PDA

View Full Version : Football food/drink?

Argoscflguy
07-16-2012, 11:09 PM
We know we all love football! But what's football without Food/beer! So what do you guys/gals eat/drink at the stadium or just watching the game from your couch?

1argoholic
07-16-2012, 11:51 PM
We love to cook and various ethnic foods are at the top of the list. As far as drinks it's Vodka or great local micro brew for me.
Right now my go to beers are either Howe Sound Rail Ale or Vancouver Island Brewery Sea Dog Ale. My wife drinks wine or she's hooked on these Vodka Mud Shakes. They go down easy way too easy.
After saying that on Wednesday I'm making a killer meatloaf recipe called moms meatloaf from the DDD book. Sometimes good old school home kicking hits the spot.

argonaut11xx
07-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Nothing go's down like a cold "Dead Frog"....

Gotta say one of the bright spots in the Fraser Valley is Deadfrog breweries....nice stuff...

Beer and football works the best for me....and i eat whatever SHE is cooking for me....hehe...SHE even brings my beers to me, on request...

Mulder
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124&d=1342534236

I cooked what they call a 'Bacon Explosion' this past Saturday.

argonaut11xx
07-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Mulder....i bet if you were really quiet while you ate that , you would have actually heard your arties closing up as you swallowed each bite.....

(Its looks AWESOME)

Mulder
07-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Mulder....i bet if you were really quiet while you ate that , you would have actually heard your arties closing up as you swallowed each bite.....

(Its looks AWESOME)

My arties were clogging up the night before while I was preparing it. Let alone eating it!

1argoholic
07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
My thoughts exactly. hahaha. Looks great though.

T-Bone
07-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I cooked what they call a 'Bacon Explosion' this past Saturday.
It was pretty epic!

Argoscflguy
07-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Do you deliver to Ajax ont? Lol

anthonyrussell
07-17-2012, 12:09 PM
The perfect sports food? Easy, cheesy chips. Not nacho cheese mind you, proper cheddar cheese melted onto chips (what you lot call fries). Filling, easy to eat and cheap to make/buy.

T-Bone
07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
The perfect sports food? Easy, cheesy chips. Not nacho cheese mind you, proper cheddar cheese melted onto chips (what you lot call fries). Filling, easy to eat and cheap to make/buy.
Take it one step further and put gravy on them:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThf2Qp4Eeq9lvTXN-8n8Vfu7EDqD7PakFZ-bXjn8c3dS-ejUhF&t=1
Sign the poutition. (http://www.poutition.ca/)

anthonyrussell
07-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Ah you see southerners put cheese on their chips, northerners put gravy on them. Over here people rarely mix the two.

Also I thought it was cheese curds rather than cheese or can it be both?

Will
07-17-2012, 02:40 PM
It really ought to be cheese curds.

anthonyrussell
07-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought so. At Canada Day in London we had what was called poutine but was done with grated cheese so my wife and I weren't sure it was the real deal. That said I did go to the Canadian pub in Covent Garden and wash it down with a Sleeman's so I think that makes up for it.

That said surely someone has to have made an Argo burger; huge slab of meat with 2 kinds of blue cheese...

1argoholic
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Poutine ROCKS but only with quality fries, gravy and good curds. Hard to find bad poutine in Quebec. We make it at home a few times a year with killer home made gravy, great local curds and oven baked thick cut potatoes. HELL YAH!!!!

Hollaway
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I enjoy Jalapeno kettle cooked chips with a cold beer during the game now if watching on TV, not really a fan of the food at Rogers Center, but really enjoyed the hot dogs at the now gone Exibition Stadium, the whole stadium had an aroma of food in the air during the football game.

1argoholic
07-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Yah at CNE I'd always get a huge dog and a big mix as we called them. They had those card board milk carton sized cokes to mix with the booze we would sneak in. haha.

Argoscflguy
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Thats a good mix hollaway! You can't go wrong with kettle chips and beer, your right about the aroma at the ex, Rogers centre nothing close! Like who eats sushi at a football game? Lol

Argoscflguy
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
It's obvious football and chilie go together , (like the tiger cats and Justin beiber go together!) so what's your favourite chilie, do you have that special secret recipe that makes everyone's mouth water?

marcwagz
07-18-2012, 09:45 AM
mm kettle chips
tasty
I like nachoes
yum
hot dog and fries if i'm at the stadium
if not i'll try to be a bit healthier

T-Bone
07-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Like who eats sushi at a football game? Lol
Why are having options a bad thing?

Midnight Blue
07-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Great stuff here.

But let us not forget, that this thread is about food and drink.

Right then.

Panty droppers.

50/50.

Pour 2oz. of Bailey's or Carolans Irish Cream Liquor into a glass, or other appropriate drinking vessel. Add 2oz. of Irish Whiskey. I recommend Bushmills Black Bush. Plop one or two Maraschino Cherries in (Red or Green).

Watch panties drop, before your eyes.

Cheers !

(This comment has been approved, by the joint Irish and British, Board of Censors.)

Ka' Plagh !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8