PDA

View Full Version : Can Glenn beat the Als in Montreal?

1argoholic
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I hope that Calgary D has Montreals number and pulls out a huge win tomorrow. This week I'm back to cheering for Calgary.

ArgoGabe22
07-11-2012, 07:23 PM
As a Calgarian I cheer for the Stamps as well and usually went to Argo games in Stamps gear until this year where I wore Argos gear. I was a fan of the old Stamps team with Burris, Reynolds, Rambo, Copeland but they're all gone and with all those stupid penalties last game I don't like the new team at all except for Nik Lewis. I do hope they can pull off with a win.

What a strange schedule they just played 2 weeks ago!

1argoholic
07-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Do you live in TO know? When did you move? My wife grew up in Northwest Calgary. Her folks live in Silver Springs.

Will
07-12-2012, 02:39 PM
As a Calgarian I cheer for the Stamps as well and usually went to Argo games in Stamps gear until this year where I wore Argos gear. I was a fan of the old Stamps team with Burris, Reynolds, Rambo, Copeland but they're all gone and with all those stupid penalties last game I don't like the new team at all except for Nik Lewis. I do hope they can pull off with a win.

What a strange schedule they just played 2 weeks ago!

Yep, I pointed out in another thread that the Stampeders are done with their road trips east of Winnipeg after an Aug. 9 game in the Hammer.

ArgoGabe22
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Do you live in TO know? When did you move? My wife grew up in Northwest Calgary. Her folks live in Silver Springs.

No way I was born and lived in Silver Springs and went to St.Sylvester school which is now a French school. Our house was on Silver Grove Drive.

I live in Mississauga now, moved in 2000 when I was 8 never went to the Stamps game, I hated football back then.

1argoholic
07-12-2012, 04:40 PM
My wife went to a school in Dalhousie (hope I spelled that right) and a highshool in that area too. She moved with her parents to Silver Springs Rd I think it's called. Then she bought her own place right around the corner before moving to Mississauga to be with me before we moved here. Mississauga was my stomping grounds. I did plenty of landscaping all around the area.

Mulder
07-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Yep, I pointed out in another thread that the Stampeders are done with their road trips east of Winnipeg after an Aug. 9 game in the Hammer.

No way I was born and lived in Silver Springs and went to St.Sylvester school which is now a French school. Our house was on Silver Grove Drive.

I live in Mississauga now, moved in 2000 when I was 8 never went to the Stamps game, I hated football back then.

My wife went to a school in Dalhousie (hope I spelled that right) and a highshool in that area too. She moved with her parents to Silver Springs Rd I think it's called. Then she bought her own place right around the corner before moving to Mississauga to be with me before we moved here. Mississauga was my stomping grounds. I did plenty of landscaping all around the area.

All of us here with the Calgary Connection! Was Born at Calgary General. Spent my first few years in Mackenzie, southern Calgary. Before moving to Carstairs.
Came to Ontario when I was 6 or 7.

Mulder
07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
As for GLenn tonight. I think he'll torch Montreal. That is alll

KCargosfan
07-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Thoughts from this game entering the 4th:

Calvillo has looked awful since mid-late 2nd quarter.

Why did Hamilton ever cut Marquay McDaniel?

Montreal's defense makes dumb penalties.

OVA is right. Montreal has completely abandoned the running game, which makes no sense.

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Methinks perhaps AC should have sat this one out.

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Als not dead yet.

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
LOL, Glenn pulled a Glenn!

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
3rd down -- gotta throw it now.

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Got it in by the skin of their teeth. Nice job by AC.

I told you he should have played. ;)

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Game over??? This looks close.

Yup, it's over. Not even a FG attempt. Poor clock management.

Wild game!

AngeloV
07-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I've said it at least 1000 times before, but Kevin Glenn is a LOSER!! Nevermind the pick at the end, his clock management was pathetic. Why would he huddle up the team after his 7 yard scramble, and then he can't get a play off in less than 12 seconds? You'd think he'd never played in the league before and had no idea how the clock is run in this league.

LLLLLOOOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

KCargosfan
07-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Game over??? This looks close.

