PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any problems?

Will
07-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I can honestly say that was one of the tamest experiences I've had at Ivor Wynne Stadium. Nobody came up to me with the usual "Argos suck" or "Go back to Toronto" chants that I've experienced in the past. The number of Argo fans at the game was also higher than the game that was played last year. How was everyone's experience in Box G and H?

1argoholic
07-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Didn't look like many Argo fans when they showed the crowd. Things will change by Labour Day. That's when the real hate comes out.

gilthethrill
07-15-2012, 06:10 AM
I got hit in the back with a beer can when Inman made his big gain, there was almost a fight between a nice Ti-Cat fan & an drunken idiot Hamilton fan, but actually section H was pretty calm.

Will
07-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Didn't look like many Argo fans when they showed the crowd. Things will change by Labour Day. That's when the real hate comes out.

Yeah, because you have an extra few thousand people who are attending the only game they attend all year, some of whom are there just to get drunk and cause problems. As gill said you're apt to see two Ticat fans going at it too.

zontar
07-15-2012, 04:52 PM
There was a drunken idiot Argo fan with some weird rubber mask on the south side trying to stirup trouble/attention. That was only thing I saw.

Fun game. Argos defense is tight. No problems there.

Will
07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Zontar;

If you are referring to whom I believe you are referring he is ironically from Hamilton.

Fungi
07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
There are certainly a large amount of Ticat fans on this sight. Are you trying to stir the pot here?

zontar
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
There are certainly a large amount of Ticat fans on this sight. Are you trying to stir the pot here?

A CFL fan, more importantly an ONT CFL fan.
But if I was trying to stir the pot believe you'd know.

zontar
07-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Zontar;

If you are referring to whom I believe you are referring he is ironically from Hamilton.

Dunno, he was kitted-out in double blue.

ArgoGabe22
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I got hit in the back with a beer can when Inman made his big gain,

I thought you don't have any Argo gear so how would they know to hit you?

T-Bone
07-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I can honestly say that was one of the tamest experiences I've had at Ivor Wynne Stadium. Nobody came up to me with the usual "Argos suck" or "Go back to Toronto" chants that I've experienced in the past. The number of Argo fans at the game was also higher than the game that was played last year. How was everyone's experience in Box G and H?
I thought it was pretty tame. Then again I have never experienced any problems myself at Ivor Wynne even on Labour Day and I always wear my colours.

There was a drunken idiot Argo fan with some weird rubber mask on the south side trying to stirup trouble/attention. That was only thing I saw.
Unfortunately drunken idiots come in all colours and are usually the ones that cause problems.

I don't know how many Ti-Cat fans are on this board but the ones that I do know are not the ones causing problems at Ivor Wynne.

I got hit in the back with a beer can when Inman made his big gain, there was almost a fight between a nice Ti-Cat fan & an drunken idiot Hamilton fan, but actually section H was pretty calm.
That's unfortunate but was it intentional or accidental?

tc23
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
The problem that i saw was hardly any Argos Fans attended, probably several hundred, when Hamilton plays in Toronto there are several thousand. This year there will be even more !!

gilthethrill
07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
T-Bone, it was obviously intentional....but other than that, it was not too bad.

T-Bone
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
T-Bone, it was obviously intentional....but other than that, it was not too bad.
That's unfotunate.

argonaut11xx
07-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Hmm.....

I have an issue with the term being used, "Drunken idiots"

Not all of us drunks are idiots, thats a horrible stereotype...."BURP"

ArgoRavi
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Doug Smith from the Star was not pleased by what he saw in Hamilton on Saturday night: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2012/07/the-lack-of-civility-in-the-stands-can-be-troubling.html

Will
07-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Doug Smith from the Star was not pleased by what he saw in Hamilton on Saturday night: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2012/07/the-lack-of-civility-in-the-stands-can-be-troubling.html

His article seemed vague--was this 20-something yelling at Argo fans or other Ticat fans?

argonaut11xx
07-19-2012, 09:28 AM
I love going to hamilton, decked out in double blue...

If i didnt get heckled, hear chants of "argos suck", and be yelled or swore at....frankly i'd be disappointed.

The pre-game at the park is just as fun....

I guess im old-school that way....honestly Doug Smith would be a lousy , and boring fan, he is the type who says "shhhhhhh" when the person next to him is cheering wildly......he come's across as the sit on your hands "blue-jay"type fan.

I wish we had more Argo fans who were as wild and crazy as most hamilton fans.....

Mulder
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM
His article seemed vague--was this 20-something yelling at Argo fans or other Ticat fans?

That would be the Toronto Star for you!

paulwoods13
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM

I've experienced exactly what Smith experienced that night, and it's why I have not gone to a regular-season Argo-Ticats game at IWS for several years. There are always a few insecure idiots who appear to be there for no reason other than to stir up trouble -- something I have NEVER seen at a game at SkyDome. I am going this year for Labour Day, maybe it will be different but I doubt it.

Will
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Labour Day is when your more likely to experience a problem. Again, I've taken to sitting in the south stands, it is pretty relaxed in Section 25-26-27.

T-Bone
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I've experienced exactly what Smith experienced that night, and it's why I have not gone to a regular-season Argo-Ticats game at IWS for several years. There are always a few insecure idiots who appear to be there for no reason other than to stir up trouble -- something I have NEVER seen at a game at SkyDome. I am going this year for Labour Day, maybe it will be different but I doubt it.
I’ve seen things happen at Rogers Centre, it not exclusive to Ivor Wynne Stadium.

Labour Day is when your more likely to experience a problem. Again, I've taken to sitting in the south stands, it is pretty relaxed in Section 25-26-27.
Unfortunately Labour Day draws many people that are just there because it's an event and not because they're fans. It's sort of like the Blue Jays home opener every year.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8