PDA

View Full Version : Great games this weekend!

Will
07-08-2012, 09:35 PM
That was until the Eskimos and Roughriders engaged in this bloody affair. Its 7-1 Saskatchewan in the 4th! Unfortunately, Saskatchewan doesn't have an NHL team to make a joke out of it. Well the Blues almost moved there so I'll say Blues 7 Oilers 1.

Will
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
How and why did we lose to the Eskimos?

ArgoRavi
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
How and why did we lose to the Eskimos?

We beat ourselves, plain and simple. Watching Jyles and Joseph at work certainly brought back some bad memories but I am so, so thankful that Ricky Ray is now an Argo.

1argoholic
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
The Eskie fans will be even happier with Tillman. WOW I watched paint dry no wait grass grow, no it was the Riders and Eskishmoes. Fill those fans up on piss Pil beer and a 1-0 game is exciting for them.

Will
07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
They are calling for Tillman's head already.

ArgoRavi
07-08-2012, 10:09 PM
There are elite QBs and then there are merely serviceable ones. You can win a Grey Cup with a serviceable QB but you have to have a strong team around that person (e.g., Tom Burgess in Winnipeg in '90) and perhaps a little luck (e.g., Kerry Joseph in Saskatchewan in '07). Watching the game tonight made me thankful that we have an elite QB versus having serviceable ones. Here is the list of elite and serviceable starting QBs in this league currently:

Anthony Calvillo = elite
Ricky Ray = elite
Henry Burris = elite
Buck Pierce = serviceable
Travis Lulay = elite
Drew Tate = potential to be elite
Kevin Glenn = high-end serviceable
Darian Durant = elite
Steven Jyles = serviceable
Kerry Joseph = serviceable

For the record, I would consider Cleo Lemon and Michael Bishop to be serviceable but Dalton Bell to not even be at that level. What do you all think?

argolio
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
What do you all think?I think #3 QB Matt Nichols just took one step closer to seeing some playing time.

Edmonton's defense can't be too happy to see no reward for their performance today.

1argoholic
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't call Durant elite. He falls in the same catagory as Glenn to me.

Will
07-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't call Durant elite. He falls in the same catagory as Glenn to me.

Durant needs to cut down on his interceptions.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8