PDA

View Full Version : Fan's choice Game of the Week

AngeloV
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
For those of us that want to see it again, or tape it, the Argos/Stamps game will be re-broadcast on TSN 2 tonight at 7pm. I like that TSN allows fans to vote on a game of the week for re-broadcasting. They are by far the biggest friend the league has ever had. But I'm sure we'll get some still complaining that it's all hockey, hockey, hockey.

Will
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
For those of us that want to see it again, or tape it, the Argos/Stamps game will be re-broadcast on TSN 2 tonight at 7pm. I like that TSN allows fans to vote on a game of the week for re-broadcasting. They are by far the biggest friend the league has ever had. But I'm sure we'll get some still complaining that it's all hockey, hockey, hockey.

There are those who simply can't help himself sometimes.

marcwagz
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
cool maybe ill be able to see myself

Gill The Thrill
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
TSN is a friend of the league, no doubt, but I think the CFL needs to diversify it's broadcasting exposure by having another TV deal with another network, preferably a network that is over the air and has affiliates all over Canada. It need not be CBC, Global would be interesting since they don't have the tradition of covering the league. At least I remembered that they were one of the networks that showed interest in broadcasting games during the last set of negotiations....It sure is a nice that they are interested in the CFL and not just in simulcasting the other league which is what they did for years.

ArgoRavi
07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
TSN is a friend of the league, no doubt, but I think the CFL needs to diversify it's broadcasting exposure by having another TV deal with another network, preferably a network that is over the air and has affiliates all over Canada. It need not be CBC, Global would be interesting since they don't have the tradition of covering the league. At least I remembered that they were one of the networks that showed interest in broadcasting games during the last set of negotiations....It sure is a nice that they are interested in the CFL and not just in simulcasting the other league which is what they did for years.

Simulcasting the other league is what CTV is all about now, Gill. I agree, in general, with you though that the CFL needs to be on a second network, preferably over-the-air, who will promote them in addition to the promotion they already get from TSN.

argolio
07-10-2012, 10:32 PM
After Desperate Housewives finished its run, I was hoping CTV would announce they'll broadcast the Grey Cup this year. I think they can skip/delay this stellar lineup for one week:

7pm – Once Upon a Time (Pre-ABC)
8pm – The Amazing Race (S-CBS)
9pm – Flashpoint
10pm – The Mentalist (S-CBS)(Some of those shows might actually be good, but I wouldn't know.)

1argoholic
07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
It was great watching the game reply tonight. It was much more relaxing. What a killer game.

argofandave
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
After Desperate Housewives finished its run, I was hoping CTV would announce they'll broadcast the Grey Cup this year. I think they can skip/delay this stellar lineup for one week:
(Some of those shows might actually be good, but I wouldn't know.)
Couldn't they move these shows to CTV2 and put the Grey Cup game on CTV? I know CTV would occasionally move Desperate Housewives to CTV2 when they had 2 shows they wanted to simulcast at the same time.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8