt return TD. Burris didn't play particularly well and the D kept Hamilton in control for much of the game. I was impressed with the containment of Walker for much of the game. I think DT Cohen got hurt, which seemed to me to be right around the time that Burris got those two big gains that set up the Ticats clinching TD. The Argos D might have been simply gassed by that point too.

I feel sorry for Cory Boyd because he played his guts out in the second half. Like dmont said, Chad Owens annoyed me, firstly with the fumble and then with the complaining about a non-call. I know certain aspects of his play had annoyed people as early as last year, but I find myself starting to agree with those people to a certain extent. Also, poor Inman is our only deep threat, somebody has got to help him!! Watt seems to being utilized as a shorter to intermediate range receiver. Ricky Ray didn't play well in the fourth quarter at all. We need to improve that red zone offense bad!

In summary, although the Argos brought the score to 29-27 the way I see it now is that the Argos just didn't do enough while Hamilton did just enough to stay ahead. Prefontaine's miss hurt really bad and it appears he was injured. If so, a kicker needs to be brought in (if Pre's injury is long term) as I do not trust Alix on FG's. The special teams need to clean up their act or else O'Shea might need to beg Crawford to come back although he might not be all of the problem. I'd like to say a lot of the mistakes are fixable, so fix them! Last year, some insisted that was the problem here in the early going, but things were never fixed and we ended up 6-12.

EDIT: The o-line was fine for a lot of the night and Ray simply threw some bad passes. Wayne Smith got beaten very badly on one play though. Gagne-Marcoux got hurt and I don't know if he returned or not.

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 01:57 AM
They showed the locker room and talked about it on the telecast as well as on Slam there's an article about it. The room felt like it was ten degrees hotter than outside. That's just cheap tatics as far as I'm concerned.

I still can't see how they called Owens fumble that when his left knee was down. Also calling that Barnes catch back after it was called a catch was horrible. There was no view that they showed in which that should be over turned. I hate Jake Ireland.

Will
07-15-2012, 02:01 AM
They showed the locker room and talked about it on the telecast as well as on Slam there's an article about it. The room felt like it was ten degrees hotter than outside. That's just cheap tatics as far as I'm concerned.

I still don't want to use it as an excuse. As I said before, (i) field goals instead of touchdowns and (ii) poor special teams coverage were something that was evident last week against Calgary.

anthonyrussell
07-15-2012, 03:54 AM
I didn't manage to stay up sadly but got up and quickly watched the highlights before bunkering down to watch the replay but when 2 of the main highlights are the special teams failing to do the job on kick returns, this really needs addressing and quickly.
OK the Bombers are coming in 0-3 and Buck seems to get broken like a bad, plastic spork at the moment but all it needs is more poor blocking and Demond Washington making some decent returns to give Winnipeg some confidence which they don't need to be given for free.

Scoreboards don't lie sadly. Regroup and go again on Wednesday.

marcwagz
07-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Boyd is a beast
168 yards rushing.
A couple passes were off but really we dominated the play the entire second half...
Why did we lose? Missed easy field goals and special teams coverage, along with failing to connect in the red zone.

All this talk of Rambo and Mann, I don't know who we'd take out of the receiving core for them to come in.
Definately not Durie, I doubt they would take out Owens, Barnes hasn't been great but will they really take out their prized off season acquisition? Watt had a good game and has caught all his passes. Inman seems to have a big reception every game...

So who do we get rid of?

Will
07-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Did DT Joseph Cohen return to the game? I felt that the d-line was doing a nice job of containing the Ticats running attack all night until right around the time when he was injured. That was when Burris was able to take off for two long gains that set up the TD that clinched the game for the Ticats. The D might have also been gassed at that point, but that might have been a factor as well. Again, I felt that the D played well enough to allow the Argos to win yesterday, but the offense and special teams just weren't able to keep pace.

