PDA

View Full Version : Tillman admits if he could go back in time, he wouldn't have traded Ray

R.J
07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/07/11/tillman-tells-ched-if-delorean-involved-he-wouldnt-do-ray-trade/

Audio - http://www.630ched.com/insidesports/episodes.aspx

1argoholic
07-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Perhaps Eric has lost his mind. Why admit this two weeks in? What if all of a sudden Jyles starts to win? He's digging a big hole for himself.

Argonauter
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Perhaps Eric has lost his mind. Why admit this two weeks in? What if all of a sudden Jyles starts to win? He's digging a big hole for himself.

I agree. For him to admit this publicly is a big mistake.

Will
07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I had the same thought as 1argoholic and Argonauter about Tillman's admission. People in Edmonton are very angry over this and I don't even think this is going to dissolve any of the venom.

RoRoYoBoat
07-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Venom ? Who's the Snake here? By the time RR's contract is up. Snake will be gone and RR back in Edmonton.

Will
07-11-2012, 05:01 PM
What are you talking about?

anthonyrussell
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
There's part of me that thinks, listening to that, he's not saying "I made a bad trade, I'd love a do over" but "I made this trade in the interest on the Eskimos but would I do this trade knowing the poop that I'd have to put up with 2 weeks into the season? Nope".

bluto
07-11-2012, 05:59 PM
There's part of me that thinks, listening to that, he's not saying "I made a bad trade, I'd love a do over" but "I made this trade in the interest on the Eskimos but would I do this trade knowing the poop that I'd have to put up with 2 weeks into the season? Nope".

i agree. i just think he's an idiot to say that anywhere near an open microphone.

(welcome to the site - and the CFL, by the way -... and congrats on the Saints being promoted and Portsmouth being relegated)

KCargosfan
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Last time I checked Edmonton was 1-1. Not exactly time to panic. ANOTHER Big mistake by Tillman.

Fungi
07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
What are you talking about?
I agree . WTF is that about.
Last time Tillman took drugs, look what happened.

ArgoRavi
07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Last time I checked Edmonton was 1-1. Not exactly time to panic. ANOTHER Big mistake by Tillman.

No kidding. And they play Winnipeg on Friday in what will likely be a low-scoring game but one that they can win.

R.J
07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
IMO Tillman just gave the fans more ammo to use against him, then again I'm sure Eric loves the attention.

RoRoYoBoat
07-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Tillman is damaged goods. No one who's been undressed like that in public is ever the same afterwards. Look how long it took Tiger to get his game back...and he's still not what he was. Eskimo fans are on to him big time, he's probably the most hated man in Edmonton. I don't think that's the kind of attention he enjoys. If his team does not straighten out. They will be playing in front of crowds of 23k to 25k and it will be all over for him. If he starts costing the organization his salary in lost sales every game. Even his buddy Rhodes won't be able to save his snake.

jerrym
07-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I find it sad to see Tillman on the verge of throwing his career away. He had such success with BC, the Argos and Saskatchewan, as well as doing a commendable job of building a start-up franchise in Ottawa. However, his legal problems in Saskatchewan and poor decision-making on Ray suggest stress or something is getting to him. Saying trading a 34 year old qb who is first and foremost a passer, rather than a running qb who is more subject to injury as he ages, does not make much sense as many of the best passers in the CFL and NFL have performed very well long past this age. Oh well, Eskimos' loss is Toronto's enormous gain.

Will
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
No kidding. And they play Winnipeg on Friday in what will likely be a low-scoring game but one that they can win.

Imagine if Winnipeg were to lose to Edmonton to go to 0-3, that would make a lot of the natives restless in the 'peg!

AngeloV
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Imagine if Winnipeg were to lose to Edmonton to go to 0-3, that would make a lot of the natives restless in the 'peg!

True. And let's face facts, the whole stadium debacle really put them in a bad place for a good start, having to play their first 4 on the road. But I'm no sheding a tear for them.

anthonyrussell
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
i agree. i just think he's an idiot to say that anywhere near an open microphone.

(welcome to the site - and the CFL, by the way -... and congrats on the Saints being promoted and Portsmouth being relegated)

Thanks, not a Saints fan though. Prefer Bournemouth myself ;o)

No he shouldn't be let near an open mic again...not without knowing what questions are coming. He clearly did that on the hoof and look what happened.

Fungi
07-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Are GM's subjected to urine tests?

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Are GM's subjected to urine tests?If they did that, then internet forum posters would be next. We can't have that!

1argoholic
07-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh I'd love Winnipeg to lose that would be sweet. Mosquito season is always way worse for Winnipegers when their team sucks. haha. To think that back in the day they were my second favorite team until they got stuck in the east.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8