PDA

View Full Version : Music much better this year - thank you!

Argos
07-18-2012, 11:52 PM
I was going to post this on the last music thread but decided a new one might be more appropriate. I had to miss the first two home games so tonight was the first game I've been to this year. The music was much better - the volume was far more appropriate and pleasant, and it was a mix of music, not all electropop and club music. The result, I enjoyed this more than any game in the past couple of years and I found myself cheering, something I had given up on in the club music era. A big thanks to the game presentation staff for the change!

Also, who are the people with the big drum and argo4life on some jerseys? Loved it, keep it up and lets get the whole stadium to join in!

ArgoFan1
07-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I must add my appreciation for turning the volume down just a tad which is all I wanted. Just to take that edge off it. Loud enough that I could hear and feel the music if I wanted to but low enough that I could talk or concentrate on other things while it was playing.

ArgoGabe22
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Volume is good, music sounds the same to me. They've been playing the same old songs for 3 seasons. Not sure what they're called but I can recognize the beat.

Argos
07-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Last year was 90 percent or more club music. This year has a lot of rock -current, 90s, classic - as well. Much more pleasant now! They also got away from the weird remixes and also allow some quiet time, on defence so the fans can cheer and on offence so the offence can think. :) Definitely a big step in the right direction!

ticatfan
07-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Agreed, it is a good mix this year

Argos
08-28-2012, 12:51 AM
The music seemed to revert to old ways in the Edmonton game. At least where I was sitting, the music got much louder in the second half, and the first was louder than it's been. It was back to last year, where it was like being at a concert and I used the peace of the play to recover and really had no idea what was happening in the game. And they kept the music on during announcements and referee calls, the end result was an incomprehensible mess.

For the first time this year, I say there silent. I'm not going to compete with the DJ, he can make more noise and I know that.

Has it changed back to being so loud where others were sitting or do I need new seats? I missed lasts regions home game with a conflict, but prior to that, it had been much more enjoyable this season.

LLB997
08-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Music is great this year. keep it up.

Gill The Thrill
08-28-2012, 01:40 AM
The music seemed to revert to old ways in the Edmonton game. At least where I was sitting, the music got much louder in the second half, and the first was louder than it's been. It was back to last year, where it was like being at a concert and I used the peace of the play to recover and really had no idea what was happening in the game. And they kept the music on during announcements and referee calls, the end result was an incomprehensible mess.

For the first time this year, I say there silent. I'm not going to compete with the DJ, he can make more noise and I know that.

Has it changed back to being so loud where others were sitting or do I need new seats? I missed lasts regions home game with a conflict, but prior to that, it had been much more enjoyable this season.So it wasn't just me, I thought it was a little louder tonight also and I thought it drowned out a pretty raucaus crowd imo. You're right about drowning out the calls and that is just not acceptable.

PLEASE ARGOS ORGANIZATION IF YOU'RE READING THIS ...TURN DOWN THE VOLUME,....AT LEAST...and imo don't have any music in between plays on an offensive series...that's just BS (this is not a Raptors game, it's football) ....let the crowd make the ambience...they understand the game..especially tonight's crowd.

I got to admit, I think Monday night's in the summer are not too bad...I think it helps with bringing younger fans because the Argos are not competing with the bars and night clubs for the entertainment dollar among 20 something's, which is what they compete with on Friday and Saturday nights.

Gill The Thrill
08-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Going back to the point about music between downs in an offensive series...I've never heard that at any other stadium before. Been to IW, Molson Stadium, and they're two stadiums that have good atmosphere and they don't do that.

Perhaps no other stadium in the league does that, so it makes me wonder if it's even having a negative effect on the Argo offence...they stupidly play the music when they're on the field.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8