Yup, it's over. Not even a FG attempt. Poor clock management.

Wild game!

Wow! I cannot believe Montreal won that. IMO, there's no other sport in the world that has a better final 5 minutes of game time than the CFL. Unless you're down by 28, you're not out of it.

On another note, the East looks very winnable this year.

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say AV.................okay, I laughed!

Stamps were this close to going 2-0 during this eastern trip.

KCargosfan
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I've said it at least 1000 times before, but Kevin Glenn is a LOSER!! Nevermind the pick at the end, his clock management was pathetic. Why would he huddle up the team after his 7 yard scramble, and then he can't get a play off in less than 12 seconds? You'd think he'd never played in the league before and had no idea how the clock is run in this league.

And you're proven right, again. Couldn't agree more on his clock management. How the hell do you huddle there and then not throw an out route to the sideline?

argolio
07-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Wow! I cannot believe Montreal won that. IMO, there's no other sport in the world that has a better final 5 minutes of game time than the CFL. Unless you're down by 28, you're not out of it.25 is my limit to feel totally safe -- requires 4 scores. You can still come back from 24 with 3 TDs and 3 2pt conversions.

AngeloV
07-12-2012, 11:01 PM
25 is my limit to feel totally safe -- requires 4 scores. You can still come back from 24 with 3 TDs and 3 2pt conversions.

Unless you have Kevin Glenn AKA LOSER as your QB.

argolio
07-12-2012, 11:07 PM
AC took some big shots today, but played better and better regardless.

Wonder if BillyJoeJimBob replaces the los....I mean Glenn next week (you're a bad man AV!).

1argoholic
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Can't believe Glenn threw that ball. I've said for years that the only reason Glenn was good in Winnipeg was Steigal. His balls look like dying quail.

KCargosfan
07-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Montreal puzzles me. Only 21,074 show tonight for a team that hasn't had a losing season since ??(I have no clue, I'll guess '99)??

Yeah, it's Thursday, but that is not good.

294life
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Montreal puzzles me. Only 21,074 show tonight for a team that hasn't had a losing season since ??(I have no clue, I'll guess '99)??

Yeah, it's Thursday, but that is not good.

Only one losing season since 1996 (8-10 in 2007 actually).

I'm calling it 'Montreal Syndrome'. First year in the new stadium: 25,000 a game (supposedly), second year: 24,000. third year: already bored.

look at MLS : from 60,000 to 12,000. Impact have had to adjust their pricing and so will the alouettes.

Argos should be a good draw in 2 weeks. Maybe 22,000 :bored:

ArgoRavi
07-14-2012, 01:33 AM

This was the most baffling element of that entire game IMO. They got 3 plays off in 41 seconds. Ron Lancaster had to be rolling over in his grave after that. It isn't just Glenn though - clock management is a lost art in this league IMO.

ArgoRavi
08-18-2013, 12:22 AM
This was the most baffling element of that entire game IMO. They got 3 plays off in 41 seconds. Ron Lancaster had to be rolling over in his grave after that. It isn't just Glenn though - clock management is a lost art in this league IMO.

Kevin Glenn, once again, cost his team tonight with absolutely horrible clock management. I am so sick and tired of seeing QBs in this league today unable to properly manage the freaking clock late in a half or a game! I am glad that Matt Dunigan called him out on it tonight.

294life
08-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Kevin Glenn, once again, cost his team tonight with absolutely horrible clock management. I am so sick and tired of seeing QBs in this league today unable to properly manage the freaking clock late in a half or a game! I am glad that Matt Dunigan called him out on it tonight.

whereas Duane Forde would have most likely not.

ArgoRavi
08-18-2013, 04:43 PM
whereas Duane Forde would have most likely not.

Forde and Suitor are both fine analysts but I am pretty sure that neither of them would have noticed the poor clock management. It was great when Dunigan was counting off the wasted seconds.

294life
08-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Forde and Suitor are both fine analysts but I am pretty sure that neither of them would have noticed the poor clock management. It was great when Dunigan was counting off the wasted seconds.

Dunigan has more swagger. His attitude as a player and a coach has carried over as an analyst.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8