PDA

View Full Version : Jason Barnes

Will
07-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Way for him to step it up tonight and get the TD when we needed it! I seem to recall someone wanting to cut Barnes after his performance last week.

It's just one game, but I think he's starting to answer his critics.

Boyd is awesome, Inman is the go to guy with Durie while Barnes and Pre were horrible and should be cut.

Barnes is done.

KCargosfan
07-19-2012, 01:50 AM
haha, maybe a bit of a knee-jerk reaction there from someone.

ArgoGabe22
07-19-2012, 10:35 AM
If argotom was the GM we would have no one on our team because they would all be cut.

Argoscflguy
07-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Barnes showed some good hands, good speed and I thought that grab from ray was a good way for him to stamp his name in Argos football for years to come! Shout out for durie!!!!!! Great Canadian player!

AngeloV
07-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Way for him to step it up tonight and get the TD when we needed it! I seem to recall someone wanting to cut Barnes after his performance last week.

Exactly. Of course, I am starting to get numb to all the ridiculous knee jerk after game reactions on here now.

Having said that, I must apologize for my comment last week about binging back Robert Baker to "finish the job" on Pre. I was joking, but some may not have taken it that way.

matchuk
07-19-2012, 01:09 PM
wonder what they are gonna do when mo mann is ready to return?

AngeloV
07-19-2012, 01:14 PM
wonder what they are gonna do when mo mann is ready to return?

He's ready. They just can't find a spot for him now.

matchuk
07-19-2012, 01:25 PM
He's ready. They just can't find a spot for him now.

ah, didnt know that...thanks...

argotom
07-19-2012, 01:27 PM

Yes that was me and I do stand by my then earlier decision.
Although after yesterday I am willing to give him one more chance!

If argotom was the GM we would have no one on our team because they would all be cut.

Give me a chance AG22.
Having said that, we certainly would never had and dare I bring up his name again, Lemon on our roster.

AngeloV
07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Give me a chance AG22.
Having said that, we certainly would never had and dare I bring up his name again, Lemon on our roster.

Because all other options at the time were just so much better. :rolleyes:

1argoholic
07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I think Barnes has shown to be one tough player with no fear to into heavy traffic. That catch against Calgary was amazing. He played well last night and he got a beautiful diving catch against Hamilton over turned by the drunk Jake Ireland. Jake has to be replaced on Argo games.

argotom
07-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Because all other options at the time were just so much better. :rolleyes:

You are kidding right?
Without rehashing the obvious, there were literally dozens of options available to Barker with each one better then Lemon.
In fact, Prefontaine as a QB is better.
There is nothing like history to prove me and others correct, who echoed the same opinion.

paulwoods13
07-19-2012, 06:33 PM
You are kidding right?
Without rehashing the obvious, there were literally dozens of options available to Barker with each one better then Lemon.
There is nothing like history to prove me and others correct, who echoed the same opinion.

Honestly, argotom, no one is arguing Lemon was a good QB but "literally dozens" of better options? Would you mind listing the first 25 or 30 so we can all marvel? And don't include Pre because that's just hyperbole.

AngeloV
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
You are kidding right?

No. I would never kid you.

argotom
07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Honestly, argotom, no one is arguing Lemon was a good QB but "literally dozens" of better options? Would you mind listing the first 25 or 30 so we can all marvel? And don't include Pre because that's just hyperbole.

No PW, I am serious even recent guys that retired from the league or Canadian QB's graduating from the CIS would have been better options.
As for Lemon being a "good QB" as you put it, he wasn't even tolerable.
History has proved that.
Let's not beat a dead horse.

Fungi
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM
We win a game so every one gangs up on Argotom to celerate our win. Who's stirring the pot here? Can you stop?
Go Argo's.
You're a good fan Argotom.

paulwoods13
07-20-2012, 09:03 AM
No PW, I am serious even recent guys that retired from the league or Canadian QB's graduating from the CIS would have been better options.
As for Lemon being a "good QB" as you put it, he wasn't even tolerable.
History has proved that.
Let's not beat a dead horse.

OK, you are apparently serious in your belief that there were "literally dozens" of QBs better than Lemon available to the Argos. I asked you to name at least two dozen so that we could ponder whether they all truly would have been better than Lemon. I'm not arguing Lemon was or wasn't a good QB -- I'm arguing it's beyond mere hyperbole to say they were "literally dozens" of guys who would have been better AND were available to the Argos. Tell you what, I will reduce my request -- how be you just name one dozen?

1argoholic
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Let's start talking about Bishop as well. I'll just say both shite qb's that I'm sick of hearing about. We have Ricky Ray who shows what a great CFL qb is all about. Lemon was a lemon. I would have rather seen Pre at qb.

argotom
07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
We win a game so every one gangs up on Argotom to celerate our win. Who's stirring the pot here? Can you stop?
Go Argo's.

