PDA

View Full Version : Ray vs calvillo?

Argoscflguy
07-16-2012, 10:18 PM
One of those questions some of you love.... And many of you hate! So who do you fans think is the better?????

Will
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, in their GC matchups Ray does have the advantage 2-1 :)

Calvillo is like a finely-tuned instrument. I got to give him the advantage, having the passing record doesn't hurt.

Fungi
07-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Ray needs time to develop with his new receivers. Advantage AC.
New coach. Advantage AC
New offence.Advantage AC.
Ask this question again at mid season.

Argoscflguy
07-16-2012, 10:32 PM
True argosfan87!........ But I like rays style 100 percent better, calvillo has an awkward throwing motion! I've never been a fan! Flutie for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAMARG
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Depends for like all time? Or just this season? If you look at the whole picture, I gotta give it to AC, however for this year; it's going to RR, for one simple reason. Calvillo is gonna get injured. And without AC Montreal will take their rightful place, not in the Finals.

1argoholic
07-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Both CLASS acts and I'd be thrilled to have either on my team. Ray is our qb and he's younger with many great years left. Loved that TSN spot with Jim Zorn taking about a young Mexican Gunslinger called Calvillo who he wanted to coach at Utah St. Great story.

RoRoYoBoat
07-17-2012, 02:33 AM
They are both very similar. Both very calm, both read coverage better than any other QB's of their generation n eh cfl anyway. Both a little socialy ackward, both quiet leaders, both respected, both from California, both tough and durable. Both can't sell a fake or run play action to save their life.

The differences. Ray throws a prettyer ball while Calvillo has a stronger arm. Calvillo has had stability and is more "selfish" and has more discipline work ethics.
Ray is seven years younger and better under pressure by a bit.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8