Regarding, the A/C the article in the Sun states that the Argos learned about the problems prior to the game. Does that mean that the Argos locker room staff or whatever arrived at the locker room to set up or something and discovered this or were they informed by the Ivor Wynne staff beforehand. The problem is that while many people here we'll attribute malicious intent here, we don't have any clear-cut evidence that supports that theory.

argotom
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Just like most here have said, my summary is similar on the game.
Boyd is awesome, Inman is the go to guy with Durie while Barnes and Pre were horrible and should be cut.
The offense has to get better in the red zone while the special teams let the team down and need a new scheme.

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Pre has obviously been injured and Barnes got ripped off on a sweet diving catch that was called a catch. Jake the ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeAr godome overturned that call when there was no real evidence to overturn it. Owens had his left knee down and that should not have been a fumble. Jake will always go against TO and always has.

What the hell happened to my post? I never wrote that argodome shit.

Will
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Just like most here have said, my summary is similar on the game.
Boyd is awesome, Inman is the go to guy with Durie while Barnes and Pre were horrible and should be cut.
The offense has to get better in the red zone while the special teams let the team down and need a new scheme.

Pretty knee-jerk reaction on Barnes.

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I think Barnes will be ok. He's shown that he has no issue or fear in going after the ball. Your bound to drop a few when your up in the air going for a ball and getting nailed. He does not here footsteps. He'll be fine I'm sure.

argonaut11xx
07-15-2012, 03:07 PM
The Argo's will be fine this year...as long as they sort out the major issues on special teams....

In hindsight im REALLY glad that the Argo's did NOT consider Mike O'Shea for the head coaching spot....

argonaut11xx
07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
i think i'd rather get poison ivy, than lose to the freakin ti-cats..

losing SUCKS...

argotom
07-15-2012, 05:15 PM

He dropped two sure catches and one a little more diffucult.
It's obvious why the Esks did not want to keep him.

Will
07-15-2012, 05:17 PM
He dropped two sure catches and one a little more diffucult.
It's obvious why the Esks did not want to keep him.

The Esks granted him permission to go try his hand at the NFL and then he subsequently signed here. Barnes was close to a 1,000-yard receiver (if he stayed healthy last year); I think he needs to step it up too, but to suggest that his slow start warrants releasing him after three weeks is knee-jerk.

argotom
07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
The Esks granted him permission to go try his hand at the NFL and then he subsequently signed here. Barnes was close to a 1,000-yard receiver (if he stayed healthy last year); I think he needs to step it up too, but to suggest that his slow start warrants releasing him after three weeks is knee-jerk.

Barnes is done.
Regardless, I would rather have Kackert as a backup RB in the lineup instead.

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 09:22 PM
We're three games in and Barnes is done. Did you see the catch he made last week. He's our only receiver who's not affraid to go after it knowing he's going to get hammered. Plus he had a diving catch called a reception on the field onlt to have nummy Jake take it away. There wasn't enough evidence to reverse that call.

gilthethrill
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I did not notice Ron Fleming on the sidelines at all last night...am I mistaken? Also noticed Ricky Foley not in for several plays.

AngeloV
07-15-2012, 10:49 PM

Knee jerk reactions are plentiful from some of our posters.

Wobbler
07-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Barnes is in the process of playing himself off the starting roster, but he's not there yet. With the short week, I don't think we'll make any personnel changes on offense other than injury replacement (and I don't think we have any needs there).

dmont
07-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Knee jerk reactions are plentiful from some of our posters.

Guilty as charged, but that's how I roll after a loss.

argolio
07-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Barnes is in the process of playing himself off the starting roster, but he's not there yet. With the short week, I don't think we'll make any personnel changes on offense other than injury replacement (and I don't think we have any needs there).Good point.

ArgoRavi
07-16-2012, 02:09 AM
I did not notice Ron Fleming on the sidelines at all last night...am I mistaken? Also noticed Ricky Foley not in for several plays.

Flemons was one of the four scratches in Hamilton. Foley might have been part of a rotation?

jerrym
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I think O'Shea will be a head coach eventually and a good one who knows how to motivate his players, but he still has a lot to learn before that happens.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8