Thanks, likewise Fungi.

argolio
07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Since the topic here is now Lemon, I'll stir some more....

Whatever one has to say about Lemon's on-field performance, he was clearly our best QB coming out of two straight training camps, we won a playoff game in Hamilton, he was a great team guy up until that infamous halftime (which he arguably was justified in being angry at getting pulled in a game where we were only down by 7), and he helped bridge the gap from Bart Andrus to Milanovich & Ricky Ray. On balance I'll take that and thank him for his time as an Argo.

Then when Lemon was released and Jyles became the starter, he put up worse 2011 numbers than Lemon, yet I never saw anywhere near the same criticism for Jyles around here as there was for Lemon. Very strange.

AngeloV
07-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Go Argo's.

Thanks, likewise Fungi.

Get a room. :D

ArgoRavi
07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Since the topic here is now Lemon, I'll stir some more....

Whatever one has to say about Lemon's on-field performance, he was clearly our best QB coming out of two straight training camps, we won a playoff game in Hamilton, he was a great team guy up until that infamous halftime (which he arguably was justified in being angry at getting pulled in a game where we were only down by 7), and he helped bridge the gap from Bart Andrus to Milanovich & Ricky Ray. On balance I'll take that and thank him for his time as an Argo.

Then when Lemon was released and Jyles became the starter, he put up worse 2011 numbers than Lemon, yet I never saw anywhere near the same criticism for Jyles around here as there was for Lemon. Very strange.

And, again, I must say that everyone should have a look at Cleo Lemons' stats and Buck Pierce's over the last couple of years. Buck Pierce is something like #29 on TSN's list of top CFL players but he really has not been much better than Lemon over the last couple of years. Why Buck gets a free pass from so many while Cleo is treated like the worst QB to ever grace a Canadian football field is a bit of a mystery to me.

AngeloV
07-20-2012, 04:29 PM
And, again, I must say that everyone should have a look at Cleo Lemons' stats and Buck Pierce's over the last couple of years. Buck Pierce is something like #29 on TSN's list of top CFL players but he really has not been much better than Lemon over the last couple of years. Why Buck gets a free pass from so many while Cleo is treated like the worst QB to ever grace a Canadian football field is a bit of a mystery to me.

A lot of people on CFL boards have a hate on for anyone that has any type of NFL resume. Unless they dominate the league a la Flutie, they don't get any respect.

Fungi
07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Get a room. :D

Funny! You're not suggesting a threesome, are you?

I still wouldn't mind seeing Mann or Rambo. I think Ray needs better targets. IMO

1argoholic
07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I really hope Rambo gets healthy. I'm not sold at all on Watt. Hard to see on tv but is he ever open?

AngeloV
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I really hope Rambo gets healthy. I'm not sold at all on Watt. Hard to see on tv but is he ever open?

He was wide open on a deep post pattern on Wednesday, but Ray was forced to throw the ball earlier than he would have liked and overthrew him. Would have been a TD.

paulwoods13
07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
He was wide open on a deep post pattern on Wednesday, but Ray was forced to throw the ball earlier than he would have liked and overthrew him. Would have been a TD.

And he was open in the end zone and and caught a TD pass in Week 1 against Edmonton, but it was called back because of a holding penalty.

Gill The Thrill
07-21-2012, 12:17 PM

Buck Pierce = Gamer who has played in a Grey Cup game and is willing to go through walls to score a TD if need be.

Cleo Lemon = NFL reject who can't stretch a defence and king of the 2 yd pass, who was give a playoff victory because of incompetent coaching by Marcel Bellefuille...did I say he also has no ability to stretch a defence...end of story.

As Frank Drebin says....alright move along, nothing to see here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic:D

Wobbler
07-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Why Buck gets a free pass from so many while Cleo is treated like the worst QB to ever grace a Canadian football field is a bit of a mystery to me.
It is odd. There's nothing wrong with preferring one player's personality and style of play over another, but to regard them as having dramatically different values as players is to ignore a lot of hard data.

Fungi
07-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Me and area 51 can give everyone here a little bit of RECALL. Jaimie The ***&&&^(&&^%$$^&**%^%%$#$$^& )offensive cooordinator at the time, And I mean OFFENSIVE, like smelly and gooey- like...
Was in charge of the offense of this team. Little did Lemon realize was that the OC(tennis player), had no idea WTF the CFL was about, and had no idea WTF the offences of the CFL was all about.
Please don't give me these bad memories again. I've developed a small tick when some one says the word dildo. I have no idea what that means, nor should anyone on this forum. Thankfully, it's not a word I hear on a regular basis. LOL

1argoholic
07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I do recall saying a few choice things about that man and the citrus fruit we had at qb.
My favorite citrus fruit Argo was Doyle Orange. We lost our poor guinea pig, Dolye Orange about two years back now.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8